Guild Wars unfair? cast your votes for the devs to see!

Maybe they can tweak some with the color bonus percentages, but everything else is just fine. Dedicated, experienced and organized guilds/players should get the best rewards. The idea of rewards within just the bracket would be heavily exploited, so that can’t be done.

1 Like

You all know you can cleanse deathmark, right? It feels a bit like people are complaining b/c they want to use one faceroll team for every battle. It also feels like those are the same people complaining about there being a lack of variety…

1 Like

You can’t cleanse Death Mark before it kills. You are wrong. It has a flat 10% chance to kill before you can do anything.

Previously, Death Mark had a 2-turn ramp, making it essentially useless. Now it’s zero turns, which makes it way too fluky.

7 Likes

Simple solution to the Rankings…

Make the guild wars work on the LAST WEEKS totals of Trophies and put you in that bracket. Not overall and over the past 2 years.

Since this is a weekly event, order the guild wars entrants by their previous weekly total for the guild. This gives new and old guilds the same chance. But I do think this might lead to burnout as many are already burned out from massive PvP every day.

4 Likes

Yeah, we’re (Hoguns) top 10 each week trophy-wise so that system would work in our favor but I’d rather not put yet another incentive on trophies, they’re already grindy enough lol

1 Like

so demonor angel you think its fair?

in order to hit rank one we would have to leave our guild and join the rank 1 guild therefore destroying any friendships we had and possibly breaking up the guild. Besides if the guild in rank 1 via trophy should have all the gems they already need so why should they be guarenteed to get more than any other guild just because they have been playing longer? that takes away the chance that newer loyal players have. ive been playing for about a year every day of the week several hours of the day, and just because i found out about this game after so many thousands of people did they should automatically get ranked higher in guild wars?

what if a rank 500 guild has 30 players that use all color and no troops die every match of the week, but the rank 1 guild loses a few for whatever reason, and just because the the unfair point bonus they are still rank 1 or 2 while the rank 500 guild is ranked around 500!

1 Like

I like the idea of brackets.
I don’t like that it seems like MM will never compete in the first bracket based on the fact that there are 22 guilds above us who compete as much, or more than we do.

I like that rewards scale with victory.
I don’t like that the rewards scale is still based on 1-last place despite the brackets.

I think the better option would be to bracket based on Statue level and/or Trophy production (great idea @AeroCloud) and then regardless of bracket the first place winner receives X reward, 2nd receives Y reward, 3rd gets Zreward, etc.

Now I know that the immediate argument is that the first place guild is fighting “harder” battles and deserve “more” rewards… but… Are they? I am in a bracket fighting COMPARABLE opponents, I think its safe to assume that Guild #3347-3357 are also fighting COMPARABLE opponents, meaning their victories mean as much to them as mine do to me.

The prize/reward of moving up a Bracket is that you get to say that you are moving up. If you feel like there needs to be a tangible reward then perhaps make it something incidental, like all participants in Bracket 1 receive 100,000 gold for reaching that Bracket. Bracket 2 participants receive a bonus of 75,000, etc. But it should be awarded to ALL participants within the bracket as a reward for reaching said bracket.

tl;dr- 1st-10th place victory in the WEEKLY WAR should be a static reward for ALL Brackets, imho :wink:

1 Like

Something that might be interesting to help guilds that want to advance through Guild Wars would be granting Statue levels based on finishing location in their bracket.

Now these numbers aren’t based on any analysis, but just to outline the idea:

1st in bracket: All statues get +3 levels
2nd: All statues +2 levels
3rd: All statues +1 level.

Since weekly tasks gold levels aren’t tied to statue level, I don’t think this would penalize everyone, but it would give real bonuses, for the statues not just in GWs, for guild that have lower level statues and can’t really generate enough gold to raise them. It would also give GW focused guilds a catch up method.

Am I missing something that would penalize guilds I’d be looking to reward?

1 Like

I’m not voting because I disagree with all four statements.

My only complaint about GW so far is the Death Knight is too powerful and we might end up needing to not NERF it but make a list of forbidden cards in GW in the same way a Magic Tournament limits the cards being used.

Today, attacking in GW, a DK wiped three of my team on the first round of being death marked, so I definitely see it as a OP tactic to have DK on your defense for GW. That being said, after my team got wiped by DK I added DK to my defense.

WORSE - the DK was stunned when he death marked my entire group so we definitely have a bug in that code!!! Its like the Infernal King resurrecting when he’s stunned.

2 Likes

I added DK to my defense last night after a similar thing. And of course, I lost pretty much every defense afterward. So who knows what the deal is. DK (and Death Mark in general) takes away a lot of the mystique of GW, IMO.

As for the bug, yeah it’s a sequencing issue. Death is first (similar to when Elspeth summons a knight but the match ends anyway) so the stun status effect disappears (because the troop is dead). Then the trait procs. They need to get it fixed as it’s really going to screw up GW at some point.

1 Like

I absolutely don’t like this idea. There is already enough pressure/burnout associated with trophy production. (And, that is coming from someone in a guild that is in Top 10 for trophy gains.)

3 Likes

Responding generally to a bunch of the above comments.

I don’t mind the way the rewards are according to the brackets, and I remember/agree with what Sirrian said about every bracket getting first place rewards being problematic and also removing the “giant carrot” at the very top. I also don’t mind how the initial brackets were seeded.

I also don’t want trophies to dictate or have an effect on Guild Wars. They are different competitions, and guilds should be able to focus on one, the other, both or none. GW should not give trophy bonuses, and trophy results should not affect GW’s.

So if I got to decide how to fix it, all I’d do is make the colour bonuses static and equal for everyone. Older/veteran guilds/teams have an inherent advantage with their kingdom/guild bonuses and deep troop rosters already. And for Guild Wars they already received the advantage of starting in the top brackets. But going forward they would need to earn the right to stay by winning. With a static colour bonus that all teams get, and relegating the top one or two teams up a bracket and the bottom teams down a bracket, all teams would have a legitimate path to work their way to the top by strategy and winning. As an example, a tenth bracket team could potentially be in the #1 bracket in 2 months if they dominate, even if they don’t bother levelling guild statues. Just an idea…

9 Likes

[quote=“beanie42, post:33, topic:23090, full:true”]But going forward they would need to earn the right to stay by winning.
[/quote]

:+1: QFT :+1:

This is the exact change that I would like to see happen. I’m not sure why they tied them to guild statues.

As an alternative, at least give us the chance to earn more XP for our statues. Right now, they are basically capped because basic tasks are capped. Let legendary tasks add to statue XP gain.

But really, the fairest solution would be a static color bonus over 60%.

7 Likes

You’re fine with most guilds not being able to win back what they spend on guild statues? This makes absolutely no sense to me. That be like paying $500 to enter a poker tournament with a $350 grand prize. Sure you don’t technically “have” to pay $500 but if you don’t, you only get 3 cards each hand instead of 5.

3 Likes

Except this functions just like a poker tournament in that you’re paying 500 Gems to potentially win 1500 Gems…

There’s no way they would balance it so you’re guaranteed to get more Gems than what you put in. That makes no sense.

You’re not understanding something fundamental here, @Delinquent, only the top 10 guilds who are in the Tier 1 bracket have a chance at winning the 1,500 gems. So no, it’s nothing like your example.

2 Likes

It’s quite simple: Spend less Gems that what you’ll get back. Boom. Profit.

Lol you’re still not really grasping the issue. Let me break it down for you:

What I’m saying is that each tier, which is made up of 10 guilds should have a chance at winning more than they put in, not that all 10 guilds win more.

Example: 1 - Tier 1 guild

Price to fully trait your statues: 300 gems

Prizes for winning (by place):

1. 1,000 gems
  2. 750 gems
  3. 500 gems
  4. 250 gems
  5. 150 gems
  6. 100 gems
  7. 50 gems
  8. 25 gems
  9. 10 gems
  10. 10,000 gold

So in this example, only the first 3 guilds in this tier actually make more gems than they spend. The other guilds get a little bit back but are still out most of the gems spent. This incentivizes players to try to win because the risk/reward is appealing. Still only 3/10 are actually making a “profit” so it works for the devs, too.

Example: 2 - Tier 10 guild

Price to fully trait your statues: 100 gems

Prizes for winning (by place):

1. 300 gems
  2. 200 gems
  3. 150 gems
  4. 100 gems
  5. 75 gems
  6. 50 gems
  7. 25 gems
  8. 10 gems
  9. 5 gems
  10. 1,000 gold

So you can easily see, as you go lower in the tiers, the potential rewards are less (so there’s always a reason to want to rise up the tier ranks) but the costs are also comparatively less.

There’s no reason to “spend less” gems; there’s every reason to spend more gems. It’s a win/win for players and the devs.

@Saltypatra - is there any reason that the rewards weren’t setup this way? I see no downside at all.

4 Likes

This has been discussed, in depth, already. You can’t do the rewards that way b/c you run out of reward tiers too quickly OR you create a system where it’s more profitable to place well in a worse bracket. There was an epic discussion with tons of feedback from the devs. That’s why you get a +50% XP bonus and 50 Seals for winning each day. That’s also why there are now brackets with groups of 10. All of that came from this discussion. Seriously, it’s old. Move on.