I can't play the game without getting a headache now

The headaches and eye strains are just your gut reactions, y’all will be good in no time xD

Return background to the game board. All colored gems merge. Play is not comfortable. When you say, that you are not a doctor, its look like a bad joke. Of course we can take a break, long break. If you dont care about players.

3 Likes

its like they downgraded all graphics except glory symbol got upgraded.

1 Like

Trying to concentrate on the board to play is hurting my eyes and by the time I have done an arena run I’m starting to get a headache

3 Likes

My heart hurts. I loved this game but this is unplayable. The high contrast is just too much.

2 Likes

Someone in my guild said that turning the brightness of the screen down while you are playing helps.

3 Likes

Just run 4 princess E and you won’t have to look at the board every long. Just target the enemies troops instead. 4 sec team wipe. Easy gold

dear dev
why don’t you made ant options to keep the older ui?
i can’t play with th new ui :frowning:

3 Likes

I stopped myself before triggering a migraine, but did experience some nausea after not too much playtime with this patch. At this point, I’m blaming it mostly on the text, since it gets worse when I try to read, well, anything that isn’t on a solid color background. I don’t particularly need it to be aesthetically pleasing to me personally (that would be a bonus), but as of now, in terms of readability, it is

Eye Strain Warning

6 Likes

good thing mobile has old UI, I dont dare to close it as if it updates to new one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My way around this was to just play explore and challenges with the Elspeth bug but my game crashed and now I have the broken Elspeth so I can’t play again.

Being told to adjust my monitor’s brightness to be able to play is just infeasible, i play various games on that monitor and i am not changing it for one game to ruin the display of all the others, they changed it to unplayable, unless they change it back i will just stop playing

2 Likes

Turning the blur off helps a little as well.

1 Like

maybe we are targeting the wrong recipient here. is’nt it a problem , that microsoft and sony gave their approval to an app , that is potentially harmful for the customer’s health ? wnen i played my first 1hr session after the update yesterday and it triggered a migraine attack, i thought it was just me, but there’s enough evidence right now, that lots of people are affected. if an app turns out to be harmful like that ,it has to be deleted (temporarily) from the store ! i’m going to submit a ticket at ms-support (i’m on xbox) and see what’s their say .

4 Likes

Do you not see an epilepsy warning every time you boot up your PS4?

My sympathies go out to those who are getting headaches or migraines from the game. But I don’t think asking Sony or MS to pull the game on health grounds is the answer to fixing the problem.

I haven’t personally experiences eyestrain from the new UI. Granted, the longest play session i generally ever have is about 2 hours anyways.

However, I do find the new UI much harder to read the info. The way the cards are layed out, the text, etc… all much harder to read than the old ones.

I understand the devs wanting to update the UX in a sense of “modernising” the game and perhaps bringing in new players with a shiny new interface… but I think this missed the mark. The question will be if they notice that there is a problem and decide to try and rectify it, or attempt to double down since they’ve already invested time and resources into it. I believe the latter would be a mistake.

good guy devs, tank their own game so we can live our lives!

I know some folks may not know that their eye /headaches may be part of the 3d eye motion issue where our brain and our eyes don’t keep up in sync when looking at something and end up with motion sickness.

I’ve already identified the opacity layers (transparency and layering creating the illusion of depth and then a very tiny but noticeable on the Android grid overlay on the board background. Even at 1x the motion of the gems now somehow is exacerbated. Between that and the color blending - I was taking breaks after every two or three matches on the PC last night. The mobile is a bit easier on one aspect, but much harder to read on the other aspect.

If anyone in this list can’t do flying, fast moving or some of the older games like Spiro, Crash Bandicoot, without experiencing the nauseousness, that’s the issue…

1 Like

Same here I can’t make it through my daily GW’s without a headache and sore eyes. Time to take a break until they make changes.

1 Like

Yes, headache inducing- literally. I quit after about 15 minutes with an intense headache. I can’t think of any other game that has caused this in my entire life. This UI change is terrible.

2 Likes