Guild Wars - Sneak Peek II

So… You mean… no more pitchforks?

(I detect it is safe to meme as this thread seems to have simmered down)

4 Likes

No worries, my friend; I can guarantee you that if I tried to speak Portuguese it would be complete gibberish so I applaud you. I wish I spoke more languages but I guess I am too lazy to actually learn them. :wink:

2 Likes

People need to save their pitchfork energy for Sneak Peak III. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

She figured out my plan! Who told her my plan!?

I blame @ogunther!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m magical like that.
Asha nods sagely.

4 Likes

TL;DR put back the rewards for each Guild Battle so players will fight seriously but give one week to play the 5 fights and not only one day.

I agree with your point: each Guild Battle should be important. And in the first versio than @Sirrian presented, it was.

But I have to disagree on the daily part: why a guild should be more skillfull than others just because all their members can play everyday?
The Challenge will be about using teams based on one specific color. Nothing to do with disponibility of players…
Imagine that your guild can do during the day his 150 battles and the guild in front of you do only 100 battles. Okay, you win because you did more battles than them. Is it not more challenging if both guilds do his 150 battles and the winner is the one that you use the better team related to the color? Because if you want to maximize your points, you will have to use 4 troops with one similar color, but I think it will be more risky to use a team like that. So there will be a sort of rewards (in terms of points) for taking some risks and it looks to me the interesting part of this Guild Battle.

1 Like

I really wish this thread would be locked.

2 Likes

haha, if you’re not interested you can always just mute it.

5 Likes

i would favour not having people know the results of the ‘war’ until when the results are posted. the element of surprise would make things more interesting.

i would also favour a system that doesn’t benefit nor penalise people/guilds for different playing styles, and by this i mean when they choose to play their matches.

finally, i think it’s good to have these discussions, it shows there’s still passion in and for the game, i would be more worried if the devs gave us a preview of some big change to the game and everyone was just like, ‘meh …’

7 Likes

QFT

You know a game is on death’s doorstep when people are “meh” about changes.

7 Likes

Yep. I know I can uninstall a game when I quit reading the new patch notes lol

3 Likes

Yeah Ogunther is right, unmotivated is overall better. Also you’re correct, the #1 thing in this game that makes me want to stop playing or play less, is when people around me are unmotivated. Like when you get 800 trophies(as an example) and everyone else in your guild gets 300, it’s like why am I even trying? Now of course that doesn’t make them bad people, but your interests just don’t align.

So you can start to play less and less because nobody seems to care about it, thus making you not care about it.

3 Likes

I didn’t read anything past that. +1 like

4 Likes

Haha, I feel you brother …

Damn, I had to go look up QFT!

Noob-alert for me.

2 Likes

perhaps you will need to communicate with the guild about WHO will defeat WHICH team :stuck_out_tongue:
and then the communication is required :slight_smile:

i think you are focusing on the wrong aspect of gw (timing of battles)

the regular 5 battles a day add danger if the points you can earn depend on the current ranking of you and the enemy - if that ranking changes daily or in real time its more exciting etc etc (coz you must time your attacks well) but i think thats wrong way to go as it leads to turning guild war into a job, adds unecessary stress and pressure and opens countless possibilities of targetting attacks abuse

2 Likes

PvP is the best way to get gold. But there are 2 additional ways to gain even more: increase # of kingdoms that are level 10 with more stars and increase how often you collect tributes. The more stars you have on each Level 10 kingdom factored in with the number of times you log in for hourly tributes daily gives you more gold collected. Some players can get 150k+ weekly this way.

1 Like

150k is still a silly number compared to pvp gain and when you calculate how much gold in pvp is offered if you dont have your team score actually maxed it adds up
but yeah its still an alternative… for ppl who dont have time to play actively but can still collect tributes :slight_smile:

Me waiting for Guild Wars Sneak Peak 3 to show up on the forums:

4 Likes

Right there with you @ogunther!!

2 Likes