I hate Frozen. I hate Frozen. I hate Frozen

if they are 4 mono yellows and only 1 is frozen though?

Depending on the frozen position, frozen will not stop a match 4 but then again it is bugged so it might still work properly.

I’ve not seen Frozen ever grant a free turn when the troop colors are 4-matched. You can sometimes still get a free turn, but only if something else 4-matches alongside it (or before or after).

5 Likes

As I understand it, you’re supposed to lose your extra turn if a frozen color match-4s, or if the leader is frozen and there is a skull 4-match, >regardless< of what other matches occur on the same turn. A frozen dual-color troop freezes both colors. It >usually< works this way, but I have seen numerous occasions where it seems like I should lose my turn but don’t, and times when I think I should keep my turn but lose it anyway. It’s definitely bugged somehow.

I can’t speak for AI behavior when its troops are frozen, since I rarely play with that trait on my side.

1 Like

i don’t think it is supposed to work like that. The in game description of the status says it stops extra turns from skills and mana of that troop

1 Like

If it stops mana of that troop then what is the best interpretation of it?

if a yellow troop is frozen, yellow 4±matches do not generate extra turns. If you match 4 reds in the same turn you still get the extra turn for those.

1 Like

If the troop is say goblin shaman well guess what green is not frozen even if shaman makes green mana as long as it is a green 4 match and not the extra turn from the spell.

sure.
but what’s your point!?

Wasn’t how @sirrian explained it as if a troop is frozen then the colors it has and creates would prevent an extra turn?

I don’t remember seeing it explained like that.
Maybe it was, but when the status was revealed (the ‘revisited’ version) it was:

which seems to be the way it is working now.

1 Like

This should including making 4 matches with mana from goblin shaman or any other gem makers though from what i understood.

From experience, if Green Seer is your only troop frozen you will still get an extra turn when you match 4+ of a kind green from its spell cause only purple/yellow will prevent extra turns (Seer’s colors) also is Seer is your first troop 4+ of a kind skull matches will not give extra turns.

You can match a 4+ of a kind purple and 4+ Of a kind blue at the same time (or the blue can cascade) and you’ll still get an extra turn because frozen doesn’t stop all extra turns earned on a turn just the gems of a color so the 4+ of a kind blues gives an extra turn that can’t b stopped (unless a blue troop is also frozen)

On Consoles, when the front Troop is Frozen and gets muliple Skull matches (or a single 5-match, which counts as 2 hits) it still lets you have an Extra Turn.

@Mr.Strange
@Nex

I think that only applies to the “extra turn” spell.

From the description though, Green Seer should lose the turn because the match(es) came from her Spell.

Goblin Shaman’s spell creates green gems. Thereafter, what happens on the board is not considered part of his spell but rather the board “resettling.” A frozen Goblin Shaman will:

• Prevent the controller from getting extra turns as a direct result of his spell (when no green 4-matches are made);
  • Prevent the controller from getting extra turns as a result of brown or purple 4- or 5-matches.

It will not prevent the controller from getting extra turns as a result of green 4- or 5-matches, as they are an incidental side effect of his spell.

4 Likes

The spell thing is when the spell text says Gain an extra turn creating colors that arnt in its spell cost don’t count

Well that’s a relief. Frozen isn’t a full-on Extra Turn preventer

2 Likes

I Love Frozen. I Love Frozen. I Love Frozen.

Sorry couldn’t resist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes