I don’t know if we are the fastest guild to ever hit 1 Million Trophies at 409 days old. But here’s some fun facts that I do know.
- We’ve never had a member banned from the game for cheating.
- I started the guild with little to no idea on how to play Gems of War nor how to manage a guild.
- We started Guild Wars in one of the last place brackets and actually earned our way all the way up to Bracket 1.
- We’ve never had a gold, seals, or trophy requirements. Instead I’ve been always had a special requirement (adjusted over time/experience) that requires people to be as active as their peers in the guild.
- The most important fun fact…ALL CREDIT for the success of AWR goes to the Current and Past members.
I’m just the DB Captain who steers the ship. What makes it one of the best guilds in the game is the amazing crew members. I appreciate all that stayed with me despite my mistakes. And I sincerely apologize to those former members that I had to learn from my mistakes with. Like the rest of Gems of War, there’s not a tutorial on how to be a great GM. 409 days ago I started a guild with no expectation of having others join it. When they started to randomly join (I didn’t Recruit for the first 3 months). I decided that I wanted to play with 29 others just as active as me. I’ve never changed that mentality even to this day. It’s not about the trophies or the legendary tasks. I whore that info out to lure new people to see what’s behind the curtain. Once they do, they quickly realize that the success is secondary. The foremost is the fun they have playing the game and helping each other get better. I fear, that my members don’t take the time to sit down and reflect on all the accomplishments we have succeeded in. Well …we have one more short term goal tomorrow. (40k seals in 24 hours) After that, it’s time to let this all set in. Before we set our sights on the top 25.
TL:DR - I’m a DB, my bad, and my people are amazing, so for them.
PS… This post is 100% self congratulatory in nature. And not meant to put any other guilds down. I’ve only really ever been in one guild. So I’m in no way an expert of other guilds. I just know that my posse is special and that I can be the other kind of “special” some (most) of the time.