How gems of war is still on the wrong road

Take it this post was made before Kraken and the disintergrator Dragon etc?

(more specifically, when it’s only about ‘attrition by the numbers’ then yeah AI is at a disadvantage, when it’s about a massively op spell like ‘devour’ being spammed by AI in a match, (and with crazy ‘good luck’ to boot…), then pvp just becomes an endeavour in masochism…

LOL!!!

(post must be at least 10 characters long… )

No, they wouldn’t… they’d just have to implement the ideas noted in that new "3 New Ideas’ thread…

make the game what it was supposed to be - you invading -kingdoms-, each with their (relatively speaking) own unique set of troops and ‘meta’.

Mish-mashing the most ‘leet’ troops into a team and somehow ‘rewarding’ players for doing so is not a labor worth doing.

It truly does smack of, what someone mentioned earlier, ‘catering to kids, senior citizens or people of low IQ’ (LOL!!..)

but this game has huge potential in it’s design if they simply tweak it to actually be ‘Kingdom’ battles it would totally change the landscape…

anyways check out the new thread " 3 New Ideas " if you’re wondering what this is about…

cool thanks…

That’s not true at all, the devs can bring about any change they want in a situation like that, they simply have to make it incremental over time.

Let’s say with Khorvash you have that ridiculous double-strike. If you, as a dev, realize ‘okay we need him doing half damage on his second troop’, which makes him far more reasonable, but you know people who have him will be upset. Then what you simply do is lower his second troop damage by something like 10%, incrementally, till you reach your goal of 50%.

Nobody will complain about 10%. So you wait a few months, then make it 20%. (20% less damage). Few more months, 30%, etc.

By the time you get to 50% nobody will have noticed or cared.

A few will remember and say, “hey remember when khorvash did equal damage to both your 2 front troops?..”, but by then nobody will care or think it’s of importance.

You can do that to any unit that doesn’t have an ‘insta-kill’ ability.

which comes back to the point and premise of how ‘insta-kills’ are unaccepable in a game like this, but that’s the topic of another thread…

Hey I didn’t see/realize you replied to me already,

I"m confused did you already read that ‘3 New Ideas’ thread?

Guys, I’m new to the whole forum-ing thing and noticed it might be difficult to track down the thread I kept referring to,

the actual title of it is

" Alright, Here are 3 potentially Awesome ideas that can change the direction of the Game! "

Check it out please post what you think,

I honestly think the game either works towards adapting something like that soon, or ultimately just be a ‘power-creep’ race (with paying for cards) by simply and constantly adding ‘hit more units at once’ and/or “you devour / insta-kill more units” etc at this point.

(pretty much making the game a revolving door for new players with no intention at all for keeping long-term players, perhaps other than the ‘children, senior citizens and those with low IQ’ LOL!!.. hmm…)

@Viridian, please refrain from posting more than three times in a row. You can address multiple players in one reply by tagging them.

6 Likes

I did that on purpose to ‘notify’ the posters, since this is an old thread I wanted to find a way to ‘notify’ the posters, who in turn can get the thread going.

I don’t know how to tag I’ll have to look into that,

You just need to type @ then the name

Actually I’m a bit confused because looking at my last 3 posts they were basically different (tailored to each person).

If someone’s posting after midnight when nobody’s one inevitably they might post ‘3 times in a row’, but as long as they each have a separate purpose I’d be at a loss to think why that would be inappropriate.

I’m taking it you were referring to the constant ‘check out this thread’ post, in which case yeah for sure I’m going to learn how to tag to do posts like that,

thanks

Is that the only way to ‘tag’?

How in the world is a person supposed to tag all the different people when most online forum names are gibberish? (meaning hard to remember, but if you can scroll and see the names it shouldn’t be a problem)

I’ll try it thanks

You should click on their name to see when their last post was 3 of the people you quoted quit the game

2 Likes

Yup when you type @ you will see the most recent person who posted in this thread if the person you want to tag isn’t in the list, you just need to type the first or second letter and you will see the person you want to tag then select his name from the List

1 Like

LOL!!!

wow thanks for pointing that out, will come in useful for this ‘current’ debate I’m having,
lol sec

Hmm if only there was some kind of thread with ideas… maybe 3 or so… that we could check out. :thinking:

12 Likes

Glad you noticed that about for kids, old people and those with low iq’s. At least there is one other intelligent person here unlike that other person above who laughed at it.

1 Like

Lmao! Hahahaha

I didn’t realize I still had notifications on for this forum. Guess it took an attention-seeking over-zealous poster to make me notice. Thanks for resurrecting this long-dead thread to summon me back after being retired and silent for a couple months.

If you re-read the OP, it was not a call for players to make constructive suggestions, but rather to “make them see where theres error”. I had plenty of disagreements with the devs chosen direction, but that doesn’t make them “wrong”. It means that they came to different conclusions and choices than I did as a player.

Ultimately, the devs are going to follow a certain path, regardless of whether the vocal players like it or not. They might make some adjustments based on feedback, but from what I’ve seen the overall direction never really changed. But they have access to far more information than just this forum, and also have business interests to consider. I still stand by my previous comments, that it is their right as developers to make these choices (even contrary to players wishes), and the players get to choose whether to play or not. Personally I decided to leave, since despite numerous public and private conversations, we didn’t see things the same way. But there is a proper way to have those conversations, treating both sides respectfully rather than assuming malice or stupidity by the devs that somehow needs to be corrected. I like to think that even though we clearly disagreed on a lot near the end, I left on good terms with the devs and @Saltypatra, and that we simply chose to disagree. Bluntly, when providing feedback you can be constructive or a jerk, and my comments were addressing the latter.

Anyway, I’ve really missed the forum if not the game. So it was fun to be back, even if it was for a stupid reason and only for one post. Hope all my old friends here are still enjoying themselves and doing well! Now to go disable notifications…

11 Likes

Me reading this: :heart_eyes:

Me reading this: :sob:

Bye… again… @beanie42
:hugs:

3 Likes

Are you implying I’m that crazy over-zealous poster looking for attention?

What universe do we live in? Any idea or what?

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when they try their best to reasonably and logically make a better game, including looking at appropriate threads that were started -before they signed up for the forums-, and tried to spread the word about ideas that certain people that might be interested… ?

Yeah, this thread is titled ‘How gems of war is still on the wrong road’, and months later, it’s still down the same path.

If you got some smart-a-- attitude about someone else that’s trying to make an honest difference (who never ‘attacked’ you in any way), yeah, you pretty much lost the plot already before the discussion begins…

(In case you need it spelled out, – because you’re thinking with your own sense of inflated ego, nothing that anyone else will say or do will ‘matter’ cause to you you already think you’re the ‘best’ and that’s that. )

‘attention-seeking over-zealous’ poster, lol where do people come up with this stuff, lol…

this is about the … lol forum readers can decide the type of ‘retort’ this is… for someone that opened his ‘reply’ with nothing but an inane attack I hope your post gets better than this…

let’s continue on…

Funny, if you read my posts, like the root of what I try to get at, is that there is never any ‘bad’ or ‘good’ decisions per say, but there is ‘bad’ and ‘good’ decisions made based on the -type of audience you are trying to attract and keep in your game-.

I’m sorry you didn’t know, I’m a bit offended you act like you knew why I’m up posting in these forums, and yes I forgive you for not having had the time to read my posts and know…
But now you know! and knowing is half the battle…

Yeah, well now you’re in that ‘free-will vs fate’ zone, I’m not going to engage in that type of discussion since I’d like to think people, as a (united) ‘whole’ , have the power to change the direction of things, in anything they put their mind to.
If the devs decided on a path that’s for mobile and quick-profit, that’s for them to decide, and just as you would ‘flame’ me for trying to voice my opinion, then I too can equally ‘flame’ you as an over-zealous GoW forum attention-seeking ‘thrall’ that will take anything put on him.

Lose the almighty attitude as if you want to defend the game as it is, then start a thread saying something along the lines of, “Why are there so many threads saying GoW have issues! Just be happy with the Game!”

Then you and all the die-hard fanbois can engage in a circular yank regarding how great the game is and dwell in a nice insulated echo-chamber.

It’s getting really tiring to be trying to make an effort and be attacked by people that didn’t seem to make it out of grade school in terms of ego-dynamics.

Start a post attacking something expect to be treated ‘fairly’ in return.

Don’t like people talking about how they think Gems isn’t becoming the game they want to see? Don’t enter their threads.
Don’t like people posting ideas about how the game could be made better? Don’t enter their threads.

This is getting tiresome, it is a lesson in how when a game ‘falls’ what’s left is usually a toxic community (of a few players) that defends it ad-hominim.

I know there’s still decent people here and there, but they are a silent majority who ‘speak’ with likes instead of posting messages, knowing they aren’t the types to engage in the ‘conflict’ this type of stuff seems to instigate.

Question is are there enough of those left to make it worthwhile to even bother changing this game, time will tell. That’s why I’m here, to find that out.

If you have any ignorant inane comments regarding that keep it to yourself, thanks

That’s not seen by many others, changes like insta-kills and op units like ‘mab’ are blatant ‘changes’, in terms of power imbalancing and the direction of the game. (From slow and steady matches to insta-death orgies)

What the heck? Do you have someone else you split replying to forum posts with? Care to read your opening statements in this post you made?

eesh…

So you left the game ‘in the end’, validating that clearly the game was going ‘in the wrong direction’, at least for you, (as well as posters here including myself) but you feel the need to attack a person who tries to bring topics like this up in threads?

Wow I’m really speechless lol, I think you’re now the top person who “I’d like to meet in real life” to discuss with how you put yourself across in your messages.

More passive-aggressive ‘attacks’, So you’re calling someone that made a valid post (‘proved’ since you left the game yourself…) “stupid” and mocking the attempt at the post.

Yeah, leave it up to readers to see where you ‘stand’…

So again folks, to the lucky few reading this, take your lessons,

remember them well !