Information about bans

i see the agument from both sides i bought the elite+ pass. it sucks that the extra i paid to get the bonus rewards has been nulfied but as stated i havent lost anything either.

the fact there will be compensation at some point will make some diference. $15 worth of compensation? probably not. its likely going to be 200 gems and a wave.

and we as suckers will continue throwing money at the game to have the slight edge over others because we can

It depends on who you are asking for a refund. If you tell the restaurant owner you were not satisfied with your meal then you might get something good out of it. If you tell your credit card company to charge back the payment after leaving the restaurant youā€™ll definitely get something unpleasant out of it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not trying to step on any toes here - I really do feel for those who feel scammed because players who paid less got the same amount as they did. Thatā€™s obviously not fair. It sucks.

However, from a logical/legal standpoint, I have to say I doubt thereā€™s grounds to get a refund or demand exuberant compensation. If support tickets shown on the forums are to be believed, Elite Plus payers will get some sort of compensation (and compensation in games like this is almost always an act of good faith, NOT any sort of legal requirement, because as others have stated, paying players did technically get what they paid for, if not more; paying for an advantage over others is stated nowhere - you paid for the resources you got). The McDonalds example is a good one. If you pay for and receive a double cheeseburger, and someone else pays for a single cheeseburger but receives a double by accident, there is no legal reprimand there. One person got lucky, thatā€™s all.

Itā€™s unfortunate, and Iā€™m not bashing Elite Plus payers at all. You have every right to be upset. My point is simply that there is likely no legal grounds to demand anything additional, whether a refund or in-game resources. Any compensation, unfortunately, is up to the devs. :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

Er. Chat? Discord? Reddit?

I PAID for a power orb, ready to use. Thereā€™s no RNG in it.

And they sob that 400 gems would break the economy.

Next time you go sit on the premium seats at the stadium and tell me how it flies.

You got your power orb tho.

You didnt lose nothing.
Your just pissed others got extra.
But thats life.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s really two things to take into account here:

1.) There is no legal ground to receive anything extra if you purchased the Elite+ Pass.
2.) It would be bad for business to not send you anything extra if you purchased the Elite+ Pass.

They want players to keep throwing money at the Elite+ Pass, alienating those players isnā€™t going to help. The interesting question for the next days is, how much will they miss the mark this time.

6 Likes

No, life is that you pay for a privilege, you get the privilege and the others donā€™t.

Okay well.

Like weever gate
Krinklemass
Bans
Vault events removed
And anything else youd like to add.

This company doesnt care.
Max compensation will be 200 gems if your lucky.

I hope you get what you want.
I wasnt arguing just stating facts and using common sense how the customers of this company have been previously treated.

Have a great day/evening.

You are right in this. Personally I wonā€™t give them another cent until they straighten their game and the way they deal with customers.

Nice evening to you, too.

3 Likes

-Same task again and again in campaign

• Troops not working as intended- change/ modify traits
  • Weapon unlock in campaign, but not available in our inventary
  • having vault offer during an arena event ( a weekend that was supposed to be a vault)
  • Still getting offer for Krinklemass a week after the event ends
  • no translation, or partially translated with many errors for folks who play diffĆ©rent languages.
    And many more loading errors, display glitch,

Iā€™m sure I forgot many more

But sometimes they do.

• People get upgraded to business or first class on flights for various reasons.
  • You may have gone and bought something yesterday and today itā€™s on sale.
  • A person who eats at a restaurant several times a week may get complimentary food or drinks and you donā€™t.

It definitely sucks, and I hope that everyone who paid for the + pass will get something.

3 Likes

Dragging this back to the bans and the so-called extra vault event: a long and rather rambling video from Sinnycool about this thread:

And I note we are now fully into the ā€œkeep radio silence, wait for it to blow overā€ phase of the IP2 disaster-response playbook.

So letā€™s ask @Kafka again:

• When is the next regularly-scheduled Vault event?
  • Has the gap between Vault events been deliberately lengthened?
  • When will the extra Vault event be scheduled?

And Iā€™ll say again: it beats me that this has not been swiftly resolved; that every time thereā€™s a choice between forging an amicable relationship with customers versus an antagonistic one, CS chooses the antagonistic path. There was good will here that Sirrian & co turned out during Christmas to fix the bans; there was good will that Kafkaā€™s initial communication here was a transparent and honest ā€œyeah, we messed upā€; all lost.

21 Likes

I want to add another question on top of this. According to @Kafka jan 13th vault event never existed. Then, why did we get an in-game offer that weekend that was titled ā€œGnome Vaultā€? Was this yet another bug?

9 Likes

I agree with the video. This whole thing is not being handled professionally. Iā€™m feeling as if they do not care about the game enough to address the problems (I know itā€™s not true, but thatā€™s how I feel).

I would like to thank the community, the members whoā€™ve called out this nonsense. For seeing it for what it is. This game needs to get back on the right track.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

If I were running things (Sorry, Iā€™m not) I would give you elite+ buyers a duplicate of those extra rewards that you paid for. Because that is a major element, since you couldnā€™t earn anything by doing the extra tasks. Then I would add on some oops gems.

its no longer about the compensation or that others got what they didnt pay for. its now about owing up to what they did and making sure it doesnt happen again. I would like to see the dev team not enter the ā€œoh shitā€ mode and act oblivious. there have been many Many questions posed to the devs which have either been lied about, (no auto bans) ignored, (duration between events), or straight up dismissed (TW not accurate).

i get that the devs here are not the programmers but they are the customer facing staff that represent IP2. part of their job is to take the criticism of their companies failings. Please note i am not saying they should have to deal with abuse this is diferent from being called out.

2 Likes

This is because

the ā€œkeep radio silence, wait for it to blow overā€ phase of the IP2 disaster-response playbook

WORKS.

Companies are not your friend. I believe the developers genuinely want to make this right but are hamstrung by higher-ups who have no reason to change their behavior because the playerbase keeps rewarding their business decisions by giving them more money.

7 Likes

Would be interesting to know if they could make even more money if theyā€™d change their attitudes.

The other game Iā€™m playing started working together with their fans and it seems theyā€™re doing better than ever. 2nd community manager, regular videos to announce updates, new weapons, armor, map sets, story missions and more.

Iā€™d suppose theyā€™re making more money since they made the game more for the fans and with the fans.

5 Likes

Possibly, but Iā€™ve seen the opposite happen. Another game I was playing was shuttered lastā€¦November, I think? There was no official reason stated as far as I know but it was broadly surmised that the game was simply too generous to free players and wasnā€™t making enough money.

Ironically it was one of the few F2Ps I actually spent money on, and I spent specifically because it was so generous. Unfortunately, the body of evidence industry-wide leans heavily in favor of the games that are the most manipulative also making the most money.

I recommend watching ā€œLetā€™s go Whaling!ā€ on youtube as it goes into some of the psychological tricks, and Iā€™ll give a nod to the game Diablo Immoralā€¦sorry, Immortalā€¦as that game is literally overflowing with manipulative monetization and earned $100m in its first two months.

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to be more generous to work with your fans.

They actually made good use if the fans in a sense to make both sides happy.

Fans came up with ideas for additions to the game, like support characters, tools, map sets, game modes etc - so the devs had a load of creative ideas laid out for them which they incorporated into the game.

And without pushing players too much, they monetized many of these things. You can for example buy tools for gold. But overtime, gold became scarce because there were so many things to buy.

Then they introduced a pass (much like the campaign pass but with kill 50 enemies a day) that costs as much as a standard weapon bundle but offers way more things, like tokens for fast healing or upgrading things, tokens for the supports (to upgrade them, similar to copies of troops) and usually a weapon, a piece of armor and more - that are exclusive versions.

Keeps people playing and many buying the passes every 40 days as itā€™s a high value.

They didnā€™t touch old modes at all, though. You can still get exclusive weapons from campaigns, some usually money locked weapons from guild war shops or black market - itā€™s super inclusive to all sorts of players, f2p and cb2p (cheap b*stard to play - which someone from the community came up with), and p2p.

Main point is, they are working with the audience to make the game better and still find ways to monetize it without being predatory.

It also works for players - which I one of myself - who are more likely to invest money in a game I enjoy and the doesnā€™t make me feel like I have to in order to be able to keep up.

Itā€™s hard to tell, really, if gems for example would make less money if they had a better rapport with the community - I personally doubt it.

No one is asking them to ditch passes or monetization, but being less hostile is more likely to make them more money than it is to make them less.

3 Likes