I can't play the game without getting a headache now

@Lyya Yeah besides implementing a QA plan, and starting a real beta program. THIS is something they need to figure out. Other small developers are getting more frequent updates trough in a fraction of the time. Larger developers are updating on a weekly basis at exactly the same time a day across 3 different ecosystems for weeks in a row! I posted a link detailing the process over a month ago, and its not as egregious as your indicating.

I played much, much less than my usual yesterday, and told myself I was just imagining the strange tingle in the back of my head.

Until I woke up with a migraine.

Please, please fix this. I love this game. I play constantly. But it looks like I won’t be able to any more.

2 Likes

Hello, I created a forum account just to attribute another voice.

This has been a beloved game for a long time, this game update feels pretty cheesy and now is also giving me headaches after just a few battles.

I’m pretty used to game updates in all the games I’ve played…but this feels like a downgrade in quality.

Please have an option to at least go back to the old ui, thanks! (Hopefully that will make everyone somewhat happy since some like the new ui.)

2 Likes

Add me to the list. I like to sit and play this game to relax but within 10 minutes now my eyes hurt and feel the strain and after a few more minutes I start getting a headache. How can you roll something out this different without user testing it?? Has there been any talk of addressing these issues?

The dev team has indicated that fixes for the most egregious issues (background contrast, text readability over cards) are in the pipeline. There’s been no discussion as to what prompted the changes in the first place; I can only assume they are withholding that information intentionally.

4 Likes

I can’t put it into words what it is, but I also have trouble with the game now. It’s somehow harder for me to grasp things and what’s how happening. Things like my life and stats in general on the board. It was so easy to notice before - out of the corner of my eyes - now it’s so difficult. I’ve to directly look at things. The entire board feels weird, bad weird, kind of off… different. Not just the look, the gaming feels off.

I don’t want to continue with such a weird feeling game experience. Since I don’t expect a reroll to the old UI, I deinstalled the game. For some reason devs are reluctant to return to old UIs. At least that’s my experience from other places that changed for the bad (visibly at first).
Making text easier to read won’t fix it for me, sorry. That’s the least of my problems. But it is an issue nonetheless though.

3 Likes

One more to the list.

I’ve had to leave a top guild as just not worth being physically ill over a game.

1 Like

This is why I won’t be playing.

I used to be able to play Gems for 3 - 4 hours with no problems at all, now I’m having to log out after 40 minutes and not return to the game for at least 4 hours. This new update has taken the game backwards in quality.

1 Like