Help out the Devs, in response to the SELFIE/MEME THREAD

I bet robert did another account, i can’t imagine him say nothing in the forum lol

Should be easy to tell, if someone joins in the next few days, and makes a couple of gorilla references… :grinning:

2 Likes

In my experience, people that get banned like this either re-emerge like you said or they quit the game and forum and go find someplace else to haunt.

I think they were too addicted to quit the game :slight_smile:

They’d also be obvious to spot.
Maybe after a few weeks and things settle down, Sirrian would let them back in if they promise to behave. Things were getting out of hand on the forums, and they weren’t the only offenders. And this is the first time Sirrian really had to crack down on it.

1 Like

I think it’s a bit disrespectful to talk about other people like this, especially if they’ve lost their voice. No callouts and all that.

8 Likes

i didin’t said anything against them so please don’t put words in my mouth

I’m talking about the conversation as a whole, not individual comments.

1 Like

Pretty sure if he readed it he is laughing about the gorilla comment but it’s ok no more talking about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I strongly disagree with them being permabanned. They shaped this community as well and are just a part of the spectrum of all the different personalities in this community that make it work so well.
I hope my daily login bonus wont change into a ticket for a bread any time soon…

1 Like

@Sirrian made it pretty clear that the reason he was planning on issuing bans was because the relevant parties were costing his team more than their contributions to the community were worth. Whatever your personal estimation of their value, the amount of trouble they caused was even higher, according to the man who has to pay the bills and decide how the time and money is spent.

Some people thought they could get away with walking right up next to the line, following the absolute letter of the law, but not the spirit of it. Inevitably, they stepped over the line one too many times, and ran out of second chances. People antagonizing each other just short of breaking the rules doesn’t foster a community. A community works because the participants want it to, because they make an effort to get along.

13 Likes

I feel this whole incident will really help the forum be more productive in general.

Before the onslaught of memes, there were slow days or days with little going on, sure, but that only changed when a few users realized side-tracking every other thread with pure shenanigans had no apparent repercussions.

If people want a meme board, make a meme board! We have an “Off Topic” section for a reason. I still remember the huge image dump of wanted troops equaling over 100+ post by one person. It was perfectly fine, apparently.

So you want fun with memes? Have a ball! Just keep it in the right place.

4 Likes

I can’t stand memes, but like smoke rooms in pubs, those that participate should have their own special place to do so. It was a good thread but when lasses start posting pics, some rather attractive and provocative poses are only ever going to get attention and then the whole thing goes into a downward spiral. I’m sure it works the other way too but I’ve yet to see it.
Peace all.
Daniel

3 Likes

Hey I still feel like I’m out of the loop. Where was that statement made? I’m just trying to put the pieces together because I missed the drama.

There was no drama. Mems started getting out of hand with the 2 banned users, and prior to that their behavior wasn’t really top notch. Talia was slightly better I think but Robert certainly had it coming.
Sirrian came, locked the topic shared the bans and that’s all. No drama.
The main issue was probably them abusing the time they knew Sirrian and the gang were busy with other stuff.

2 Likes

So what up with virginia thread? It look ok now @sirrian probably forgot about it

2 Likes