Hotfix Plans

The stores perform QA on our builds before approving it to go live. We have our game on 7 stores, so it takes a little time for us to get the go ahead to press the release button.

Basically that means that for client fixes, like this hotfix, there is always a gap between when we’ve finished the work and when the update is released.

If it’s a server fix then we can release it as soon as we’ve finished our testing as it doesn’t involve the stores, but for this hotfix, it’s a client fix.

We’ll be working out what we can do regarding compensation once the issues are fixed. We always wait until after the issue is fixed to sort out comp so we can have the entire picture of how the issue affected the player base and how long the issues went on for.

If you would like a refund, please contact the store you made the purchase through. On our end we can only compensate in game, I don’t have the capability to process monetary transactions as we don’t handle the money from your purchase, the store does.

Sorry again.

5 Likes

FWIW, I’m glad no release buttons are being pressed on a Friday :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Well in this case. It would of been a lesser evil than pushing it out during a Tower of Guild Wars Doom Week™. Literally the worst weeks of the year for the 10-20 still really active guilds on each platform.

7 Likes

ask again, any update for 6.6 hotfix plan?

2 Likes

So basically after the Halloween holiday event. The “hotfix” was always planned to release now.

Congratulations devs, now you made me fear Christmas due to the bugs that will most likely be reintroduced during that event.

1 Like

Hey!

Just posting here to let you all know that update 6.6.1 Hotfix has been released on all platforms, with a slight delay on Amazon.

For more information on what has been fixed, we have updated the related Known Issues articles, which can be found here:
Known Issues

Nintendo Switch will receive the 6.6.1 Hotfix update at a later date.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

2 Likes

After Hotfix

7 Likes

:rofl: I assume you also got Lucky maxed already?

And I haven’t even noticed the Viking Armor at the first look.

1 Like

so, these are the new AI offers they told us in patch 6.5?
i am impressed :joy:

2 Likes

Lucky the weapon. nice!

1 Like

Fun fact - sometimes when the map “flashes red” this is no mere flash but it can actually STAY that way indefinitely (i.e. until after the next battle when it reloads the map afresh):

Yes, I know this is late to the posting party (because Switch).

After the Hotfix, my offer is just this. :cold_face:

Over and over.
Day after Day.

1 Like

Hey just jumping in to clarify - this incorrect weapon flash offer was not a part of the hotfix.

The team is currently working on a fix for this issue and I’m awaiting confirmation when this will be released.

@Kafka please help. Broken again. I log in to play today and I get ERROR. Gems of War has a new version available. You will need to update in order to continue playing… There is no update to download. Deleted everything reinstalled, same error. Does your team own an iPad? Perhaps testing things before they STOP their player base from playing could be put on the checklist. This is frusterating. Here is an idea, stop pushing the untested updates please. Not even 8 days of play before its broken again.

@Kold I have helped a couple of players with this issue prior to today, some players saw it resolved after attempting to reinstall more than once - unfortunately, I do not know why this is the case as most others only had to reinstall once before it was fixed.

Also, make sure to clear your phone cache before reinstalling.

Jeto,

Thank you for reaching out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a 2nd time and now I can get in. Not sure why it didn’t work the first time, not sure why it doesn’t just automatically update… Either way, you have fixed the problem and I appreciate it.

2 Likes

FYI, the update hit Switch just yesterday.

Bringing this back up - where was the compensation that was discussed to happen with the Hotfix and these issues.

Seems to have disappeared. I went looking but I don’t think it ever happened.