Hoard Mimic hall of fame

I would have to count the exact number, but I think, about a third of our guild already had a drop of the Hoard Mimic troop. We even have 2 members with 2 copies of it, but that is the maximum number of copies for a single player in our guild (I have seen some 3, and I think even a 4 Hoard Mimic team in PvP).

Some of our drops were for players, that were farming a lot (I would consider mine to be one of those…), others were rather lucky and got it with not so much boss chests in a few days and others are doing a significant amount of chests per day and are still waiting for their copy. At least for our guild everything seems to work in the way I would expect given the overall low drop rate of the Hoard Mimic.

1 Like

Not sure about the exact figure, but 6 or seventh Hoard mimic battle:

4 Likes

I was stop looking for it more than a month ago (after 800+ Boss chests).
Trying the new “Auto Fight” , 10-20 boss chests later, on the 2nd mimic, 1st hoard mimic fight:

7 Likes

Congratulations! That might very well be the first autoplay Mimic :blush:

2 Likes

OMG - Finally !

I must have done 200+ boss chests before starting to record incidences of mimic chests.

Progress recorded data Note that today (inc a few yesterday evening) was bonkers good!

If you are actively looking for the Hoard Mimic as I was then make sure to just do the “lantern” kingdoms. The extra 20% mythstones make a huge difference to the number of ‘nul’ kingdoms (when you don’t make it to the Boss chest)
You can get a run of 8 chests doing lanterns but it is only 4 or 5 not which adds up to a lot of time doing wasted battles !

6 Likes

No pet rescues today so I am forced to just do explore.

10 Likes

Finally happened last week, such a relief :+1:

12 Likes

all mimic kingdom = 2 hoard mimic today…

1 Like

I’ve grinded out a crapton of chests since these came and I only just got my first ever hoard mimic while burning GAPs this weekend (sadly no troop). A guildmate has hit almost 70 hoard mimics (yes hoard, not just regular) and no troop.

Who thought this BS was actually reasonable? Especially to tack an achievement onto it? I never thought they would make one worse than Geoff, but by golly they did it anyways.

1 Like

At least with Geoff you can make steady progress, even if it takes hundreds of hours. With the hoard mimic there’s going to be people who grind out a crapton of chests for hundreds of hours and never get the troop because they have bad luck.

8 Likes

Got 1 Hoard Mimic finally today. Opened about 15-20 Hoard Mimic chests before it.

4 Likes

I wasn’t tracking my boss chests and mimic appearance rate until about 5 months ago. I had been grinding E12 since the mimic chest was introduced back in March and I still haven’t gotten the Mythic Mimic troop. But i’ve only been doing about 10 boss chests a day and that rate has been dropping as I’ve slowly been losing interest in Gems as a whole.

In the past 5 months, i’ve had 1605 boss chests, with 183 mimic chests (11.40% appearance rate), and only 5 horde mimic chests (0.31% total appearance rate or a 2.73% appearance rate based on the the number of mimic chests), and 0 mythic mimic troops rewarded. At this rate, maybe 2-5 years from now I will finally get this achievement.

The fact that this is the only way to get the troop and the achievement and that I don’t feel like I am working toward getting it makes this such a mindless boring grind. Whoever in the dev team thought this was good idea is out of their mind. The RNG/Luck for this could make this unobtainable for so many people, meanwhile other people have gotten this useless troop multiple times.

If the devs were smart, players should also have a chance (although a small one) to get the mythic mimic from the Gnome room in a deep delve. Giving a reason to even play the deep delve more than once.

But I am honestly surprised that the devs haven’t introduced Mimic Bait or Horde Mimic Bait like they did with the Pet and Cursed Gnomes. They probably would have made a killing from all the frustrated people who just want to get this achievement done and over with.

7 Likes

I got the Hoard Mimic fairly quickly. But didn’t get the achievement. Not that I care. For a very long time, I didn’t even know that there were achievements. I prefer to make up my own, rather than be trapped inside someone else’s idea of how to enjoy the game (which usually also strongly encourages spending money).

3 Likes

screw that shit, I’ve been spending weeks doing ONLY EXPLORE all week, with no results except three times the same tendinitis.
I’m not doing this for the unit itself just because it’s among the few units I don’t have yet and for the achievement.
The unfairness of this makes me want to quit the game for good after seven years.
No need to ‘‘fix’’ the drop rate people like me would just feel bad to get it like that. It’s too late frustration broke a player’s trust in this game.

2 Likes