I would like clarification on GW rumour

I have just heard from a guild member that there is a rumor on the PlayStation platforn the Guild Wars will not be brought back.

Personally i do not see this happening but with this game latley who knows.

It has been pushed back again though

This is the first time Iā€™ve heard this rumour. It will be the last nail for them if they cancel GW definitely, since itā€™s one of the mais atractions of the game.
Yes, itā€™s been continuosly postponed since they are having a really hard time to be satisfied with the new PVP system and the impact it could (and will) cause on GW. It would be worse if they decided to release with issues they canā€™t predict.

I would think it would be better if they isolate PVP completely from GW and let each game mode on its own.

3 Likes

I am confused about Guild Wars. Is it happening in three days like the count down is saying, or is it delayed and we are still getting the countdown. I play on Playstation 4. Thanks for any clarification.

Itā€™s not supposed to happen. Itā€™s supended until further notice until they figure it out what is oing on with GW and the new PVP system. They are changing manually (it seems) the date for farther away because the system needs a date to function properly (go figure). There is a post explaining this, but it will take some work to dig it out.

1 Like

Thanks for your response! I know I read the post you are referring to, but subsequent posts and my inability to find that post led to my confusion. Thanks!

2 Likes

No it isnā€™t. Some people may consider GW to be one of the main attractions of the game but a lot of people really hate it. There is a reason so many GW optional guilds exist.

7 Likes

At least one of our guilds would die completely.

The post also said ā€œone ofā€, not the only. And while I donā€™t think it would kill the whole game it would certainly kill some guilds and make people quit.

There are GWs optional guilds and that is great. But right now it sucks for many GWs mandatory guilds whose players are only still playing for GWs and only stick around in hopes it will come back.

It will continue to be canceled til the issue are fixed. Rightfully so.

1 Like

My advice would be not to believe any ā€˜rumoursā€™ you hear in global chat/other places, unless that person can provide some kind of evidence to support whatever they claim as a fact.

There are a lot of people in global chat especially who do not check any official/credible sources of information and pass on misinformation to others regularly.

8 Likes

If we would want to speculate. GW most likely will return in the current Pvp style. Battle other guilds in kingdoms that have color or troop restrictions. Also, on defense side we will probably see some restrictions added.
And then there is that annoying alliance PvP button already visible in current pvp mode. Perhaps the entry point to GW renewed

With the old pvp you could set a defence they took that away so pvp is pointless now im guessing this contributed to gws breaking as you need to set a defence plus your Gws wins added to your pvp wins so im guessing that contributed to Gws breaking also pvp has become another micro purchase opportunity for them let me guess Gws makes no for them , if they dont return Gws to an already dying game 1000s will leave because the rest of the game my blind cat could play Gws is the only thing that requires any skill good work Devs on ruining a decent little game

5 Likes

Canā€™t stand guild wars. Donā€™t see the appeal.

Iā€™d like a different aspect to guild battles.

Like a 1v1 guild battle that lasts a week or a league like pvp with letā€™s say who gets the most trophies in the league gets the higher prize.

1 Like

The rumours arenā€™t true, more info coming soon!

5 Likes

Yeah. As soon as the Devs figure how to get money out of them.

People actually do work their schedules around playing wars with their guilds. Cancelling at the last hour is a dick move.

Exactly. And Iā€™m one of them. So happy I left my guild months agoā€¦ Iā€™ve only played it once since then. I couldnā€™t deal with the feeling obligated to play. I do kinda miss certain games you have to be in a guild to playā€”NOT guild wars though.
Does anyone know of a guild where thereā€™s absolutely no requirements, and nothing is mandatory? That way you can do guild events for fun if you chooseā€”but no pressure ā€¦and if you donā€™t show up too often thereā€™s no penalty. In other wordsā€¦ every single thing a guild offers, but total freedom to choose what you want to do and how often. (maybe I should start it myself.) :thinking: This was in response to 3476582ā€™s post.

1 Like

I may need an updated invite code, since this is what I get when using the one in your forum profile.
:sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:

Long time ago. Mine is different now. I use my PSN name (Playstation).

1 Like

We have one like that (on mobile) but I think itā€™s mostly dead. But if you donā€™t expect much there are those.

If youā€™re referring to PSN?

That sounds an awful lot like the guild I was in up to about a year-and-a-half ago. I donā€™t know if/how theyā€™ve changed what passes for their rules since I departed, but I could give you the PSN of the guild leader if you wanted to reach out to him.

Looking at the guild rankings over at Taransworld, they do still seem to have some level of activity and ranking. So I donā€™t believe theyā€™re dead.