Hidden Easter Egg Hunt = Free Eggsplosion! (April Fool's Prank)

So if you’ve played at all in the past few days you’ll have noticed these in the news:

Like most users I figured they were there for decoration and theme for Bunni’Nog, turns out they have another purpose.

So I was farming some challenges through Karakoth to get some common magic stones to trait my Dark Master, I was testing each of the challenges to see which would be the easiest to farm when a colorful egg came up after the traitstone. I don’t remember which color but I do remember the challenge.

Karakoth - Challenge #6

There was (unfortunately) no indicator of how many eggs I got or needed, but I know I got one, so I played the challenge again and got nothing. I guessed they might be hidden in other kingdoms so I attempted to play challenges, this proved my theory correct!

These are the challenges that gave me the eggs in the order I found them:

Pan’s Vale - Challenge #2
Stormheim - Challenge #7
Wild Plains - Challenge #3
Darkstone - Challenge #5
(Not 100% sure on these.)

After collecting them all a mail came up in my inbox. I briefly thought it might’ve been a guild reward but also hoped I was done searching, when the letter’s title read something about the egg hunt I was quite eggcited to see what was inside!

Rewards:
Eggsplosion
x10 Gem Keys

I never got the eggsplosion during it’s previous release(s?), and I wasn’t very tempted to spend $15 on one, so this was quite the pleasant surprise!

Now I’m not sure if the challenges I got the eggs from are 100% correct (heck, they could be randomized for all I know), but they were definitely those kingdoms.

So good luck egg hunting out there, that’s all, yolks!

5 Likes

Nice find! :slight_smile:
Only problem is it appears to be different for each user. xD

1 Like

Do they do something like this every event and we’ve just not known!?

1 Like

Probably not. Would seem kind of pointless to spend time adding a secret feature that less than 1% find out about. The people that do challenges probably don’t have enough unlocked to find them all and the people with a lot of challenges unlocked don’t tend to do challenges.

1 Like

Uhm… before I dive into those challenges, I feel I must ask first:
What day is it in your timezone, @Zelfore?

Specifically, is it April 1st yet? :wink:

5 Likes

It works. Try it. It is set to 5 random challenges in the game. With Dust Devil spam it only takes a little over an hour.

1 Like

Sounds very April Fools to me, a concept I was just explaining to my filippino GF just before I read this post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you explain the dust devil spam to me please? I’m still fairly new to the game.

Dust Devil deals damage to all targets, and has a third trait “Empowered”. So if you build a team of 4 fully-traited Dust Devils, you can reliably do 20-36 damage to every enemy troop without having to match a single gem

4 Likes

Wow. That’s pretty crazy. Thanks for the explanation.

I believe that this is an april fools joke. my reason being that since the event started i have been farming maps and dark traitstones in karakoth and yet to get a weapon and also this might be a programming nightmare for the devs too impliment and not even mention. Random for everyone and there are alot of challenges.

It is a april fools joke.

good to know

You can also do Mercy**, Dust Devil***, Dust Devil***, Dust Devil*** for fights where two casts of Dust Devil are just barely not enough to win. Mercy (or another similar troop) can bless with Magic, at which point you get +4 damage over the first two casts.

2 Likes

Even if its a april fools joke, its a very nice one.

1 Like

Wow. That’s one of the best OPs on an April Fool’s subject that I’ve ever run into. I might have even believed it, were it not for the bit about the “x10 Gem Keys” pièce de résistance. Good job.

Thanks. Back to downloading my new console update!

2 Likes

It was a nice one thats for sure. :relieved: Never know with Zelfore, and thats what we all loves about him.

I just found one of the eggs in treasure hunt mode. Seems like they drop in place of traitstones. But I’ve only found 2 eggs so far :confused:

We don’t believe you. :slight_smile:
Screen shot or it didn’t happen.

Ok you got me i didn’t do no treasure hunt :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like