Inconsistant moderators: Discuss

I see. This is adorable. I made peace long ago with the fact the gaming is a “man’s world”. I guess this is just one more manifestation of it. I guess i will just drop it then since there are no mods around to make a ruling on it anyway. It’s just funny how quickly mods react when its the new girl calling someone sweetie, but now they seem to be on vacation.

I don’t even know if the person who’s saying it is male or female. Heck, I don’t even know if you are female. I try to refrain from concluding anything until I see rock solid proof, and that screenshot is only a fraction of the conversation.
Anyway, the work day has only just started in Australia (if it even has already, depends on the office I suppose). EDIT: in fact, it’s Saturday over there. Probably no one will be working until Monday.

Haven’t i said i was female? What kind of “rock solid” proof do you need of that? And why does it even matter? A sexist remark is a sexist remark no matter who it’s said to.

This is a good point that i hadn’t thought of. I apologize for my lack of patience in that regard and i take back my complaint that the mods weren’t here.

Hey Mika, if you would like to report a player for something you have seen in the in-game chat, please contact our support team here or reach out to Kafka, Salty, or myself on the forums. If you could please send through any screenshots of the conversation for that time, or provide the time the conversation occurred (or as close to it as possible).

I will do that @Cyrup thanks.

1 Like

I don’t need rock solid proof of you being female or not, cause I don’t care. But that doesn’t go for calling someone sexist while showcasing only half the story as proof, as I’d like to not assume the worst right away. Anyway, it’s with Cyrup now.

I’m not saying the person is sexist, only that they made a sexist remark. As for proof, i provided a screenshot which clearly shows the remark in question. There is no context that can make it less sexist.

Thing is that there is literally not a single thing I can think of a player can do with a kingdom that would qualify as anything related to any ‘stereotype’ of women’s work that would actually make it sexist. So while I agree that it looks suspicious, I’d choose the benefit of the doubt here until I’d see what was meant with that. But that’s for Cyrup to figure out now.

Heres the problem as I see it.

Person A is a long time agitator/rule breaker/boundary pusher with many warnings and some bans for poor behavior.

Person B is anyone in a large group of categories: new players, unknown older players, older players who have no history of bans or bad behavior.

When Person B runs afoul of the guidelines it stands out. They get nicked for the smallest of infractions. Warnings are quick. Bans are given, posts are deleted. Action is taken!

When Person A runs afoul of the guidelines not much attention is paid.

Let them ramble is the idea maybe? Too tired of stepping in every time this person speaks maybe? Been there done that, at least they didnt say ********* again maybe? Im not sure.

When Person A gets into it with Person B and a mod comes on and decides to take person B to task while allowing Person A to continue to goad and poke and inflame things as per usual, it does make you wonder why this double standard seems to exist.

Always dealing with symptoms and not the underlying problem is the issue, to me at least.

4 Likes

Ok ok. I am ready for this thread to be locked now i suppose. It has certainly outlived its purpose. I probably judged to harshly the mods here based on a single interaction which is exactly what i was bitching that you all have done to me. For that i apologize. I also want to publicly apologize to @Cyrup in particular. I hope that in time you will all get to know me a little and you will see that i’m not all that bad. But for now, i am content to let this topic rest :smile:

2 Likes

Sounds good Mika. And it seems like you have a fire in your belly. If you are still looking for a guild, I’m pretty sure that the Cannibalistic Dragons have a slot open.

I actually found one but thank you for the recommendation :smile:

See the problem i have is that i don’t know any of you. For all i know any of you could be either person A or person B. So i get none of that context.

In this case you are Person B. What the rest of us are should be irrelevant (to any mods) but its not.

A long history of bad behavior gives you much more leeway to misbehave than a person who has none is my opinion.

1 Like

I get what your saying.

Damn. Ah well can’t fault a girl for trying lol

1 Like

Heh, now I feel old. ;p

Closing as per @MikaTheBoss’s request.