How are Explore teams generated?

I’ve also been seeing Xerodar everywhere. Last week (grosh nak week) several times in swords edge, this week (forest of thorns) in SE, mist of scales and dragons claw.

Also last week and this week I finally got screenshots in Urskaya of multiple mythics (famine, plague) and mythics I don’t own (plague, queeen aurora)

EDIT: double checked Urskaya story and Queen Aurora appears in Sentinel class unlock and Plague appears in story too. So I guess this is all fine nothing to see here.

the random troop can be any rarity from any kingdom. i noticed it when i was doing explore in zaejin and faced the goblin teams. tho event troops still have higher chance to appear as the random

I just double checked Urskaya story and Aurora shows up in Sentinel class unlock and Plague is in story too. Post edited. So nothing to see here just me being confused again :man_shrugging:

It’s pretty tough to figure out what troops are eligible because questlines can pull in stuff from anywhere. I have a tool somewhere that simulates the encounters to figure out which places have the highest concentration of colors, I’ll have to double-check it looks at all questlines.

Come to think of it, just producing “a list of all possible troop encounters” is probably useful.

Yeah even if it’s “all troops” eligible to pop up sometimes the thing that is odd about Xerodar specifically is I can’t remember ever seeing any other faction troop, from ASE or any faction, in explore anywhere. I realize it’s all RNG/confirmation bias/recall bias but I’ve hit Xerodar 8 -10 times in the last 2 weeks alone and don’t think I’ve ever seen another faction troop at any point recently or previously. Doesn’t “feel” right which of course doesnt mean anything but it’s odd to me

Darkstone week was feb 25th to mar 3rd. It was also vault weekend if i remember correctly. Maybe you saw xerodar more often because you did lots of explores that week and you paid more attention to xerodar since you remembered this thread?

Green golem showed up as the random troop for me in pridelands explore this week

Probabaly :wink: good to know the other factions do show up. Thank you