Guild Rankings decreased from Top 50 to 25

I only see top 13 I think

1 Like

I’m sorry, but reducing/limiting a functionality is not called optimization. You have probably just modified a config parameter from 50 to 25. My little cousin could do that after a short briefing. Please do some actual work to provide the same (or even better) functionality while reducing your server load. Thanks!

To be honest, without Taransworld (and GoWDB) the game would be half as enjoyable and I would have probably quit a long time ago. These sites are just quintessentially part of the game.

7 Likes

Add me to the list of players who think this change is a mistake… please restore the “top 50” guilds, or, as many above have recommended, make it the top 100.

Thanks! :pig:

1 Like

Same here, both sites are so great and priceless - @Taransworld for preperation and anticipation and gowdb.com for optimization.
I also don’t understand, why Rankings like the Leaderboards from @Lyya are not ingame, should just be a simple Database Query, a small GUI = quick win! Most of Gems players surely would love more statistics and instead of implementing more, one of the existing (already a too short one) gets even shorter…

5 Likes

100% spot on

1 Like

it’s a tool for GM that should be integrated into the game, but it’s not there and now we do not even have external tools to examine / compare our trends. Please take a step back

1 Like

I have to agree with the sentiments already posted by fellow Guild leaders and players alike. I am very disappointed to see this information taken away. I also am in favor of not just returning it, but expanding it further. I also want to thank @Taransworld and @Lyya for their contributions to help all players. Their sites have become as essential to my Guilds and players as the game itself in matters of preplanning and decision making. Especially in regards to strategy and allocation of resources. There are many quotes that come to mind about the limiting of information. None of them are positive and none of them accurately fit. I do not feel this was done nefariously. I think maybe it was done because it was felt that none of us cared. Hopefully this thread will inform otherwise. Thank you for providing a forum for us to speak candidly and freely about what we desire from a game we all love.

5 Likes

Finally created a forum account just to voice my disappointment on that change. I contributed a lot to bring my guild into the top 50 and it doesn’t matter any more. Totally agree with the majority here, give us more in game infos, lists and rankings and don’t cut down on the already very limited existing ones. @Taransworld and @Lyya are essentially doing your job for you (big thanks from me, too!) and IMO they should not have to.

1 Like

Interestingly, the top 50 results are still being sent from the server to the client, it seems to be a display decision client-side to limit this list to 25. I can make a page that shows the top 50 guilds, though that’s really no substitute for this being available in-game.

11 Likes

Quick and dirty:

http://gowdb.com/extras/leaderboards/guilds

Note that this won’t work for consoles without some additional effort that I’ll only put in if this becomes a permanent fixture.

7 Likes

I see they created a new API. This is great (thank you devs).

Taran’s top 100 page is now fixed!!! Because of the new API we will now be showing the top 100 and updated every 30 minutes. :slight_smile:

Also… our Guild Rankings Max page which shows hundreds of guild rankings and historical charts. will be updated nightly! :grinning:

13 Likes

YES!!!

1 Like

Hi Taran!
Is there anyway to get the max 500 like you used to do?
Smaller guilds matter too :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, plan to work on that today/tomorrow. :slight_smile:
ps. it will also be enhanced because of the new API.

2 Likes

Thank you! Thank you so much :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

@Fiara, our Guild Rankings Max page which shows hundreds of guild rankings and historical charts is fixed and will be updated nightly! :grinning:

8 Likes

Thanks a bunches Taran :grin:
This is very helpful :heart:

1 Like

Looks like @Taransworld has this covered; I won’t invest time here then.

4 Likes

Id love console data as I am sure the rest of us not on PC would agree :smiley:

1 Like

+1
You could better optimize the game by toning down or removing trait-activation animations. This slot machine/artificial immersion/hypnosis tool is ruining the game in more ways than one.