I'll be probably in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the raid stuff

The rewards have gone up to 120 gems. Previously it was only 80 gems. if you are having some difficulty getting 750 kills, try casual PVP to cycle and pick fast 1 trophy fights.

I have to say, kudos on the well made pun. :ok_hand::rofl:

1 Like

we already at portal # 9, i don’t need to buy tier :slight_smile:

You, maybe, but some of your guildmates must have, no?

of course some did, i did buy tier 2 and that’s my limit, if they want to do it, it’s their choice i don’t force them

What it’s the best score in your guild? Is there huge deviation in terms of score inside your guild?

Portal 9 on the 1st day… it looks like RB is too easy :stuck_out_tongue: .

only first went crazy lol the 2nd got half of his points

ther is the 6 firsts

1 Like

We are way more casual than your guild RG we are only on portal 7 and our scores are all between 15.5k and 2k for our top 10. I’m pretty sure you guys are in the top 1% and you aren’t spending the gems than I’d say this experiment is a failure as you are the only ones that have it to spend for the most part :thinking:

1 Like

We are portal 7 top, with 10 ppl on 0’s so I hope we can at least get to portal 10 by Sunday.

For me, the optimal Tier seems to be Tier 2 to get the Godslayer troop to take out the Boss. The cost for this is 100 gems. They have however raised the gem reward for the weekly event. Assuming you had previously maxed on your weekly event, your gem usage for the week would increase only marginally if you stop at Tier 2 (20 gems ?). In return, the rewards for the Raid Boss would seem better than than the previous GW so all in all, I see it as a resource gain if you limit yourself to just Tier 2.

2 Likes

First xbox now 95k damages lol
Wonder how it represent in gems but he clearly will be in the red when only getting 700 gems

2 Likes

Some players forget that they give each week around 340 gems to get some stats for GW (so no reward)…

Not my case :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve decided to quit the game. This is a ridiculous way to play the game, so i’ll be floating in now and then til i leave just before the next GW.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I found my first matches in Raid to be incredibly boring. Enemies with virtually no Health/Armor points, and very little in rewards… Add to that the fact that “progress” toward earning Seals/Trophies is not being made with Raid battles, so the time that I spend in Raid is not doing anything toward fulfilling my basic weekly responsibilities to my Guild…

I just don’t get it. -EG

9 Likes

While I did like your comment and mostly agree with it, I did buy Tier 3. I thought the weapon was nifty and I could “justify” a weapon for that price. Tier 4 and up though? No way I’m buying those, unless gems start raining from the sky, like in the old days.

3 Likes

That basically sums up my opinion too in 2 sentences. Putting the cost/reward issue aside, if it was fun then I might be inclined to invest some of my hard earned gems. It’s just play the same boss over, and over, and over again, no thanks. At least in PVP it may be repetitive but at least there is a variation in tactics depending on your opposition, and you can switch up you own team for a change. Raid boss is just constant rinse and repeat.

3 Likes

While you make a great point, it made me think of something: the newbies. The people that came into this game when Raid Bosses started and no nothing of things like GW.

Honestly, if I came into this game, and the first thing I saw was this Pay to Win set up on Raids, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth about the whole game. I probably would think “Well, if raids are like this, Guild Wars, Invasions, and other game modes probably are too. I’m out.”

Maybe that’s just me, my thought process, but I still think it is a valid point.

6 Likes

That’s true, and you’re correct - it’s the idea that choosing not to buy these extra tiers now sets you behind. It doesn’t feel as fair or as balanced as GW in terms of investing resources based on your level and amount of disposable income as a guild/player.

This feels a little more like everyone has been lumped in together, and the player-base will automatically stratify based on level and resources before the week even starts.

Tacet also made a good point in his video recently - if the spawn rate of the raven is truely random, then there is a huge rng component when it comes to numbers of battles that are available to players. Granted, you can also argue that GW has/had a large slice of rng, so perhaps this is a moot point.

2 Likes

Very true! And as I warned the devs above…

Be careful devs! You may have unintentionally gone too far… :man_shrugging:

1 Like