Inconsistant moderators: Discuss

Thats a fair assessment.

The moment you get called out by a mod, means you have done something that is not in line with forum or community regulations. Are they inconsistent? Maybe. Does it matter? Not really. See, if everyone just acts civilised, the mods wouldn’t even be necessary. Why force their hand?

Also, “don’t be a jerk” is not the same as calling you an actual jerk. It means that your behaviour can be interpreted as being a jerk, and it’s a fair warning to change your behaviour accordingly if you don’t want to be a jerk.

1 Like

This is semantics. There may be a subtle difference in theory, but in practice the difference is neglegable. A mod telling a new member to not be a jerk is very poor tactics and will only lead to more conflict. The role of a mod is to deescalate conflict and name calling only does the opposite.

Calling someone “honey” or “sweetie” is condescending.
You think you are being disrespected as you have indicated you are female. Yet you use condesscending terms to address adults you do not know. Contradictory.
This thread is going nowwhere, you are just trolling for attention. My last reply as this does not deserve my time

This couldn’t be further from the truth. If you continue to read the progression of the thread you will see that i have accepted respomsibility for that already. So why take further issue with that?

As you see here i make a point to correct my use of the term. Not good enough for you? So who needs attention?

It really matters, though. I tell my kids “stop acting like a brat” all the time, which is distinctly different than “stop being bratty”. I can follow the first up with “…because I know you’re not one, so stop acting the way one would”, and that doesn’t work with the second.

I get that but you missed the part where i said

And that is my point. Not the semantics.

Where are the mods now that i need one?

@Kafka
@Cyrup
@Lyya

Yes where are you when we need you guys?
This thread has been nothing but toxic so may i kindly request it’s locked down?

Thank you

What’s toxic? Its a discussion. You don’t have to take part in it.

Yes @Kafka @Cyrup @Lyya before you lock this thread as i’m sure you will, take a look at this. I can provide the full screenshot upon request. Thanks.

From the guidelines.

Where’s the remaining part of that conversation? I’m curious now what “women’s work” is supposed to mean.

The remaining part is unimportant. I didnt stay for an explaination.

There is a chance it was a phone autocorrect making things confusing. There is not a real evidence that it was a sexist talk when explaining guild duties given the context presented.

1 Like

It would be a weird thing for a phone to autocorrect to.

Maybe just a Kate Bush fan? :man_shrugging:

Sorry? I dont get the reference.

That’s indeed what I was trying to get at. Because by looking at it, sure, it seems ‘machismo’, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be depending on the intent or if it was an unfortunate typo/autocorrection.

But it doesn’t makes any sense as the game doesn’t have any activities, inside or outside guilds, that have any parallel to any sexist stereotypes in real life.

It makes sense if the person intended to use “week”, assuming miscommunication from both parts as chat is a bit confusing i can imagine the parts that could be relevant to have some understanding of the situation:

This is an assumption, but without further context it feels more valid than jumping to the conclusion that it was a sexist talk because as i said, there are no relevant activities that could be considered “women’s work” in the game since they have no parallel in the real world.