I conducted a scientific study on the state of current endgame meta

It’s just another game mechanic that incentivizes a certain behavior, namely fighting as many invades as you can, as quickly as possible. Personally, I think that is the real problem but I’m not sure I have any idea how to fix it.

2 Likes

The only issue is that the quick match meta is being threatened and that the teams over 90% of players use can’t counter it.

Take a hint people. The development team clearly doesn’t want you winning 98% of the time and finishing every battle in under two minutes. All while using the same 10-20 Troops.

This is a strategy game, learn to build counter-teams. There are over 200 Troops, learn to use variety. Most importantly, it’s a game, learn to take a loss once in a while.

4 Likes

Indeed. But why do so many guilds care about trophies? They do not benefit in any way except on leader boards - which essentially ranks who plays the most. Just surprised it appeals to so many (im a member of a guild with a trophy requirement too)

1 Like

It’s the basic nature of Guilds. There has to be a way to rank people so, that the ones who require it, they can have a sense of accomplishment.

Leaderboards have existed as long as videogames have

1 Like

As someone that helps with recruitment in a top 10 guild, I can say that rank does help with recruiting other players that make great gold donations. Because, if someone is doing 300 trophies, they have far more gold available than the person doing 50 trophies. So, that’s been my experience of the practical aspect.

Beyond that, some people do care about rank just because they are competitive.

Yes but the leaderboard in this game doesnt necessarily mean anything.

Its not like your top score in Ikaruga or level on Streetfighter. In GoW it doesnt matter if your 1st or 1,000th once you get resources

1 Like

I agree.

They should implement a Guild Wars/Battles/Raids mode. It’ll open a whole new Pandora’s Box of issues that will be a nice distraction to the “bitchin’ about every new Troop” meta

3 Likes

No doubt trophies and gold are fairly proportional but if I was looking for a guild all id care about is what the gold requirements were. If I was recruiting id only state a gold minimum

Sounds good. Other guilds being able to attack and steal your trophies is one way of making them mean more. At the moment its just a measurement of time

[quote=“Robert, post:109, topic:11469, full:true”]If I was recruiting id only state a gold minimum
[/quote]

4 Likes

What if the small update we got was so that they could impliment them and are debugging the update right now.

I seriously doubt Console would get a Game Mode before PC.

Sorry that was a miscommunication as i believe i was unclear. Let me rephrase it this way, What if the small update that brought explore to pc/mobile was so that it would give the pc/mobile devs more time to work on the new guild features that are forthcoming and that all the stuff that has been requested many times over is in that massive guild update?

1 Like

Right. That’s what you look for. But, there are others that look for both requirements. You see no value in the leaderboard. But, there are others that do.

The great thing is that there are so many guilds that a player can find a guild that sees requirements and the leaderboard the same way they do. So, it’s all good.

1 Like

Ask the development team :wink:

1 Like

The problem is really that guilds provide two things: resources and prestige.

When one reaches a certain point in the game, resources become much less scarce and therefore lose considerable demand.

Which shifts players towards the prestige angle, causing them to seek out high-achievement guilds.

Those guilds return massive amounts of resources, reinforcing the cycle and continuing to encourage the min/max behavior.

2 Likes

And remember when all they complained about was Goblin teams, ah the memories

1 Like

2 Likes

This is definitely the case. But I think there are countless ways to incentivize different ways of play.
The task system on consoles for example is a step in that direction, but from what i have seen i dont like it very much. I’d much rather have a set of amall ‘sidequests’ every battle instead of ‘daily chores’. Like… pull 3 random quests from a list to complete in the next battle: Generate more than 100 brown mana → 5 glory. Kill at least one undamaged enemy with a skull attack in one hit → 500 gold. End the battle with only one of your troops alive → 3 gold keys. Finish all three quests: 1 glory key. Something like that.
Another way would be to implement more direct ways of resource generation while actually playing. First of all remove the outdated gold cap. Add a chance to generate something to more skills. And maybe new ways to generate a small bonus. Scale the rewards based on the number of turns made. Based on the amount of damage dealt and healing done. Based on the stats of your surviving troops.

The obvious problem is to balance it. And the real min maxers would still find the most efficient grind and then complain about it getting stale (bring back the weekly bonus events please!)…

2 Likes