Guildless and happy

Yes! I finally did it! I left my guild after only 271 days. No more feeling obligated to play. No more having to get seals, gold, trophies etc. Games should be fun and played at your leisure. It’s funny… now I accumulate gems and gold and whatever, and I don’t feel the urge to use gems for more torches or more levels in events! I no longer feel like I’m “clocking in” when I play. No more feeling like GOW is my boss!
It’s wonderful. I’m free. I can play the game whenever I choose to, without feeling I HAVE to play. :+1:t2::facepunch:t2::heart:

5 Likes

And only a 50% chance of monthly mythic, as can’t use guild seals .

To each there own.

2 Likes

I don’t care about mythics or any of that. I like explore runs just for the matching and battles.
“Achievements” aren’t important. It’s literally just a matching/battle game in my mindset now. I can go weeks without playing… just like all my other ps4 games. It’s happily in the toy box.

I guess, the main issue for me and many others around here is not external pressure by guild requirements, but internal pressure to do stuff “because it’s there”. The guild side of things is the lesser offender in this regard, compared with the grind of medal and merchant farming… or, once you get caught up in there, the nightmare of leaderboards.

If going solo (or founding a single member guild) helps you to get your distance, that’s awesome. I know, I would just replace one ingame timewaster with a different one. :frowning:

4 Likes

As long as this makes you happy, then go for it. I believe that if your style is to play without pressure, there are many guilds that don’t require anything.

Being in a guild should help you achieve more together. Like a group of people working to build a house. You can build a house with a group of people faster than one person.

Any way, enjoy the game because, in the end, it is just a game. Don’t stress yourself. Good luck.

4 Likes

You could just create your own one person guild. There are many perks in guild events even with free sigils and you do have access to guild chests if you earn enough clan orbs to get more than 40k seals. And you don’t have to play if you don’t want to since you are the only one in the guild.

2 Likes

But… why? Why I guild at all? I just play.

Thank you so much. But instead of “building a house” as a team effort, with this game, I play solo. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great. Do what makes you enjoy the game more. All the best.

Lol whatever then.

Oh and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!!! :christmas_tree: :star2: :heart:

1 Like

I am surprised that even 8 or 9 years in there is no Solo benefits in this game on pair or a little less than being in a Guild.

Eika: The reason is exactly the one, that brought us this thread - peer pressure.
It is within the interest of the developers/publishers to push players towards a high activity and increase their willingness to spend money. A guild, even one that does not enforce or encourage it, does a much better job at this, than single play mechanisms ever could.

1 Like

Yeah it is pretty self explained. But you do think there would be something still for solo after 8-9 years.

1 Like

Enjoyment of playing explore runs. The enjoyment. Period.

Not being in a Guild locks you out of weekly Guild Events, if you care about them.

Being in a Guild gives you more ways to acquire resources with Gold (Gems in particular).

Me? I’m in a small Guild that I started myself after splintering off of a prior (and mostly absentee) Guild. I personally enjoy the little snippets of lore included with each weekly World Event.

I don’t chase leaderboards or achievements; I usually just play the “dailies” (Adventure Board and Boss Dungeon) then call it a day after about an hour. Sometimes two, if there’s an other event I’m interested in, but any more than that starts feeling wasteful. The fun only lasts so long per session.

1 Like

Not everyone needs to be in a guild, so go for it. I am in a guild though due to the extra stats you get, your team score goes way down if you leave a guild. Plus there are other benefits, and I like communicating with guild mates. But I can totally understand if someone wants no guild too, as guild events can be very costly. I think the game can accommodate many different types of players.

1 Like

I see zero reason to be solo and not at least in a guild of one (but preferably a zero-pressure, zero-requirements guild with likeminded players who only want the same - there’s plenty of them, existing only to band together similar people for the event and power benefits that being there provide and nothing more).

You’ll obviously notice a drop in effectiveness of your teams without the guild boosts on those explore runs you enjoy so much, but you also left your guild right towards the end of a season - in a few weeks time, when the artifact is offering nothing, your teams are going to be that much weaker again and those explore runs might even become a chore… and if you’re only going to play once every week or two you’ll never get that back, never be as strong as you once were playing ultra casually and alone and will probably end up just dropping the game entirely.

You were more than likely just in the wrong guild for you, that’s at least worth considering before you head off into the woods alone and nerf your potential.

2 Likes

A different suggestion: Why not undust your Puzzle Quest CD-Rom? It’s a better game than this one anyhow, and if you are playing solo and for fun, this counts even more.

The majority of guilds are do what you want. Only the top guilds have real requirements. 90% of guilds will not kick you even if you play once a month I bet.