I need a strategy with Death

I’ve started putting Death on my favorite team recently, and forgot how fun he actually can be. (Irony?)

I know there are some team-building fiends here. I need suggestions on the “best” Death team.

1 Like

Gorgotha - Creeping Death w/ Sorcerer Class - Giant Spider - Death, +2 blue banner.

2 Likes

Thought I had creeping death but I don’t. Do you have to buy it?

Or what quest-line is it from? I’ve barely done any quests. Apologies.

http://ashtender.com/gems/weapons/creeping-death

Class Weapon Reward (Necromancer)

3 Likes

I also like

Gorghota
Famine
Death
Plague

1 Like

Ok now i’m embarrassed. I’m a lvl 540 and should know that. lol.

Also @Rickygervais I don’t have Famine or Plague. :sweat:

1 Like

Sand Shark*** (for Doom), HellCat (let’s do some Red gems + damage), Giant Spider* (let’s do some Purple gems), Death, Banner +1Y,+1G
Or
Death** (with Doom), HellCat (let’s do some Red gems + damage), Giant Spider* (let’s do some Purple gems), Forest Guardian*** (faster start), Banner +1Y,+1G → if you loose Death, it’s the end…

1 Like

Try this, HK:
Gorgotha
Green slime
Kraken
Death
Frozen banner

So much instakill and it’s fun to play.

5 Likes

I can do that one! lol

Thanks ZK, will gladly try that one out.

emperor khorvash
valkyrie
death
death
dragon banner

soul cap : 80

3 Likes

Giant Spider
Sacrifice
Death
Someone for Sacrifice to kill.

My strategy is to not use it…

1 Like

Same… fun in theory, unreliable and often slow in practice…

1 Like

Yeah contrary to belief around the forums, he actually doesn’t proc that often for me. Usually takes between 2-3 casts to get a kill, but when it happens it sure is fun.

1 Like

I use the same setup except with a Kraken or Spirit Fox in 4th slot to grab greens. Kraken is a fun one what with the AoE ping dmg, chance to devour and procs more blue for Kor and Death.

Overall, Death Mark has a frontloaded ~30% chance of activating before it expires, if it isn’t cleansed by a spell’s effect. Assuming all four enemies are alive and affected by Death Mark (not Warded or Impervious), there is an approximate 1 in 3 chance of something dying each turn.

I like the EK - Valk - Death - Death team. 4 life drain each round, plus Khorvash’s true damage, cuts through the defensive line pretty well. Skulls unnecessary.

3 Likes

I tried that team out and still trying to work with it.

I tried ZooKeeper’s suggestion too, and that team is a load of fun.

Zookeeper’s suggestion is solid. You can also try Dragon Soul instead of Slime, it provides great loop and board control + maxed out souls almost every game.

1 Like

Ragnagord-Dragon Soul - Death - Acolyte, abyssal banner. Although Death is not the main show here. Good soul farm team too.

1 Like

Just switched out slime for Dragon Soul, wow what a change. Great suggestion, thank you.