Guild Wars - Sneak Peek I

In a real world, thosw that do the most, get the most.
Why would a different logic apply here? If a guild has 30 of the most active players in game, it should beat every other guild. Only seems normal. Dont like? Play more then them. If you dont want to play more dont complain that they get more because they play more.

3 Likes

This isn’t the real world. It’s a GAME. Most people play games to ESCAPE the real world.

Furthermore, this isn’t about individual people playing more. This is about encouraging and sometimes forcing the top players to congregate in a few very powerful guilds because the game mechanics don’t encourage anything else.

Thankfully, it appears the Devs understand this and are looking to address it without penalizing those top guilds.

3 Likes

So you think a player that does 10 pvp battles should have same stuff like a player that does 500 battles a week? Is your switch for logic on off?

1 Like

We’re talking about guilds, not players. You might want to check your own switch because you’re off-topic.

Ok, so this is COMPLETE AND TOTAL SPECULATION… BUT

@sirrian really liked the idea of BOSS battles that required you to defeat 4 PARTS of an enemy. Say a big dragon with Head, Body, Wings, and Tail as the 4 troops. He also expressed an interest in battles that had a POOL of Armor and Life which would persist and require multiple players to partake. Combine those two things and what do you get…

A BIG BOSS battle against an opponent guild’s GUILD GUARDIANS with CRAZY STATS that will require a coordinated effort from the attacking Guild to defeat their opponent!!

Also you take Guardian levels add them up divide by 6 and the devs now have a numeral by which to compare and correlate guilds. In this way making sure that the matchups are balanced… just sayin’

:wink:

6 Likes

Oh but i am completely on topic.
Lets apply what you are saying to guilds: a guild that earns 1000 trophies a week should have same rewards as a guild that earns 10k+?
Top guilds are hindered enogh with limitation on how many basic tasks can be completed in a week.

2 Likes

This sounds very interesting efh :slight_smile:

You’re still off-topic. Trophies (at least not until they reveal they do) have nothing to do with Guild Wars.

It’s not about activity volume. Nor is it about rewards. Guild Wars, from what Sirrian posted, will be a set and specified set of ARRANGED battles. It’s finite and completely unlike normal PVP.

The subsequent speculation was about whether ALL members of a guild would be expected to participate. For a lot of guilds, most guilds in fact, that’s neither practical or possible.

The only guilds in the game that could successfully deploy all 30 members in a set event are the ones that actually have 30 active members. Most of the guilds in the game don’t.

Forget about the rewards, a vast majority of the guilds in the game won’t even get to participate in the first place if they can’t pick and choose a handful of active members to fight for them.

1 Like

Translation- more stuff for the people tgat already have everything.

@Sirrian the “best guilds with the best players” already win. They don’t neef more guaranteed “win”. Maybe you guys could spend a few minutes on throwing some scraps to all of the dogs that don’t get to sit at the table with the pet guilds?

2 Likes

@Mgla

Please stop. You’re not helping the situation at all by being overly antagonistic. I want more equity, just as you do, but nobody listens when you’re outwardly hostile all the time without even being provoked.

11 Likes

I don’t know why you said that a problem.
I don’t understand whole thing what you said though, I think it’s a simple rule.
More active guild enjoys more, that’s all.
if you want to participate all members, then manage strongly to mates to fight.
if you can’t, then accept your situation.
Why you always complain?

1 Like

If speaking the truth is hostility, then so be it.

You do realize that the ratio of truly active players to casual players in this game is like 1:1000?

This isn’t about rewards, it’s about barriers to participation. If Guild Wars are going to require a fully-stocked active guild, the vast majority of guilds won’t be able to participate at all, let alone reap any rewards.

Fortunately, as I’ve said repeatedly, that was the subsequent discussion by us here and not AT ALL reflects anything Sirrian said.

As for me always complaining, try not cherry picking my comments. I’ve contributed plenty to this forum outside of complaints.

2 Likes

Most of the guilds dont have 30 active members? I did 160-170 pvp battles last week and was only in high 20k rank. There are tons of active players. Maybe there are to many guilds in game, but there are at least 200 guilds with 30 members playing daily.
Get you head out of the sand and see the truth. People who perform good want to be with other people that perform good. Those that dont, dont care where they are.

2 Likes

Choosing the way in which you articulate your argument is completely separate from the argument itself.

6 Likes

I’m not abandoning my guild mates just because they don’t pull down 1000 trophies a week. Some of us don’t play games to be assholes.

The game can (and should be) designed to accommodate multiple play styles, not just those that want to aggro their way to the top.

7 Likes

At any rate, this thread is about Guild Wars, which will hopefully go a long way to address the existing problems with guilds in this game. This isn’t the place to argue about those problems.

1 Like

If the devs demonstrated that they actually cared about player feedback from anyone that doesn’t get to sit at the “top table”, I’d care. But they don’t. Their representatives barely read what’s put in support tickets half the time.

Okay, Sorry to say rude.
but as I see, there are no reasons that Guild Wars require a fully-stocked active guild.
I don’t know that My understanding is true or not, Rank1 or 2 means that GuildMaster or someone that right below rank can register guild war.

One thing is not related or unrelated to the other. In the “Realm of Maybe” couldn’t you ask if your guildies can do a bigger push every now and then? I understand that repetition undermines the joy of the game, but it is a necessary evil to a certain extent.

Also let’s just wait for more information as it is provided in the given time. Maybe we will speculate too much and rise some unfounded hopes or frustrations for no reason…

4 Likes