Ignored support request from december 19th

My thoughts:

You submitted a support ticket very close to one of the year’s biggest holidays, and the time of year when most employees who have limited vacation have to “use 'em or lose 'em”. Consequently your target audience (support) is going to be understaffed and likely fielding more tickets than usual.

When you waited for a while and asked for a status update, they told you to resubmit to make sure they saw it. You ignored that request and came here to complain.

I think you’ll get the fastest resolution if you resubmit, and I think “refusal” is a harsh word. It seems like sometimes tickets just disappear. I haven’t submitted one in a while but I’ll bet there’s some extra confirmation step many people think means “finished” but is actually “wait, one more thing”.

I see you posted there, but maybe try a little tact. You’re asking someone to help you. “Hey, Kafka, my ticket’s been in queue a long time too, can you check on it?” Is more Holiday Spirit than “You’ve been ignoring my ticket too, I know for sure I submitted it but I also don’t have the ticket number to prove it.”

3 Likes