Has the chance of getting gold rewards from Delve chests been decreased? Discuss

It started off as a gut feeling after 4.7 and became more and more apparent as I continued my daily delves or weekly faction events thereafter. I could as you suggest be on a bad RNG streak but if so, I don’t recall any similar streak prior to 4.7. I do delves every day so it’s something I recognise when I get rewards. My gold is down and delve is 1 area where I notice the shortfall.

Maybe it was secretly nerfed then secretly unnerfed this week?

“Mummy Set” from ToD. :eye:

Illuminati confirmed… :wink:

Taught 27 kindergartens today, and they wiped me out—forgot to record my delves as a result :sweat_smile:

Be back (maybe!) next week! :v:

1 Like

Thought I would bump this, as we have a Faction/Delve event this weekend.

I didn’t repost for the Warrens because it’s one of two farms I’ve kept, so I don’t beat the boss rooms.

Dunno if that would skew anything, but. Just to be consistent.

Anecdotally, I’ve been noticing the more “normal” gold rolls I used to see. 30k ish here and there—if people haven’t lost interest, I’ll take more screens Tuesday (if I remember)

EDIT: Does everyone have cake next to their name now, or is that just me?

…please tell me GLaDOS hasn’t tracked me down at long last…

2 Likes

The cake is to celebrate your forum “birthday”

1 Like

I know, that this is an old topic, but i tracked my rewards after patch 4.7 and did daily delving in City of Thieves on level 20.
21 times gold rewards out of 80 delve runs, so it was 26.25% for me, average gold reward was around 27k gold.

1 Like

Delve gold was the only reason to do delve so I guess they want us in explore 100% of the time. No other mode gives enough reward not to be there 100% of time

I also delve for quick and easy class experience every day.

2 Likes

I disagree with this statement. I do delves for class XP (as mentioned above), but also for chaos shards. If I ever need to push a hoard far beyond 100, having a lot of Genie’s Lamps and Sacred Treasures will reduce the gold requirement a lot. And to get those, I will need lots of chaos shards.

3 Likes

You can disagree with my statement but my statement is how I feel. Your statement does not change that 1%. I can get shards in epic tasks if I even needed them. I don’t need any

1 Like

So you want more gold but won’t do delves? Doing delves earns you lots of gold and also SAVES you gold by having more higher rarity treasures for your hoard. I know you believe delve chests have been nerfed but there is no evidence of that. I made millions taking Werewoods to 500 and regularly get gold from 3 daily delves :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I don’t need more treasure or shards at this time. If I think gold has been Nerfed as does several other players it doesn’t make it not true because you say there is no evidence. Of course there is evidence, I used to get 60k plus almost every final room and it was weird when I didn’t get gold. Now it’s weird when I get gold and if I do it’s 25k or so. Not sure if you did daily before the update or not.

60k plus almost every boss room? Methinks someone is slightly exaggerating. A quick calculation on that would mean making 30 million gold taking a new delve to 500.

I’ve always made approx 2-3 million gold taking a new delve to 500. This can vary of course with rng.

2 Likes

Not talking about taking it to 500. I’m talking doing 20 over and over. I know people that quit game over it. They can no longer keep up because their life does not allow them to live on the game.

I got 104k from a lvl 9 chest yesterday. That was the 1st time I remember getting more than 60k, but it made up for a few ‘shards only’ lvl 10 chests I’ve found in recent weeks. I also got 30+k from another lvl 9 chest today. I have neither the time nor the inclination to chase statistics for something that is inevitably ‘working as intended’.

‘Move along Elves, nothing to see here’. We’re not all Elves. Some of us are twisted, tortured, and perfected. I’m rambling again. It takes a week for the GW bloodlust to subside. Lo siento. Hasta.

I see absolutely no value in raising horde quality beyond what is needed to reach level Q10, ie level 100. Throwing gold after more gold at horde level to compensate for bad troops and outrageous enemy stats cannot be justified in my eyes because if / when you finally prevail, that gold is gone for good and you will be reminded of that sickening level of investment ad infinitum whenever you look at ur overall profile renown etc. And the gold that used to drop from chests has most definitely been nerfed significantly IMO, making 100 level plus horde even less appealing. After 4.7 anyone still boosting horde must be playing cedric/key teams in explore a hell of a lot. They must have an inherent player trait that I do not…impervious to monotony. All variety is being sucked out of the game because of gold nerfing. For me, delve used to offer decent return on the original Q10/L100 investment and made daily delve worth doing. Those days are over for me; my experience is that delve gold has been slashed and nobody else’s observations will convince me otherwise. In a way I am grateful because 24 or more delve fights per day is not my idea of a good time. I don’t need ANY of the resources or rewards other than gold. And it’s gone.

1 Like

Yep the people saying they don’t know what you are talking about must be playing a different game or are drunk most of the time or could be a combination of the two. :thinking:

Looks like you are the one who is playing a different game than everyone else in this thread

1 Like

Chaos shard base drops are 3, 4, 5, 6. Slightly different multipliers can yield the same amount of shards

1 Like