Information about bans

You might be onto something here, it’s the best guess so far! Also explains the randomness of bans as that poor soul was most likely trying to send a message by using the first letters of each banned gamertag… Now we just need a list of all the banned people so we can crack the code and go save him/her.

1 Like

Sorry, but this is NOT what is being communicated to us. Referring to this post from March:

Specific quotes from the post:

From my limited experience and what I heard, this is NOT the case. All that happens about bans is that they might lift the ban, but I have never experienced any DETAILS to be shared with the banned person.

And this is clearly INCORRECT.

6 Likes

I was one of the banned players been playing for 5 years
Got to level 2041 VIP 10 banned me for hacking treasure maps.i have that many treasure maps i did not need anymore. Got unbanned but damage is done for me

6 Likes

Agreed, not only that but us guys in the guilds who had banned pkayers had all their weekly event points taken away, we the unbanned players have had to spend more gems on tiers to reach the end rewards, not fair to everyone who plays GoW honestly.

3 Likes

Hi folks, I’ve updated this article here with the work that we did today regarding these issues:

That is: We’ve corrected Guild Trophies, Campaign Stars and Holiday Event scores completely on all platforms except Playstation who only got a small partial roll out today and requires further work.

Please bear with me while we continue to solve things for Playstation.

If you’re on one of the other platforms and are directly affected by this issue and you notice something we’ve missed on your account - please let me know so I can make sure the team are aware.

Compensation will still be worked out after we’ve solved the whole issue - so not yet.

10 Likes

This has now also been rolled out for Playstation.

6 Likes

In this thread some valid questions were raised.
Maybe re-read it, you seem to have missed answering many of them in your incredibly terrific article.

7 Likes

What about Kris? As much as is known his spell actually wasn’t causing the issue, when will it get switched back to granting two treasure maps again?

11 Likes

:point_up:

This right here, this, this and this. Pointing my fingers at this. This was the 1st troop I actually felt excited about in a long time can’t remember the other time.

Some might not give a hoot, but this troop right here has a lot of potential in my book. I see it opening the gateway for a whole lot of “combination goodies,” paired up with other troops.

Label me foolish or whatever but I see it. Hope they keep his spell.

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

It’s fun pairing him (with his original spell) and Johnny.

I hope they will work it out soon, but I guess that will not be until the full crew is back next week.

3 Likes

When will the correct trophy numbers be restored? Stars and ice crystals seem to be correct, but there’s still trophies missing for several guilds?!

1 Like

For us, the removed trophies (as part of the penalty for the bans last week) are added to this week’s trophies (for the guild total). Is this not the case for you? If so, I would reply to the ticket.

1 Like

Most of them were. But several guilds are still missing out on some. Numbers don’t add up even with several people which haven’t been able to play as usual.

1 Like

Just popping in to let you all know I’ve given you as much information as I have here, in the known issue article and in my support replies for now.

We will post another update sometime next week.

9 Likes

Nothing, we’re still early in the week I guess. :thinking:

:smiley::popcorn:

5 Likes

I’m sure they’ve got ‘better things to do’.

‘ugh, annoying players, can’t they just forget about it?!’

:surfing_man: :clown_face:

9 Likes

Not gonna let this one blow over. They were caught red handed lying this time.

4 Likes

not the first time, though.
also not the first time being caught lying has been down-played or straight up ignored. :wink:
by now they’re pretty good at ignoring certain topics. they just don’t care.

caring would mean to realise that they majorly efd’up.
then to act quickly on it and on promised statements.
but sure, we’re still quite in the “sometime next week (we don’t really care…)” time-frame.

:surfing_man: :clown_face:

5 Likes

Wasn’t the claim that most of the developer staff was out of the office until January 3rd? And therefore they just got back a couple of hours ago?

I know people want this resolved, but maybe a wee little bit of patience for people who came back from the holidays to be greeted with this? Wouldn’t it be better to give them a moment to breathe and get this done right instead of clubbing them to fix it quick and having a new batch of problems arise as a result?

1 Like

I don’t think is the case of getting things done quickly, is more like thinking that nothing will be done about it. Just give a read in the roadmap post of what they say to us and check the posts about people playing GW in the bugged mobile. It feels like a sinking boat, this game right now.

3 Likes