Guild Wars and sisters guilds

You shouldn’t make comments on situations that you know nothing about. Eika and I didn’t tell our guild about the offer. The first any of them saw about it was in this thread. Madking’s thread was started all on his own because of general rumors about people “actually” colluding last week.

Secondly, I didn’t "try’ to make anyone feel bad. I didn’t mention or even hint that Don was involved. He outed himself.

Also, you don’t get to tell me or anyone else what they can or can not say on this forum. I really have no idea who you think you are. But, I have been a part of this community for a long time. So, if I want to vent my hurt, anger or whatever for a game I loved and put a huge amount of energy into, I have the right to do so.

20 Likes

When designing a reward structure based on brackets then the first rule is that the last place of Bracket 1 is equitable to first place of Bracket 2, and so on and so forth all the way down. In this way a Guild that wins a bracket and moves up knows that they are guaranteed AT LEAST the same rewards of the previous week. Generally speaking, this will require I more metered dispersion of rewards and not the extremely top heavy distribution we have at the moment.

Outside of Bracket 1, there is very little stress…
Bracket 2, first place gets a little better reward, places 2-10 get the same.
Bracket 3 and below and all places 1-10 receive the same reward.

There is literally no reason outside of Bracket 1 to even try, other than enough to maintain your placement in the Bracket. Now, that being said, while inside Bracket 1, EVERY place matters and that is where things become super competitive.

6 Likes

The idea that this board suffers from group think and doesn’t allow dissenting opinions is completely and blatantly false.

There’s a half dozen different viewpoints expressed in this thread alone.

7 Likes

Calling @Saltypatra to lock up, as nothing productive can come out any further.

6 Likes

When their viewpoint isn’t the dominant one, then it’s group think and doesn’t allow their opinion. shrug

1 Like

NOT TRUE!!!

Everybody can take a break from this and enjoy some light reading! :grin:

5 Likes

Even if what you say is true, that is just a minor detail that does not change my point. In my opinion, the way you and your guildmates behaved in this thread was very wrong, possibly unforgivable. Surely more so than someone ‘cheating’ in a way that is not really illegal, but you personally happen to think as immoral.

Oh, really? Why do I not get to do to you the exact same thing you did to others and are doing to me now?

I did not, at any point, tell you you can’t do or say something. However, I have full right to think what you do and say is wrong, and I have full right to say what I think, just like you do.

1 Like

How my guildmates behaved? Immoral?? lol
Now, I’m completely convinced that you either haven’t read most of this thread or that you are being willfully disingenuous. There is nothing immoral about a single post I made. And yes, to those people that did or will collude in GW, I think their behavior is unethical and apparently, the devs don’t look on if favorably either. If that stings for some reason, so be it.

Nah. No one told anyone else what they could or could not write in this thread or the forum. The only person that did so was you.

By the way, needing your or anyone elses forgiveness is the most laughable thing you have ever posted.

4 Likes

I have no issues with voicing strongly held opinions and generally believe that’s best for everyone. However, from what I’ve observed, you have a tendency to demand to be heard, and a few like-minded buddies (guildmates?) are always there to back you up. This then spills over into other threads, into multiple new threads, etc., and you dominant the forums until you get your way or exhaust any dissenting voices. It often feels like it’s hard to have a conversation about anything other than agreeing with you whenever you get on a tear about something. That, I think is bad for the community.

5 Likes

What the heck are you talking about? Please feel free to give specific answers as that is so far removed from reality as to be laughable.

You can be self-reflective. I encourage you to do so. I think basically anything related to Guild Wars will suffice.

1 Like

@Delinquent i have not always agreed with you in the past but i do not dislike you. With that in mind i would like to say that calling @ogunther the pack leader that everyone piles on with is not accurate. How can he be a pack leader when he is a tree? Trees dont move therefore cant lead anything…

@efh313 i agree and i apologize for not being clear with my statement so let me clarify: wirh the reward system in place now there is no motivation to move up in brackets… i.e. the rewards GotO received week 1 were the same as we received week 2 and will be the same this week regardless of where we finish.

With little hope of being able to compete for top bracket the only motivation to advance is pride in my guild.

As to the rest i believe i have spoken my mind… I like many of the opposing ppl in this discussion and am very neutral on the topic in general. The person i most agree with is probably @Annaerith so take that fwiw…

And now i unfortunately also support the locking of this thread @Saltypatra

2 Likes

What? Only for asking the devs what is or not allowed in GW?

7 Likes

No offense intended, but that’s nonsense. You may think it’s wrong ( your opinion), but that’s completely irrelevant. The rules as defined by the devs state what is wrong and according to those rules what DonBoba did was not wrong.

1 Like

What a copout but honestly I’m not surprised. It’s easy to make baseless accusations but a little harder to back them up.

“Here take all these accusations!”

Um what are you basing them on?

“You figure it out!”

I’ll get right on that

3 Likes

Good point, and your story is less explosive then this thread (see what I did there :smirk: ).

7 Likes

Here is where i would post a meme saying “cybop sees what you did there” lol

2 Likes

I think that these two posts say all. Q&A, simple and straight

7 Likes

YES I DID!!

But you can only be in the know if you read

:innocent:

3 Likes

@efh313 ok ok ill read it… Gawd stomps outta the room

1 Like