Has the chance of getting gold rewards from Delve chests been decreased? Discuss

Probably you were not doing daily til lately. I know for a fact I used to get 60k final room sometimes 3 times a day. Now if I’m lucky I get 30k twice. If I’m not lucky zero gold from final room 3 times.

I agree @rojo. I don’t go overboard with single or 3 day events but I still have all but 2 factions renown 2100 or higher. The gold has gone and nothing will convince me to the contrary. The 64k rewards have all but gone…everything I don’t need is cluttering up my inventory in “rewards”. Tributes also seem to have taken a hit from hourly collect. I’ve never had less than 1 million approaching reset. Today I have less than half that. Coincidence? RNG? Not buying it.

1 Like

Kind of like the $25 offer today. Writs but you still need 500k gold to go with those deeds lol. Any takers lol

1 Like

Nope. I need to consolidate how I generate revenue or I am guaranteed to lose ground and resources.

1 Like

Just in case this is the type of information that would help pinpoint any existing issues:

Missed first chest map screenshot, it was a level 9 chest.

Possibly selective observation: an apparent spike in Shard-only Rewards for the past few weeks.

:thinking: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Yes, look like also my “no gold from delve streak” suddendly ended, on first 6 runs of today event 3 times got golds.

Guess can say it’s just the typical “GoW rng” (like for example, seen doomblade screw up casting more times in those 2 days of ToD than the gran total it did in the whole time since i got it).

2 Likes

Before my daily delves today I had:

After my three daily delves I had:

I keep one faction low to farm daily class experience, and I use Cedric/Merchant Prince to boost gold to 225/225 in each room.

I don’t think gold is a problem if you use gold boosting mechanics. I donated sixteen million gold last week, and I have almost all of it back thanks to the Cedric/Greed Skeleton Key team.

You totally missed the point but is all fine.

1 Like

I understand the idea is after beating boss the gold rewards have allegedly been adjusted, I look at delve gold as an entire picture, which is why I posted my results after completing three delves. The gold in delves as a whole is pretty sweet, not just the random completion gold reward after killing the boss room.

But that was the whole problem, sure didnt took long for the thread to get derailed about “one time i got more than the other” but main prob was not getting golds at all as prize (that remind me that every now and then on psn someone ask if explo golds got nerfed cuz they’re getting less than “yesterday”, always come out is about row’s or other stuff).

Golds amount isnt the prob and tbh not even gold in general, i got np doing lvl 12 explo with x2 cedric (never lost a match except 2 times i had to retreat vs Glutmaw’s “always full mana” and that never missed a devour and basically impossible to kill) and there i get 6271 gold a fight hence giving me more than doing delve (and seen i need tokens too even better).

1 Like

What I’d like to understand is how can a lvl 9 (x4.05) and a lvl 10 (x4) chest both give 160 shards as a reward :thinking: :sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:

But gold accumulation per completed delve should be a factor. Getting the random gold rewards after a completion is based on RNG, and in no way can be quantified…

May be “RNG”, but if in 8 new delve events (that are more or less 70/80 delves each) in a row you get an average 2,5 millions golds (some more on those with high multipliers and some less on those with lower multiplier) and then in the 9 you barely get 1 million (even considering frostfire is one of those with lame low multiplier that amount was way too low) something must have gone wrong.

But well, considering “GoW RNG” is prolly the worst i’ve ever seen in any game (call it streakiness or w/e, isnt just about delve chests but pretty much everything) maybe i shouldnt be surprised, only happy w/e it was finally ended, got 2 more times golds getting to 100 so basically 50% of the runs so far gave golds.

Gold accumulated during the delve rooms is irrespective of the delve chest loot rolls :man_facepalming:

By mixing both together you muddy the waters and miss the point—this isn’t about “gold earned per delve.” This is about whether the chance to roll gold as a delve chest reward is less than what it once was (or even, for me, less than equal to the chance to roll other possibilities like souls and/or chaos shards).

And if, after this clarification, your argument remains, “Well, I still get 30k gold every delve run even when gold isn’t a final reward” my response will be “Sure. And if you had rolled gold, you’d have made more

4 Likes

Just to add some objective photos (though of course I agree with @Mithran , that seeing what we get doesn’t mean much when the expected rates don’t exist anywhere for the players to see)—I’ll post what I get in Delve events, because I always complete those without any losses or other complications.

I’ll also be curious to see if the delve loot rolls are the same basic distribution delve-to-delve, because I’ve wondered before if the final gold rolls are reduced in delves that have more treasure rooms, to compensate.

Dailies I’ll skip, because I miss them when I don’t have time, sometimes lose, etc…

SEA OF SORROWS

Sigil 1

Sigil 2

Sigil 3

Sigil 4

Sigil 5

Sigil 6

Sigil 7

Sigil 8

Sigil 9

Sigil 10

My gold seems okay this time around—last time I only got one gold roll for all of Crypt Keepers. Who knows what next week will bring—stay tuned! :v:

Looks like Rng at work…

If you feel RNG can be proven to the point that gold in the completion pool is less common, go for it.

The nature of RNG is randomness… the gold per delve is solid, it can fluctuate based on room, troop, board composition, but it is easy to get a fixed idea on gold per run. Fixating on a random reward that is by nature uncommon, seems pointless to me.

But have at it, clearly there are those that feel the randomness can be proven to favor their opinion that the completely not guaranteed gold rewards at the end of delves has in some fashion been nerfed.

Delve gold is nerfed. Believe it.

Hehehe, 69999 points after lvl 80, biggest joke ever i guess, never seen that close, should be posted on Cool (even tho isnt cool at all) screenshots topic.

2 Likes

You keep saying this, but can you explain what evidence is leading you to believe that? Do you really think the devs would secretly nerf delve gold after recent PR crises? Isn’t it much more likely that you’re just on a bad RNG streak, or incorrectly estimating how much gold you used to average?

I guess I shouldn’t try. I hope your delve gold rewards get better in the future.

2 Likes