Guild Chat on CONSOLE 2

Guild Chat on CONSILE is still somewhat broken. Sometimes posts do not appear after submitting it. Sometimes it stops displaying all new messages. Sometimes when logging in it only displays 1-2 items from the entire chat log.

Steps to replicate this.

Plug in a console and sign in to Gems, launch Chat.

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
ā€˜I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!ā€™

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spireā€™s quest loads instead of the Arena

1 Like

They said it was a part of the unity (lag) patch and they donā€™t know when it will be fixed

2 Likes

I missed that info, thanks for posting.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, my Global Chat hasnā€™t worked in months. Lol. Thankfully my Guild one still works.

Unfortunately, this isnā€™t apart of the Unity issue. Currently weā€™re unable to reproduce any issues with chat (on any platform) so we need more details on the problem to investigate.

@Strat and @JonathanStriker

1. When this happens, how long has the game been open for?
  2. Please describe your internet connection: Ethernet, WiFi, etc
  3. How many seconds does it take for the message to post on average?
  4. Which Room are you in? (Jonathan)
  5. Do you know roughly how long it takes for messages to come through (for example - if a Guild member happened to mention they contacted chat, or later you can load the ā€œ5 minutes agoā€)
  6. Iā€™ve made a minor adjustment to both of your accountā€™s chat data, please restart the game and let me know how this affected the chat (you may need to reconnect to a chat room from none)

So you saying when you test the chat it working perfectly?

Btw kafka told us it was unity so sorry about the bad information

1- any time. Sometime you type something and the chat is freezed. You try to switch from guild chat to global chat and it doesnā€™t work. You need to disconnect from the chat and reconnect to make it work again

2- internet connection doesnā€™t matter i tried ethernet and wifi and both does the same.

3- msg sometime doesnā€™t appear. Sometime it can take 1-2 min before you can see it

4- any room will do the same

5- like i said the chat freeze very often and randomly so hard to give a time but discconnect and reconnect from the chat usually fix it for limited time

1 Like

Canā€™t reproduce?? You have to be seriously F@ring kidding!!! I donā€™t thinking I have spoken to one single player on the x1 that hasnā€™t experienced it.

1. 3 seconds to 3 hours, and all times between.
  2. Wired. Incredible Iā€™m throttled to 150 down, 15 up. When Iā€™m in a MP game like Gears of War my ms ping to the servers is displayed, all the comments are that players have hardly ever seen numbers so low. Iā€™m a Major Metro area I donā€™t think far from a MS data center.
  3. Sometimes Never, sometimes 15-20 seconds, sometimes minutes.
  4. NA.
  5. Seems Immediate, never, or time mentioned in number 3

Finally, Thanks for looking in to this. Please type in Global Chat: Does anyone have chat issues? Or something like that, good luckšŸ˜

2 Likes
  1. My Global Chat was set to (none) like you mentioned. Iā€™m going to leave it set like that for awhile to see if It helps Guild Chat, the only one I care about.

I will see if it makes any difference and report back in a few days. Thanks.

Already have, unfortunately chat is not a suitable platform for diagnosing a complicated problem. Itā€™s more helpful if people submit tickets.

@Rickygervais

• please describe exactly what you mean by ā€œfreezeā€ - empty? loading? Canā€™t activate anything?
  • By Disconnect and reconnect do you mean clicking the green ā€œ:Disconnectā€ button or close the window? Or restarting the game?

@Strat
If the chat was at none when you connected, you might want to connect back to a new channel is what I meant. :slight_smile:

Please also send screenshots through if you can!

I mean if i write anything it wonā€™t register to the chat and if i try to switch from guild chat to global chat by pressing the ā€œLBā€
Button it doesnā€™t work

I mean clicking the green disconnect button

I dont see how in the world you all dont know its a issue. Very puzzling . global seems to work better then guild chat. But the toggle between global and guild chat happens all the time.

2 Likes

The problem is you are not in a guild that uses guild chat a lot. So youā€™ve probably never tested it under active guild conditions. If you could join a top xbox guild as the 31st player youā€™d see how chat stalls and freezes.

I donā€™t remember saying this.

We recognise this is an issue. We need more information and details on the problem in order to fix things. There are occasional comments in global chat of chat issues but if we donā€™t receive proper reports like Stratā€™s itā€™s impossible to investigate an issue and fully understand it beyond what we have already done. :slight_smile:

@truethat Can you please describe what you mean by the ā€˜toggleā€™ between global/guild?

back to the issue - Iā€™ve already added your other details on the issue to a report Ricky/Strat, thanks for your help. If anyone else has chat issues please let us know:

1. Describe the exact issue you have with chat (this may differ for some people).
  2. When this happens, how long has the game been open for?
  3. Please describe your internet connection: Ethernet, WiFi, etc
  4. If you have an issue posting messages: How long does it usually take to post a message?
  5. Which Chat Room are you in when the issues occur?
  6. Do you know roughly how long it takes for messages to come through (for example - if a Guild member happened to mention they contacted chat, or later you can load the ā€œ5 minutes agoā€)