Hoo's The Boss

HOO’S THE BOSS?

New Epic Troop: Lord Archimedus

Lord Archimedus will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

World Event: Wise Old Owl

There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: Orc Veteran, Rok’Gar the Guardian, Fist of Zorn, Sol’Zara, Gar’Nok, and Gargantaur. The first 5 enemies are randomly chosen, but they all have an equal chance of appearing on the map.

The battle against Gargantaur will only appear after the player wins 4 of the other battles. However, his battle will not hang around; if you don’t fight him immediately, he will vanish! Either way, after that, all battles reset, and you’ll need to fight another 4 to spawn Gargantaur again.

Scoring
You can find the following rewards for each of the different battles you may encounter.

• Orc Veteran: 5 Trinkets
  • Rok’Gar the Guardian: 7 Trinkets
  • Fist of Zorn: 8 Trinkets
  • Sol’Zara: 9 Trinkets
  • Gar’Nok: 10 Trinkets
  • Gargantaur: 12 Trinkets

Each Trinket is worth 5 points. The battles will drop a variable number of Trinkets (on average about 1.18x the base amount).

6 Likes

Is there anything special happening as it is Easter week?

1 Like

bunninog battlecrasher probably

2 Likes

Here are the graphics to help you this week.

Event Summary:

Average Tier Buy In per member to close all rewards is Tier 2 (~68 battles). Assuming following the best scoring and no missed valravens.

Reward Amounts:

Battles and Scoring:

15 Likes

@Fourdottwoone, can you please explicitly clarify your post and state whether or not an issue is directly affecting Forest of Thorn’s mythic event key drop rate currently. Some members of my guild are getting very confused because this “updated” version of your recurring posts (referencing Forest of Thorns troops explicitly this time) has them thinking there is an active issue with King Bloodwood and Yasmine’s Chosen not being obtainable at all from this week’s event chest. They are getting upset about spending event keys and not getting the mythics from said event keys and are pointing to your post as proof this is an issue and not an artifact of shitty RNG.

I’ve seen your Consumer Alert posts since the original Weavergate incident and get what you’re trying to accomplish. However, now especially with you changing them to reflect the current week’s Kingdom, I believe you are inadvertently spreading confusion and misinformation with them. I’m not going to get embroiled in the whole conversation that happened about the nature of these posts and whether or not they are spam. But I would appreciate if you would please make them more clear that you are referencing previous issues, i.e. Weavergate, and are talking in generalities and not bringing to light a new and separate bug that is happening today. It would be very helpful to clear up these miscommunications/misunderstandings in my guild.

7 Likes

FWIW, Yasmine’s definitely is in event chests; pulled it this morning with 50 keys. Good-luck RNG for once :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for posting that as it helps me address their confusion. I also checked a few Global Chat channels and saw other people had been pulling both, but you can’t tell from chat what keys were used to get said mythics.

2 Likes

I would like to, I can’t, I believe my posts makes that quite clear. It basically boils down to this:

1.) There is no way for players to tell if event chests are really configured correctly, they have to trust in what Infinity Plus Two claims.
2.) Event chests were found to have incorrect loot tables in the past, on multiple occasions, after a lot of players wasted their keys.

There used to be a server API that listed the real odds, Infinity Plus Two shut it down after the community used it a few times to successfully challenge the official claims. The community now has to resort to statistics. If you open enough event chests you can fairly accurately deduce the real loot tables of the week. 10k chests give a pretty good picture about which troops are really available, 100k chests about the rates at which they really show up. I don’t have that many keys to spend for testing purposes, especially not each week.

The community eventually spends a lot more than 100k keys throughout the week. Experienced players keep their ear to the ground to listen for any irregularities before spending themselves, in particular after having been burned at least once. It’s somewhat unfair towards the less experienced players, they essentially serve as guinea pigs to be sacrificed for the greater good, because Infinity Plus Two never compensates for resources wasted on faulty loot tables. I believe my weekly alert post may possibly help them to make a more informed decision.

It’s in their best interest to assume that whatever they want from event (or any other) chests isn’t in there until found by enough other players. This really can’t be stressed enough, wait for a few days to see if the community discovers anything amiss, especially if you intend to spend money on those chests. You can still go on an opening spree whenever it appears to be safe enough.

Show them this bug report, apparently Switch is currently missing The Emperor that was officially announced to be available more than a month ago. Issues like these happen distressingly often, most prominently to event chests. The majority gets hidden away as much out of sight as possible, to not “confuse the players”.

3 Likes

For what its worth, I have not flagged your original post, just asked you to put clarity into it.

I dont think stating on a weekly basis what boils down to “assume everything is broken and going to screw you over unless its been explicitly proven to work” is helpful after a certain point. Posting about the Weavergate issue when leading up to a very similar situation upcoming in Ghulvania makes sense. Telling people that they are going to have issues every week with every single kingdom does not.

The way you are wording things has directly lead to misinforming the community for this week’s event. If you are going to assume self-imposed responsibility to post Consumer Alerts weekly, then do the proper due diligence to not cause additional problems with it by being careful and precise with your wording. I think it is very misrepresentative and irresponsible to say this week’s troops might not be there until there is an actual issue identified. Discussions of bugs/issues are based on actual experiences of faulty or weird behavior, not hypotheticals that might or might not happen.

I’m not even asking you to stop posting these, just be more clear.

3 Likes

There isn’t really any pattern to go by. We’ve had the best troops missing, we’ve had probabilities shifted towards low rarity troops, we’ve even had mythic troops earned getting exchanged for two VIP keys. Weavergate was just the most visible incident out of many.

It might sound harsh but “assume everything is broken and going to screw you over unless its been explicitly proven to work” is the sane way to go. It’s relevant each week, because we can’t tell in which weeks we are going to get screwed over. It’s very safe to assume that we will get screwed over again and again, because Infinity Plus Two goes out of their way to not address the issue.

Fun fact, years ago, back when the devs still interacted with the community, they used to open chests on channel 001 until whichever mythic troop supposed to be available actually showed up for all to see. It got introduced after a particularly prominent streak of absences, players waited patiently for the message to show up before going through their stash.

I believe I did. Which parts do you feel are not precisely worded and how could they be improved?

I truly do appreciate that you’re trying to caution people to look before they leap. That’s sound advice and I don’t have issues with that as a generality. I think where the specifics of this particular version of the post got murky is bringing in specific troops from this week’s kingdom. Though they were used as examples of what might be missing, that message was lost on multiple people.

Frankly, I thought the version you were posting prior to this week was sufficient to get your point across, and you only started changing it up due to the whole “spamming the same exact message” discussion. I’m not trying to make it into a damned if you do, damned if you don’t thing. Your message is strongest when talking about concrete examples of the bugs or missing items/troops that have been shown to not be correctly implemented like Weaver, the campaign weapon for Adana, and the missing Tarot Card troop. That doesn’t lead to inadvertent confusion as they are currently identified problems.

I think where the issues were introduced was specifically mentioning the Forest of Thorns troops by name who don’t yet but could potentially have reported drop rate issues because things can get generally screwy in the same context as things that have definitely been proven to have gone wrong. Commingling without very clear language to differentiate what historically has been a snafu, and what potentially could be seems to be the root of it. That is what I would avoid to improve these posts.

1 Like

Maybe there needs to be a separate “Player alert” for people as a general warning when opening chests/buying weekly rewards or tiers :stuck_out_tongue:

• Older content (Troops that have been released and found regularly in chests before) is probably less likely to break than newer additions

• That being said, you never know when they might decide to tweak something, causing unexpected results or dysfunctions (and even if they say they haven’t touched a particular area of code, and that it shouldn’t have been affected by whatever new or old thing has changed or been introduced, it could still be that)

• I can’t think of specific examples right now, and it’s probably not as big a consequence or fallout as when new Mythics are released, for example, but I could swear there have been minor examples of older/regular things breaking as well just because they’ve played around with some other thing on the back end
  • The odds are more likely that you will get screwed over than compensated with regards to drop tables (or anything that affects a lot of people) if something does go wrong

• Definitely be careful around new stuff

The consumer alert doesn’t bug me, it’s just one post, what bugs me is the aftermath that seems to continue on weekly event posts.

1 Like

If they’d just come out and said ‘Sorry, we’re fixing it.’ (and actually fixed it), this wouldn’t be causing fallout months later.

1 Like

It actually seems to describe the overall situation quite accurately, I couldn’t help but laugh. :joy:

Back to the drawing board. I thought I had it down quite well but I guess the language used may have been a bit (or even a lot) too much on the technical side. It’s really not supposed to be confusing, annoying won’t do either. Thanks for the feedback, I think I see a good way to improve it.

2 Likes

They don’t even acknowledge there is any issue, they always end up gaslighting each incident that becomes somewhat prominent. It’s really the overall situation that needs to be addressed. I can think of three ways to do it, each of them works:

• Make sure that chests are configured as claimed when releasing them.
    That’s the ideal approach, players shouldn’t have to worry whether the Blunder Of The Week hit the chest loot table or some other part of the game, like weapon release dates or spell effects. If you insist on doing as liitle QA as possible, at least do it for the consumables possibly paid for with money.

• Give players a way to check the real configuration prior to spending resources.
    That’s the lazy approach, players should be able to trust official announcements and ads being run in-game. If players would have a way to verify the claims, by getting shown the server-side loot tables, they could at least avoid damages. No, the drop rates shown on the chest opening screen don’t help at all, it’s just a static image that doesn’t even attempt to reflect reality.

• Issue proper refunds whenever something misleads players into their wasting resources.
    That’s the minimum viable approach, players should receive what they paid for. When selling lottery tickets, the prizes claimed to be in there really have to be in there. When they are found to be missing, sticking a post-it to your back door saying that prizes may vary isn’t the way to go, especially when you keep on selling the duds for several days afterwards. And it has to be an automatic refund, you have all the data to figure out who bought duds, requiring players to somehow realize they bought duds and to contact support about it is at best dodging responsibilities.

3 Likes