Guild Wars Going Forward

edit due to content

1 Like

edit due to content

2 Likes

I could go into this whole story about the community aspect of GW that kept me in that game, but that’s a long thing.
To the point - Some players like myself have only kept up with this game for Guild Wars. Getting on discord chat and streaming, working through problems and such, it was a lot of fun. Without that, I’ve found myself wanting to play less and less, and last Monday I signed out of my account and donated all my gold to my guild.
I’m just going to say that after the Monday and Tuesday “But what about my tributes”, I haven’t felt so free in a long time. No checking the game every hour, no trying to figure out what glitch is happening, no checking “Is guild wars coming back?”. Literally nothing.
It’s been a great whatever, 5, 6 years that I’ve played. I had a lot of fun being paragon in B1, getting through the delves, melting E12 with Diamantina and then Stellarix.
It’s time I hang up my hat.

Y’all are a great community and too bad Gems WAS a great game.

14 Likes

edit due to content

1 Like

I loved the concept of guild wars but I feel looping teams on offense and defense destroy it as well as randomness of the initial lay out.

Create a static start board for everyone. So everyone starts at same point but then will randomly drop.

Extra turns. With wand of stats and other troops a team can be set up with almost infinite looping potential. For guild wars I’d put a cap on extra turns based off round counter. So turn 1 you and opponent can each only get 1 extra turn. Turn 2 can both get 2 extra turns … turn 20 can both get 20 extra turns. This way both teams get a chance in the beginning.

I liked how in defense you were rewarded for using unique troops. This should be applied to both attack and defense.

1 Like

I do not know about others, but Xbox needs to somehow give a huge reward for winning the day. If you can’t play 5 battles a day, then maybe get in a guild that does not care. Otherwise, get rid of daily score.

It is a joke that that weekend streaming guilds take the top ranks. It’s like clockwork, the bottom 3 magically become the top 3. There needs also a way to see opponents score per battle. I was in a guild that won 5 of 6 days was top going into Sunday and finished 5th. That just seems wrong.

I really do not get how the ‘best’ guilds have to have members that do not have integrity to play the game themselves. Streaming should be considered cheating in my book.

Also the ‘top’ guild have brother and sister guilds, that needs to be addressed. There has been talk of teams knowing the order and making D teams easier. IOW, battle order needs to be randomized and lock D teams at start of the week.

It’s because you really did not win 5 days. The guilds at the bottom that end up on top it’s because they do not rush their players and end up with losses. I call that hurry up and lose so we can win the day but lose the week. The streamers I know stream everyday so those are not the ones doing their battles on the weekend. It’s more likely people that work a job and some work 12 hour days. If you think you really won a day the best way to even see if you are ahead is take the score divided by completed battles to even see if you are actually ahead or not. The guilds that are taking their time are the guilds that are winning because they are not rushing their players into losses. You might try that instead of bashing the guilds that are successful but I digress

4 Likes

It’s a daily GW, get over it. They have daily battles and scores. Thus, it should be treated that way. If you do not show up for your battle, then you should have a major negative impact. It’s called being there for you team. I think the winner or the day should get a 10 percent score bonus based on the days result not accounting for slackers.

The 12 hour a day I work is a cry me a river. You can take 10 minutes out of your so hard of a day and play a game. If not, then get in a lower guild.

Right now it seems like our elections, stuffing the ballot box with just enough score, after you know what your opponent scored.

4 Likes

im with this 100%

1 Like

What kind of weird conspiracy theory is that? People aren’t going to risk losing, and the daily wins aren’t worth anything. What counts is the weekly win.

I think you have to get over it to be honest.

Or alternatively, in my other game you can sign up for two GWs days of 6 and play against an equal enemy team. Say 3 people have signed up for your day you’ll find against a team of 3 from a guild in your range.

But that’s a whole other type of concept there, and the leader boards are only for bragging rights. You win points with your team, a win or draw gives you a multiplier of 1.5x - and with those points you can then buy things from a GWs shop.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Bramble and I have been furiously typing up a report on all the feedback given here so the team can look it over next week. Nimhain has also been popping in to read what’s being said.

We will keep tracking new feedback and discussions happening here, and the discussion has been really great so far.

Thanks all so much for taking the time to discuss this together at such length and in such detail, it’s really constructive and useful information.

We’re so happy we can involve you in this so early on.

If you celebrate it have a great Easter weekend, and if not, just have a great weekend!

9 Likes

My two cents, I didn’t read everything posted so far, but here are my answers for their worth.

1.) What did I love? It was a group event going toward a group goal.

2.) What new features would I like to see. I would like to see guild wars become something fun and crazy as opposed to serious. Two guilds pitched at each other on a day. I would love for the troop selection to be random, I would love to see a point system where even losses earn points against a chart of rewards for the day, with a larger chart for all guilds involved for the week. (For example, perhaps two combatants get the challenge (one of many possibilities that they get somewhat like you have PVP but with the character choices being even more limited or we will see what is already happening in PVP where once again only the best teams are being used.) of 4 commons vs. 4 commons. Player A wins and Player B loses. (This is determined by the two players playing against each others defense team and the player with the higher score wins.) Player A earns 10pts and player B earns 5pts. Those totals are added up with all 30 members of the guild giving you a range of 150 - 500 points. Daily rewards are based on that score and that total score is added to the weekly score (6 days). At the end of the guild wars, all guilds total their points and compare to a chart that has a score range of 900 - 3,000 with every one hundred points going up giving a slightly and truly only slightly better reward. (Giving huge reward differences is one of the reasons a lot of guilds don’t like playing guild wars as it favors the already established , more powerful guilds.) The ranking of the guilds can still be handled as they were with the old guild wars after that.

3.) How often would you like Guild Wars to run? For myself not at all. But I recognize that some players do like it, so perhaps quarterly. This would give your team enough time to determine some cool random fair match ups of different troop types/rarities.

My biggest problem with guild wars is the guild toxicity. There are some guilds where every player loves guild wars, there are some where everyone hates guild wars. Those guilds tend to be find. The biggest problem are guilds with mixed players that care and don’t care and this creates a rift in the guild where the ones that care more tend to get upset if the ones that don’t do not score “enough”. While this is not your fault per se, people can freely choose to join/leave guilds, it is an environment that you have set up and can do something about it.

One of the greatest joys I had from old PVP was dialing up my three teams and seeing a goofy team of exploding characters or dynamite goats or 4 mongos…it brought a little levity to my day. That is currently gone with the current version of PVP which feels like I am playing twice or even three times as much to get the rewards to move my high level character forward. You could bring that levity back to guild wars instead and keep the PVP as the hardcore side of things now.

Games were meant to be fun not work. Just my two cents, and that is about all that it is worth.

Have a great Easter weekend and a I hope everyone has a great day. :grinning:

The Gray Ghost.

You know what i dont want? This. No one should be pining for the return of color restricted guild wars when this is what you have to look forward to. Oh i can beat it sure. But its usually “do they get a match from their empowereds to start the game?” If they do I just quit the match because ill be dead two stellarix casts later.

Then you now have takshaka. If guild wars has to come back it needs to be overhauled because if the old guild wars comes back as is…well lets just say we will all miss when doomed tomes were the most annoying thing

Using a Blood Frenzy zone with 50% higher enemy stats doesn’t really help prove a point.

You can only use a troop on defense once each week without losing points, so it’s not like you’ll see Takshaka spam either.

There’s also a lot of answers to Stellarix too, but it’s the opposite of slot machine, go fast win mentality of pvp.

Takshaka and Stellarix are strong, but some of these posts really blow it out of proportion.

12 Likes

I hated the doomed tome spam from guild war. I think you will see stellarix spam in a new guild wars and takshaka when able.

And i think it will be infinitely worse than doomed tomes ever were. They cannot bring guild chore…excuse me war back as it was with these new troops

1 Like
  • Get paired vs. a highly active/competitive Guild for the day
  • Every person in that Guild is running only one Empowered Wand Of Stellarix defense team
    (30 users / 6 days = only 5 per day)
  • You roll individual battles exclusively against those Stellarix teams

Curse you, RNG!

1. chances of 30 people in a guild having stellarix is very low
  2. if you decide to stack everyone’s stellarix on defense on one day, then you won’t have it on the other days
  3. it shows up as a defense for a guild that didn’t need that defense.

congrats

Hahahaha…can just fill the other days with Diamantina and Tashaka…

In high level brackets there won’t be no Stellarix nor Takshaka. People know that these troops are too vulnerable to freeze so they won’t add them to their lineups.

I understand these Stella/Shaka teams are annoying to deal with in the current PvP but trust me when I say all these can be countered if you just slow it down and think for a counter. Also, fight fire with fire gets you pretty far when it comes to fighting against empowered/book builds. There is a reason why top users go 30/0 in war after war after war.

There was nothing wrong in the old GWs gameplay and how it was structured. The reward system needs an overhaul though, something for the lower guilds to fight for you know.

Also it baffles me how some people are just “yes, remove whole guild wars”. There are entire guilds out there who only play this game for Guild Wars and this period of no war has been very boring to them. If wars really get you so upset, then just ignore them. Case closed. No one is forcing you. And if they are, then it is time to find another guild who treat GWs as no mandatory event.

I mean I dislike Arena event, it’s not very rewarding to me but I am not shouting out loud that the whole concept needs to be removed because I acknowledge there are still folks out there who enjoy the game mode. I just treat the Valor event as a free weekend! :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Someone forgot wand of stars. Which everyone has. They will just bless the freeze away

4 Likes