Guild Wars - Sneak Peek I

You’re exactly right which is why I said more than once that I was addressing the subsequent speculation, NOT Sirrian’s original post.

Absolutely, that was the essence of my last response to Don.

2 Likes

Thank you for the teaser! REALLY looking forward to more bits as we get closer to release. My favorite part is the focus on building guild communication and rewarding guilds that have or are becoming great in this aspect. The best leaders (GM’s or whatever you call them) will emerge with well-balanced high-activity guilds and have the definitive advantage in this upcoming layer of play.

5 Likes

The Devs absolutely HAVE demonstrated they care. What do you think the big long list of troop tweaks is? Them pulling stuff out of their ass? The upcoming change to Bone Dragon is the DIRECT result of player feedback.

5 Likes

The Troll nailed you so badly, earlier and still does… hahahaha…

At least man up and say that you were wrong about this user. lol

1 Like

I think that it’s a) insufficient and b) really insufficient.

Also - anything re: Bane Dwagon is vapor until it actually happens. Based on todays “tweaks” it will also be insufficient.

I normally don’t get involved in blatant trolling, but you got me with this one… on two accounts.

First: Players that sit at the “top table”, I am guessing as a member of Mean Machine the 30th ranked Guild, you would claim I have said seat. Let me tell you that a year ago, I was just reloading this game on my phone cause I wanted to see if I still liked it. I was in a defunct guild that was doing anything, so I quit, and somehow lucked into Mean Machine which was in the mid 150s at the time. It was not privilege but HARD WORK. Consistent play that brought us through the ranks. While I may be an active player, I am by no means a hardcore player. There may be whales above me that drop crazy money into gems or what not, but I have everything I have from working for it and earning it. Period. No silver spoon, no “top table.”

Second: Calling out the support team for not reading tickets is probably the most foolish thing you could have done. Anybody that plays this game regularly and submits “appropriate” tickets, ie a bug caused a loss of resources, gets a response. GoW has one of the BEST support depts I’ve ever seen and Ive been gaming over 20 years.

tl;dr- @mgla Do us all a favor please, and take a break from the forums. Even @htismaqe is calling you out on your superfluous negativity. Just give it a rest. Please. :no_mouth:

20 Likes

Without seeing what results the changes produce, it’s simply factually impossible to say they were insufficient.

3 Likes

I read your reply again, and I know what you say.
but I think that as a concept of Guild Wars, I still disagree with you.
Guild War is a competiton. I think more dedicate guilds earn more , and enjoy GW more.
You might don’t want to change your mates, then you have to give up something.
it’s a greed that to protect your casual royalty members and enjoy Guild Wars like top active guilds at once.

6 Likes

That’s weird, my personal experience is that when it gets to caring about player feedback, the devs here are easily top tier. And they definitely don’t play favorites, just look at the recent guild update, that reduced the “top table” income a lot while benefiting smaller guilds. Have you considered that what you are putting into those support tickets might actually be the reason for them to barely get read half the time?

13 Likes

@Mgla, is everything okay in your life? It seems like you were a perfectly decent member of the community for the first month, then a flip switched two weeks ago and now you’re incredibly negative all the time. Maybe take a break from the game? Work? School?

Unrelated to that, I suspect we’ll see a system where guilds with similar numbers of members of a similar level of progression will face off against one another. However, I also suspect you’ll need to be in a 30 member guild of high level players to compete at the highest levels. That’s basically how all guild wars systems work, and that’s as it should be.

5 Likes

‘The Dead Hate The Living’

2 Likes

ROFL

Okay, that’s interesting.

1 Like

Yes. My life is perfectly fine. Thank you for caring.

The “switch” that flipped was when I realized the blatant favoritism and tgat the devs really only care about giving things to the people they’ve already given everything to.

The game is ok. I like the game, that’s why I’m here. That’s why I spent money on the game. Had I known a bit more about the developers, I wouldn’t have spent that money on the game.

The “jokes on everyone” moment is that had the game not been interesting enough to spend money on, I wouldn’t have had my game locked up by the server falling over. Which means I wouldn’t have found the forum while trying to find a way to contact the developers about the issue I ran into.

Youtube Darkened Noturne Slaughtercult The Dead Hate The Living Live

Two things…

1. @Mgla funny, you keep typing but all i see is
    Jus’ sayin’

2. @Sirrian with regards to guild wars
    I cant wait!!!

8 Likes

I do not have any words…

@Jainus make sure that your kids don’t watch this!

2 Likes

I’ll make sure I don’t follow up on that so I don’t feel bad for what I’ll miss. :smile:

It’s still early, but GW could be fun. I just hope it’s fun even for people who get a terrible result. :wink:

4 Likes

They’re a tame performance compared to a number of other bands that I listen too.

Too much for my taste… Do you even know 1% of the lyrics of the songs or what they are singing about?

About the Guild Wars, I am looking forward to Sneak Peek II :slight_smile:

3 Likes