Guild wars issue enemy guild

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android, version 4.3.007

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The enemy guild that we were supposed to be fighting in guild wars today has 0 members. No one in our guild is able to do any battles. We are second in our bracket this week and this could make the difference between 1st and 2nd for us by not getting any points._

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This is the first time this has happened.

Steps to make it happen again
No special steps necessary.

1 Like

This happened to my guild yesterday. We are in the same tier as Choo Choo Champions and we were scheduled to play OdessaForever yesterday. We ended up finishing the day with a 0 to 0 loss, even though we wanted to play. It looks like OdessaForever abandoned their own guild sometime between the beginning of the Guild War week and yesterday, as they actually earned some points over the week. :frowning:

Not sure if anything can be done but perhaps adjustments could be made for all guilds that were scheduled to play them after they went down to 0 members? And please make sure they are not registered for the next Guild War if there is nobody in the guild.

1 Like

Same with my Guild. 3rd in our bracket. Screenshot below.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear about this, for all of you :slightly_frowning_face:. This has happened before with other guilds, and this is the latest I’ve heard about it:

I linked some of the other threads on the issue in this post:

1 Like

Yikes (10char)

1 Like

Basically you’re shit out of luck. This is just part of the Guild Wars design, as far as I can tell from the dev response. If you try really hard, and keep playing Guild Wars for the next 3 or 4 years, you’ll be able to get past the brackets where there are 0-member guilds.

1 Like

Not quite the same issue because all of our opponents had at least 1 member, so we got to fight. Over the course of the week, not one of our opponents fought a single battle. What I don’t understand is how these guilds are automatically registering for guild wars without any action by their membership. If nobody registers their guild to fight, they shouldn’t be scheduled to fight in any bracket. Why is this not the case?

Registering is easy. They could very well have just been exploring the Guild War menu at some point in the 3 weeks leading up to the actual event, clicked a couple of buttons to see what would happen, and then stopped playing or taken a break a week later, with no option to reverse it (I will reserve my opinions about this for Feedback threads :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

I suppose that’s possible but for all 6 opponents to do that seems highly unlikely; a bit too much of a coincidence. If you had pressed a few buttons as you suggest, wouldn’t you at least want to see what you had activated and have at least 1 scrim? Didn’t know you could register for wars 3 weeks in advance. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I think there are plenty of guilds that register with no intention of winning—or even playing at all—just for the base level rewards of a free card and such.

Wow, that mindset is beyond my comprehension. A card or two for an inactive guild won’t amount to much in the scheme of things. Seems more like game sabotage to delay progression of the guilds who actually do want to participate. It can’t be easy for the devs to distinguish I am sure, bit if a registered guild fights no battles then surely coding can recognise that and separate the wheat from the chaff by demoting them 10 brackets each time until they actually engage.

Oh, I don’t disagree that it’s a pretty :poop: thing for people to do, and l also think any guild that doesn’t have a single person fight a single battle should be automatically booted to the bottom of the rankings, but I definitely think there are some people clogging the pipes without even realizing (or caring about) the effect they’re having on people who do want to rise to an appropriate bracket quickly!

1 Like

Yes I am sure some just do it accidentally. It’s no big issue at the moment because as I said we are a new guild with 10 or so players less than lvl 100 and it’s good practice for them to fight and gain confidence by facing weak opposition. At least we got to fight each day.