Guild Wars - Sneak Peek I

Mad about what? I’m not mad. Just trying to clear up your misconceptions.

3 Likes

Yeah i’m just waiting til next week so I can buy some more guild seal packs. I hate having to wait for things. :rage:

But about the Mythic troops, I don’t save keys for them. So i’m never disappointed. That being said, I wouldn’t mind being able to target them. Whatever they want to do.

Then you’d realize that I’m not bringing up a “misconception”.

The point is to add stuff to the game that makes people “want” to log in, not feel like they “have” to log in.

If you can’t see where this falls, I can’t help you and you’re better off not responding to my posts. You’ve made it clear that my presence here makes you anxious and upset and I hope I’ve made it clear that I wouldn’t pour a flat Coke on you if you were on fire.

I think you missed the original point.

Most of us are already logging in every day. Implementing something like this would essentially be free currency for doing something we already do.

So the whole “want” vs. “need” doesn’t even apply.

5 Likes

Coke’s gross anyway. (Also, I don’t really value your opinion of me.)

@htismaqe has it right. People log in as it is and the changes as proposed would essentially be giving you something for “free.” You’re constantly whinging about how you want everything handed to you on a silver platter, this basically is a way for you to get that (with patience), and still you complain. I suppose there’s no satisfying some folks, but it’s quite disingenuous to call this a reward “for the chosen few” when the reason why it resonates with everyone except you is that it doesn’t favor the “haves.”

6 Likes

Why you gotta be nasty to people?

Get behind me, Satan!

5 Likes

It would make little sense for them to introduce a system where you can get Mythics in <=30 days. People would then be able to grind for every new Mythic as they’re released and there would be no reason to spend on them. And since you can drop them randomly in many other places, you would invariably get some and save those resources. It thus needs to take considerably more than 30 days to craft a Mythic. Otherwise it essentially defeats the purpose of having a super rare card that people spend money on chasing.

6 Likes

[quote=“Xantheus, post:287, topic:20006”]
I’m hoping that some day they can add a feature something along the lines of Raid Bosses. Where your guild can cooperatively fight a boss and its minions to obtain a currency that can be used towards the guild and upgrading it for Guild Wars such as upgrade to armor, attack, magic, life (Upgrade only works for GuildWars/GuildBossRaids). This upgrade can reset monthly if need be…

To unlock the Boss Fight the guild has to defeat each guardian (With its own set of troops) in order to get guardian seals, once every seal is obtained the boss is encountered. Just random ideas that can give people a PVE end to enjoy as well if they don’t care for the PVP end as much but still want to contribute. (Guild Wars giving points as well as the Boss battle in Raids giving its own set of points can give players incentive to play both)

Points in both Guild Raid and Guild Wars can be used as a special currency in being able to buy “artifacts” that can be put together to “Summon” a mythic. It could even be where a certain mix of artifacts can make a specific mythic spawn but not let it be known which mix makes what so it’s as if you’re learning how to summon them. You then unlock the option of giving them offerings to have them join you. Have a ton of souls you have to offer them in order to give them life force, then keys of certain rarities and gold for tribute/payment. I think this would be an interesting way of going about it.
[/quote] I was hoping to get feedback on this idea as I felt it would be more fun than a daily log in token which means no new content and just the same old grind of “Gotta log in to get my token” I felt at least with this idea we could have more things to do to make it more interactive and fun.

My new pet conspiracy theory: Mgla is actually Pasa and forgot his log-in credentials.

8 Likes

This makes a great deal of sense.

Part of the reason I didn’t give any feedback is because we still have no idea what Guild Wars is really going to look like, or what the promised ‘stuff you can’t get anywhere else’ will be. It presumably has nothing to do with any kind of crafting or troop-targeting system, since Sirrian didn’t comment on the possibility of that until after the Sneak Peek had started.

My one comment on your raid currency idea would be that I wouldn’t necessarily want any kind of crafting or targeting mechanism to be tied to guild activity, as that would really limit the availability of this to casual players or those that like to play solo. Anything based on Guild Wars is going to tend to reward the more active and hardcore players/guilds disproportionately more, which further increases the difference between the haves and have nots.

2 Likes

I think i fairly remember this one… If i would place a bet i would go with some fake account of someone already between us or someone “freshly departed” per say…

@Sirrian Why do I get the feeling this is similar to the console tasks when you state in point 4: It has to promote diversity of teams? When completing any one of those, console players get a reward. Its something the PC/ Mobile half have not experienced. So if I understand it correctly, a guild member must defeat the other guild member [in guild wars] using a team of 3-4 troops that use the same mana/ race, or come from the same kingdom? Rewards are more similar to rank PvP and the top guild members will receive something special based on their personal guild standing as hinted in Point 6? How exactly would this rewarding system work between a 30-member guild and a 1-member guild? Not that they will fight one another, but when rewarded for participating, only one in thirty will be #1 in the former while the latter will always be #1 for being the only one in their own guild? :neutral_face:

Pasa was a long-time community member that seemed to have nothing good to say about the game nor any faith in the dev team yet he was a forum regular and played the game a ton. So he would comment regularly, for like a year, about how bad the game was and everything he hated about it and how the dev team was doing everything wrong. I think he left once and for all with 2.0.

QFT

I truly hope they don’t tie crafting to guild activity at all. I want something that is controlled by my own activity.

5 Likes

He was also hostile toward other members and their opinions. Much like Mgla is toward Lyya. (Which I personally find hilarious for its many farcical qualities.)

1 Like

This x1000.

If I had to guess, a crafting system would require a wide array of activities. A good system would have some global pieces as well as pieces that can only be found in certain chests and certain systems. You’d want it to tie in to the core loop, so probably not Arena or TH, but Ranked PvP and Guild Wars would make a lot of sense, and probably Explores too.

2 Likes

2 Likes

It is possible to make something guild related without making it tied to the whole guild activity like the mechanic of collecting seals that improves the guild chests.

A few mini-games that are playable on the guild only comes to mind, maybe in the future…

1 Like