Idea: vary Events by player / incentivise defences

Yeah repeated views that 4 unique troops would be a pain: suggest reward for 3 unique troops of right type, and better reward for 4. I’d like to think that 4 uniques would be the end solution, when there are many more troops in the game, but concede for now it would create too many utterly cack teams.[quote=“htismaqe, post:12, topic:24334”]
The only thing I would say is that the defense-based incentives would HAVE to be significant.
[/quote]

Agree, devs would need to do the math.[quote=“Strat, post:9, topic:24334”]
I don’t like you the complete lack synergy in your events, you have 2 kingdoms at the same time
[/quote]

Well that was a first draft. It could equally mix up the +% bonuses into troop types, or even colours, or the prizes based on kingdoms, not types, and so on. Personally I’d rather not see any +50% appearing, as these lead to the broken ScaleGuard style situations.[quote=“Strat, post:9, topic:24334”]
Awful idea
[/quote]

Don’t hold back, now.[quote=“htismaqe, post:16, topic:24334”]
I care about seeing more than 1% of the total troops in this game.
[/quote]

This being my main driver…[quote=“mitamata, post:18, topic:24334”]
I don’t think it’s practical. It means a whole lot more work for the devs, having to come up with 5 different
[/quote]

I don’t buy that. They need to come up with a set of say five events to run that week across the five groups, then next week simply rotate them, and so on for a five week spell. Then repeat. I could do that in 10 minutes in a spreadsheet.[quote=“mitamata, post:18, topic:24334”]
somewhat balanced event groups each week
[/quote]

They don’t need to be hugely balanced, and I am unbothered by the whinge prospect ‘he got daemons, I got naga’; it rotates around so everyone gets the same events in the end.

@Annaerith @Strat thanks for the suggestions just above but to me they feel far more complex, less practical and less elegant than what I had in mind.

2 Likes

dont you realise your ‘elegant’ solution leads to very limited team compositions?
if team must take only one type of units, there is only “this many” of that type of troops that can work together.

thats why i believe adding second type as a requirement is rather necessary