Hoo's The Boss

I would like to, I can’t, I believe my posts makes that quite clear. It basically boils down to this:

1.) There is no way for players to tell if event chests are really configured correctly, they have to trust in what Infinity Plus Two claims.
2.) Event chests were found to have incorrect loot tables in the past, on multiple occasions, after a lot of players wasted their keys.

There used to be a server API that listed the real odds, Infinity Plus Two shut it down after the community used it a few times to successfully challenge the official claims. The community now has to resort to statistics. If you open enough event chests you can fairly accurately deduce the real loot tables of the week. 10k chests give a pretty good picture about which troops are really available, 100k chests about the rates at which they really show up. I don’t have that many keys to spend for testing purposes, especially not each week.

The community eventually spends a lot more than 100k keys throughout the week. Experienced players keep their ear to the ground to listen for any irregularities before spending themselves, in particular after having been burned at least once. It’s somewhat unfair towards the less experienced players, they essentially serve as guinea pigs to be sacrificed for the greater good, because Infinity Plus Two never compensates for resources wasted on faulty loot tables. I believe my weekly alert post may possibly help them to make a more informed decision.

It’s in their best interest to assume that whatever they want from event (or any other) chests isn’t in there until found by enough other players. This really can’t be stressed enough, wait for a few days to see if the community discovers anything amiss, especially if you intend to spend money on those chests. You can still go on an opening spree whenever it appears to be safe enough.

Show them this bug report, apparently Switch is currently missing The Emperor that was officially announced to be available more than a month ago. Issues like these happen distressingly often, most prominently to event chests. The majority gets hidden away as much out of sight as possible, to not “confuse the players”.

3 Likes