Alpaca-my-bags

Beautiful community,

It is with a heavy heart I’m letting you all know that this Sunday (13th) will be my last day in GoW :cry: I’m not posting here for “please don’t go”. I’m just posting so people know why I have left rather than he said she said stories.

I’ve been here for 6 years matching gems with you, making guides for the all the campaigns, graphics for every single world event, being a tester for over 2 years, soulforge graphics since 2019ish…it’s been an amazing journey but its one that, for my own sanity and health, I need to step away from.

I’ve found it increasingly more time consuming and stressful to keep up with everything I was providing, the game was feeling like a chore not a joy to play, all of the latest bugs and increase in events was just the final nail in the coffin when I’d already expressed I needed help with community stuff.

So what does this mean in terms of your guides? I had planned on typing up instructions for GMs on how they can calculate average tier buy ins, what bot commands to run to get other weekly guides but Gary has volunteered to take over the server… just with less intensity than what I was doing. I am cautious that I don’t want to dump someone with what was suffocating me so I hope that community members who have been looking to invest some of their time can get involved with the endless list of projects.

I have met some phenomenal people here in Gems, lifelong friends. I have laughed with you, I have drooled at your culinary creations over at the flight school, become followers of your RL pets and I’ve loved every moment of spending my free time with you.

I won’t be disappearing completely from discord so please don’t be strangers.

With Love

Hawx :heart:

83 Likes

Hi Hawx, really appreciate everything you have done for us. You deserve some good rests and RL with your family. You will be missed! :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Take care @Hawx . Thank you for all that you’ve done. You’ve put more passion and time into helping people enjoy the game than even the folks paid to do so.
You’ll be missed.

12 Likes

Ooof! Take care, Hawx!

2 Likes

Hawx, you will be missed by the community at large. The game won’t be the same without you. I wish you best of luck wherever life takes you.

3 Likes

Thanks for everything Hawx. It won’t be the same without you. I hope the next endeavour you undertake will be refreshing and fulfilling.

3 Likes

Thank you for helping the community and trying to make the game more enjoyable.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work. @Hawx !

Enjoy your time away from the game. :smile_cat: I hope you’ll find a new game that brings you some joy and fun.

4 Likes

Thank you for helping out the community through these years and wish you the best. :heart_hands:

4 Likes

understandably, thank you for all the work you did.
Your guides were more than helpful.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to see you go @Hawx. :sob: Your guides are super helpful, and you are a very nice person.

That being said, your own health and sanity is much more important than a game. I wish you health, happiness and luck with whatever you decide to do next.

I hope you will stop by and say hi to us on the GOW forums from time to time. Take care. :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for all your contributions. Everything you’ve and others done have made the game more bearable. I think if it wasn’t for these guides and resources, I’d have quit a while ago. Hope you find anther game to just enjoy and relax with.

2 Likes

So sorry to see you go Hawx, but if you feel you gotta go you gotta go …
Your bots were super helpful and I enjoyed having them on our guild server.
Thank you for all the years you put in all the work and effort.
All the best for the future and might you want to reconsider … Now that would be GREAT! :grin:
Take care and hopefully we’ll stil see you on the GoW battlefield. :wave:

2 Likes

A endless list of projects and too many details on certain helpfiles in general maybe also took a big toll here.
Not a good day for the community.

Congratulations if you really jump off this sinking ship called gems of war in time.
Enjoy and take care!

4 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work over the years.

It’s just a shame that this game has become “hard work”, instead of something to be enjoyed for the pleasure of playing :frowning:

Best wishes to you :+1:

3 Likes

You’ll be missed! Very best wishes to you @Hawx and thank you for all of your contributions throughout the years.

2 Likes

Ngl, gonna be sad seeing you leave @Hawx :cry: Where would all of us be without your guidance. I’m grateful for everything you’ve done for us and I want to wish you the best in your life outside of GoW. Hopefully you’ll return to us in the future.

2 Likes

Thank you for everything you have done @Hawx I mean that from the bottom of my heart. The work you put in has been extremely helpful to every member of this community.

3 Likes

You are absolutely AMAZING @Hawx. Thank you so much for all what you have done. We really appreciate it. Thank you for helping the community with your awesome guides.

Thank you for helping me personally with my Discord site (INT6 Custom Mythics).
We will miss you for sure. Please take care. I wish you best of luck and happiness wherever life takes you.

Thank you again.

2 Likes

What a sad day for the community, but hopefully a relief to you.

You’ve done so much for all of us, and will be sorely missed.

I sincerely hope that we’ll still get to read from you. There’s so much more to life than GoW, and I hope you’ll find more time to enjoy that now that you’ve shrugged off a heavy burden.

All the best to you! :heart:

5 Likes