Information about bans

Not even surprised at this response. Was away from the game for almost 2 years, and when i came back last march, i genuinely felt like things had improved, but here we are…same gaslighting and insulted intelligence as 2019/2020.

I know my spending is but a drop in the Olympic swimming pool, even as I’m approaching VIP 19, but my wallet has been closed since the bans started and will be until further notice

Maybe Starfield will hurry up and get here, and i will have a non lootbox, non velocity-over-quality, non live-service game to meet my recreational needs.

2 Likes

I’m a newer player (4-6 months) and one of the falsely banned. I’m also a person who will spend real currency on games that are well designed because I want to support them. Any game that requires pay to play is automatically out for me because I think those are predatory and I don’t want any part of it. But GoW impressed me because you don’t actually have to pay to advance.

After I was falsely banned, I received an e-mail from them that impressed me so much that I continued to trust and spent some more money on the game. Now I’m so mad at myself for not waiting because I saw the post from @Kafka about auto-bans and that totally destroyed my trust that this won’t happen again.

I have never in my life hacked a game, mostly because I don’t see the point - if I don’t actually have fun playing it, then I should stop and find something else that I enjoy doing. But also, partially, because I never want to have my accounts (in any game) banned. I enjoy games where I can make cumulative progress over time and I don’t want that taken away from me. I stopped playing my last game because I no longer trusted their auto-ban system and I’m edging that way on this one. At the very least, I also won’t be spending any more real currency until/unless I feel like they have their ban system under control. I sincerely wish I felt more secure about that because I’ve really been enjoying this game.

14 Likes

I think it had been made crystal clear that it is all about the “economy”. I actually expect that the devs make events like gnome weekend more and more scarce, especially after introducing new currencies (e.g., Dragonite).

Kafka had been trying to helplessly defend the devs when they consider giving 50 gems to all players as compensation during the banwave as “economy breaking”. I don’t know how much of the revenue is generated through direct gem sales, but it looks like quite a bit to consider economy-breaking.

50 gems * 8 million players = 400 million gems that they have given away for compensation (I am not going to add 200 gems given to the banned).

In a good vault weekend, an “active” player could easily get 1000 vault and 100 epic vault keys, even if they don’t have a good stash of GaPs. Based on my personal data gathering 1000 vault keys yields 8,500 gems, ignoring all the other goodies, similarly, 100 epic vault keys would mean 2,500 gems. So, that is about 10,000 gems (simplified to keep the math easy) for an active player.

Their “loss”, just for active players, over the vault weekend will be:
8 million * 0.37% (assuming banned people were more or less in the active category) * 10,000 = ~300 million gems!

That’s as almost economy-breaking as their laughable compensation.

And again, none of this Math contains other resources you would get during the vault event e.g., all the extra Dragonite (which is the premium currency right now), keys, tarot cards, etc.

Another aspect of this, I strongly believe is that they are trying to “force” completionists to “buy” tarot cards through campaign passes. That’s constant revenue for them that they are trying to increase. Right now, it takes about hundreds of vault keys to get the new tarot from the vault. If they don’t provide any gnome weekend between releases of tarot keys, it is very unlikely that people not paying for campaign passes will be able to get them through the vault.

4 Likes

We have very different definitions of the word “active” :sweat_smile: I play just about every day for a couple hours and I consider getting a few dozen VKs on a vault weekend to be a success.

I don’t know how much time it would take to get a thousand VKs in a weekend, but that is by no means a baseline or standard to judge by.

14 Likes

Approx. 12 hours per day. For a special “weekend” I consider that active.

Sorry but if you are playing E2 during gnome weekend, you are not doing it right, sorry. Gnome weekend is all about optimizing vault keys, and the best way to do it is to do E1 explore.

4 Likes

I did not take a good percentage of the player base in my calculations. I based on their ban rate, which was 0.37%, which again, according to them, is a very small percent.

The next vault isn’t suposed to be in the end of kingdom pass since is “extra” so when should we have another vault event then? I also go for 1000 vault keys in the vault event.

this is what i am doing to grind verses this time. i only have 4 classes left and they are all at 70 so i hope i can max onw of them over the weekend

You can do that, but considering the frequency of gnome weekends, Rowanne with class XP is not the right way to optimize it. Just saying.

2 Likes

my verses:123, 96, 27, 101 in number order.

Don’t forget +1 of each Verse for every GAP you’ve crafted. Or you can use this as a reference point for future data collection, but right now it’s just partial numbers.

(By coincidence, I also have a shortage of Verse 3 myself: 6-3-0-8)

and before you ask, no I haven't tracked my GAPs either

Yes, I know. It’s perfectly reasonable to observe that basically every source of a Gnome Verse is RNG (actual Gnome encounter, Daily Offer, etc) for which specific verse, therefore the # of each verse over time should average out. But if you plot your Verses as a bar chart, every GAP you craft is effectively chopping the zero mark off that chart, distorting the true variance in Verses received.)

2 Likes

I don’t know if it make any difference, probably not, but when I farm in Zaejin give good results for verse 3.

What is your Rowanne team if you don’t mind?

That could be an interesting large-scale data collection experiment … though it would obviously take a while given the average Gnome spawn rate.

Thanks. I’ll try that as I am behind on my classes too and have been spamming Casual PVP and need to change things up before I go crazy lol

ingame blessed me with the 3day gnome vault offer.

someone of the surfsquad (allegedly!) forgot to change the offer when switching out the vault event and replacing it with arena.

19 Likes

This weekend offer says otherwise :rofl:

29 Likes

I was about to post that.

Aren’t you ashamed of yourselves by now? Not even a tiny bit?

22 Likes

Vault event that was never ever planned - allegedly.

14 Likes