Hey Devs, Here is an idea that will make you more money!

I think you both need to realize that those pics are ACCURATE!
This is ridiculous… Normal boxers today look like that… Normal K1 fighters… Standard kick-boxers… Just because YOU dont fit the part and dont look “as cool” doesnt mean it is a INCORRECT/WRONG body image… I would literally have laughed so hard if they casted “Prince of Persia” as some fat old dude with glasses.

Edit: about the lack of clothes, conan, pop, gladiator dude (didnt like the series, dont remember the name) are from ancient times, do you really think they had much better armor IRL? plus wolverine in comics i think has been portayed shirtless more than once (dont quote me on this)

I call bullshit on that. Most warrior in the past were conscripted civilians (farmers and the sort) marching off to war.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was freaking Mr. Olympia and spent hours each day training for years to get that body, and he was doping too. Almost no one looks like that, that’s why he won Mr. Olympia.

The rock-hard chiseled bodies are the result of hours of targeted workouts, careful dieting and usually the abuse of steroids.

The classical Greek art of chiseled men were statues of athletes not warriors. Plus the whole Greek philosophy of art was based on creating an archetype of the perfect man or woman and it wasn’t suppose to represent reality.

To prove me point, here are a number of images of real warriors made my classic artists that were alive at the time. I have include images from several different cultures.

Do these men really look like super buffed hollywood warriors?

I will say that you are bring up the point of archetypes (the perfect conceptualization of something) in art.

So what does one think of when he thinks of a warrior? The archetype is of course a chiseled dude. Well the artistic consensus for the archetype (perfect conception) of women is one with curves. The breast, hour glass figure, curves of the buttocks, and usually long hair are things that makes a woman conceptually district from an image of a man. So of course women artistically are portrayed that way.

1 Like

@psychetruth You make all of the “points” that a guy who never had to realize sexism as it exists in our society tends to make when they’re first confronted about their apparent disregard for and/or open support to blatant sexism, by someone actually aware of it. You display all of the classic fallacies, strawmen and biases of someone with that kind of privileged misconception of the subject matter of sexism.

I’m sure you’re not aware of this and you actually think you are making valid points, here, with your token undressed pics of a few specific male characters, your inane false equivalences between general violence and sexual objectification, as well as sexiness and sexual objectification. That’s because you do not realize what sexual objectification is, let alone how widespread it is in our society and media; which is the default setting for us guys, because we don’t have to notice any of this by default, since it doesn’t victimize us. I can relate to your perception that you’re being unfairly attacked or misread when people qualify your statements as sexist, for the same reasons.

Unfortunately, I assure you that sexual objectification of women and sexism (towards women) is very much an actual thing in our society and in the media and popular culture that reflects it in this day and age. I’m aware of this because I took the time and made the effort to take notice. This gives me the magical ability to see your sexist statements in this here thread as such, even though you unfortunately do not (yet?). That is all I had to say and should have to say about those sexist statements.

It’s not on me to patiently debunk each fallacy you hang on to, and to hold your hand on the way to realizing that maybe, just maybe, society might not be perfect and that certain types of people might in fact be routinely treated, portrayed and/or perceived as inferior to other types of people, and that you might play your tiny part in that at your own level, simply because you haven’t acknowledged it yet. Should you care to look it up, there is an abundance of information available on that.

But this takes work and you will most likely not have any real incentive to go that route. Either way, this was my last post on this topic. Sexism is a serious issue. Fighting someone stubbornly denying it in order to save face is beneath me, and not worth any more of my time.

Cheers,
LM

Edit: sorry, made a double post

@psychetruth
now go look at those figures in movies about them and you will see that they are similar in every way…
you are so ignorant its ridiculous…

edit: just google remy bonjasky (former K1 champion) and you will see that he is every bit as muscular as those movie pics

Closing this thread off. While there were some legitimate game play suggestions here from OP, other aspects of OPs post and the the conversation that ensured have no place on this forum. Please remember when posting on the Gems of War forum that this is a place for EVERYONE, regardless of who you think might play this game.

4 Likes