Guild Wars Will be Temporarily Offline

can’t stop the happy dance! thanks @Saltypatra

1 Like

Saltypatra talks rubbish.
It is in no way necessary to stop guild wars.
When they want to rethink the guild wars feature they can do it as they do it with other features and develope them in their environment.

With the tiny team that GoW operates on that’s not overly possible, since they’re actively working on the change over to Unity at the moment as well. Dealing with issues from Guild Wars was likely taking away man power that was needed elsewhere, and there had been a lot of vocal opposition to issues in Guild Wars. So leaving it up and letting all this continue would have hurt things more than taking it down for a few weeks.

1 Like

A bit sad that GW aint here no more for a while.I liked it. There were a few issues. I’ll post them in the ideas topic.

2 Likes

The Spanish inquisition.

Seriously though, give them some credit, they are trying to improve the game by listening to the community. Hop into the Guild Wars Change Suggestions thread and let them know which parts you think could be better.

7 Likes

No no
No no no
Oh bugger bollocks.
Oh well, it needs sorting out. Gutted. I was looking forward to it this week.

3 Likes

So, once again (see also: 50% troop bonus) you have caved to a small contingent of forum whiners - this time removing content that is completely optional. Running the risk of alienating players that actually enjoy the content. Doing this in the weeks immediately preceding a new mythic release, which often take thousands of gems to obtain. Completely baffling.

10 Likes

NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!

THERE IS NO REASON TO DELAY CONSOLE GW BECAUSE NOTHING CAN CHANGE WITHOUT A PATCH.

CONSOLE PLAYERS ARE TIRED OF BEING DICTATED TO BY THE WHINGING OF PC MOBILE PLAYERS.

grrrr

2 Likes

My concern is that it will come back in a much weaker state, where:

• Battles will be even easier
  • Scoring will be revised so much that a loss will have only a minor impact on scoring
  • Scoring will be revised so that colour teams get even less of a bonus
  • Not all 30 players are needed to participate
  • Event bonus gets removed for GW

All to please the I want an easy game, give me free rewards crowd.

The game is already easy as it is! :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Some great points here, it is really too easy to agree with @Drathas and @kynetarse. Lets fight the Soft Club together, tired of them we are.

9 Likes

Got to tell you, this is really frustrating. I just stepped down yesterday from a top 5 guild I’d been with for 1.5 years due to burn out, so they could stay top 5 only to find this!

2 Likes

The kicker is console gets screwed out of GW for no reason, because ain’t no console patch coming out in two weeks with gw changes. But mobile pc would cry and cry if console still got gw.

1 Like

My thoughts were: “wow, loads of players must be leaving due to GW”

:confused:

If it’s a success, keep it going. If it’s making players leave, I’d prefer if you tell us that. Or if this about something else entirely like freeing up Dev time to fix other bugs then again, please just tell us that!

Edit: two weeks isn’t much time, all things considered. There won’t be any drastic changes. I’m really surprised that you don’t keep it running while you canvas opinions, and also that you haven’t asked more specific questions if GW is making players leave

12 Likes

The timing of a guild wars break couldn’t be better. A lot of people will enjoy the holiday season soon. And I for one am relieved I don’t have to live with the stress to complete guild wars during that time.
What I don’t understand is why you have to take guild wars down while contemplating GW 2.0.

I do love guild wars. I don’t like some of the aspects of the current incarnation.
What I dislike most is that you simply have to play every sunday. Missing another day isn’t a big deal, you can catch up later. This is not possible on Sunday. You simple have to play to compete in guild wars. Some of us do like to go out in the weekend or spending time with family. I don’t really enjoy having to play the last remaining matches late at night/early in the morning when otherwise occupied during the day/evening.

5 Likes

im so relieved finally a legal break from guild wars ! :smile:

i dont think i needed a break for 2 weeks, but i definitelly need some break off gw here and there more then just the mondays :slight_smile:
i was getting burned out…

so…

a break PLUS improvements? fantastic ! :rainbow::heartpulse::fireworks:

honestly i was getting so tired that if i had to choose: improvements or a break id take a break…

5 Likes

Channeling our inner Yoda are we?

2 Likes

A Monday never has been more blue…

2 Likes

Well… Thats a bit hyperbolic but i agree in general lol

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

i don’t understand why it needs to stop while getting improved either.
oh well.

3 Likes