If you were a Sirrian, what would you advise your team to improve about Gems of War?

Level 1646
VIP 14

I’m not Sirrian, but this is how I feel about the game.

Adventure Boards: Boring filler content, either I do it or don’t.

Challenges: Boring filler content, I don’t see the need to do them.

Chaos Orbs: Boring filler content and aggravating. Either I’m content with a Blue orb or indifferent and just reminded of boredom. The gambling aspect is worse than knowing what I’m getting from the get-go.

Cheating: not an issue on X1 thankfully

Class Trials: Boring filler content, poorly structured, and poorly priced.

Classes: Good idea done poorly. Will think that way as long as some trees are useless/near useless. Hero Class Revisions

• Mechanist - The Fire Talent Tree has been changed to the Guardian Talent Tree.
  • Oracle - The Stone Talent Tree has been changed to the Wind Talent Tree.
  • Titan - The Wind Talent Tree has been changed to the Storm Talent Tree.

The Mechanist change bugs me, especially since we’ll never get a 50% mana class with the Fire tree now. Would gladly sacrifice the Wind Tree. Likewise, Oracle being downgraded with Wind from Stone.

Deeds: Bad idea done poorly. Scrap it. If I have to give a special spin, I’d say make Deeds purchasable with Souls daily in limited amounts. Time gated, but less obnoxious than the Adventure Board.

Diamonds/Jewels: I think its done poorly. Outside of using Diamonds for Mythics, I can’t think of one feature I really like about Diamonds or Jewels. Yeah, you can craft weapons you’re missing, but I don’t think weapons should be done that way in the first place.

Explore: Fine, Quests: Not sure its in a good place for new players.

Factions: Okay, though rewards are uninspired. Gold per day isn’t very exciting of a long term goal. Ingots per day is actually a nice idea, but not if its the only thing. 3 Delves per day is a poor amount when more new factions keep coming out, but its overshadowed by the fact there’s very little incentive to do them when factions are maxed out. People on both end of the spectrum are screwed.

Faction Assaults: I thought Tuesday one day events are stupid, though it makes it easier to get 1st on the leaderboard for the Orb of Power. Could easily be two (have it run concurrent with Wednesday Pet Rescue) or even three (class events don’t last that long unless going for the top of the leaderboard).

Game Chat: Fine when it works.

Gems Currency: I think its a bit on the low side, but it must be successful as I get nervous for people every week when an event is going. Leaderboard expenditures are going higher and higher.

Gold: Fine, as long as its not expected to be spent on upgrading Faction treasure hoard.

Guild Wars: This mode is slowly falling apart. I liked Guild Wars to get away from slot machine gameplay and these empowered troops have made the experience less enjoyable.

Guilds: They’re too mandatory to play the game and yet it doesn’t feel like there’s much interaction required for a guild environment. Feels like it lacks co-operative gameplay. Tower of Doom isn’t much co-op, just one person scouting and everyone dodging landmines that are supposed to have been helpful in its inception.

Invasions: Boring filler content

Legendary Tasks: Nerfed so many times that its become more boring filler content. I’m not excited by any of the drops in a LT. A mythic is nice, but how often does that come up? Most mythics aren’t worth batting an eye at.

Mailbox: At least its been updated a few times, but its something that should never have been able to go over 100 pieces of mail in a few days during the holiday. The fact that you can’t “hold” mail or prioritize certain mail is silly. The guild mate I had that didn’t receive his GW rewards because his mailbox went over 100 during Christmas quit the game. Well done.

Monetization: Overpriced

Notifications: seems less stable than before

Overall Difficulty: artificial. Nothing is in the sweet spot. Its either ridiculously imbalanced (Pure Faction teams) or too easy (everything else with potions)

Pets: Good idea done poorly. In 3-5 years, I hate to be the one trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Pet Rescues: Length of time: I think you start it and are actively playing it, you should be allowed to finish it. Cosmetic pets shouldn’t exist, there’s too many arbitrary bonuses that it could be doing, like giving 1 extra gold per battle. Pet targetting is something that needs to be explored sooner rather than later.

PvP: Filler content. Would say boring, but what else could be played in the game? I feel like PvP could be tied back into a Guild Activity, like clearing x amount of battles as a guild unlocks a reward for the guild for conquering an area, like temporary gold gain bonus, or extra xp bonus etc.

PvP/Guild Wars Defense: Sliders were a good idea done poorly. Needed some text stating the purpose of the sliders, which was never actually provided. Don’t care if Sliders don’t come back, but a proper place to actually test defenses is needed.

RNG: The RNG in this game is busted. I’m sure someone will fight me on this stating probability. I don’t care enough about it.

Quality Assurance: where?

Servers: Its usually fine

Souls/Glory: We just need less currency in general. They’re making this game way overcomplicated for no good reason.

Soulforge: see Diamonds/Jewels

Tower of Doom: Boring Filler Content. Rewards don’t justify the content.

Traitstones: Somehow, fine.

Treasure Maps: This wouldn’t be an issue if Treasure Maps weren’t so pointless. Maybe if you could actually use them else where? Use them as Daily Delve tokens, for one.

Troops: most of them are balanced, but its the ones that aren’t that stand out more.

Tutorials: Despite Luther showing up every 5 minutes, I don’t think the game actually teaches all that well. Yeah, you can look up a game guide off the game, but then it breaks immersion.

VIP Bonuses: Really outdated, could use more.

Weapons: most of them are balanced, but its the ones that aren’t that stand out more.

This game is really far from what I signed up for when I first started. I ask myself daily why do I still play Gems of War? My favorite part of the game in the past was using new troops and trying to make creative teams, but even that’s gone.

I guess I’m just waiting to be wowed. I am impressed by things, but in the wrong direction.

6 Likes