Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

For something constructive, from now on, could devs announce or set a rule officially that such behaviour guilds helping each other in the guild war fighting for diamonds shall be forbidden, even if devs may lack abilities to check it clearly ?
This will be a simple action to show your basic attitude and sincereity on it.

4 Likes

My biggest issue is the appearance that cheating is tolerated. This i cannot endure. I am sorry

5 Likes

Same old same old. Canā€™t even say ā€œWeā€™re against colluding in Guild Wars and guilds that involve in those instance will be punished in the futureā€? I mean, set aside your ability to detect it, at least can you give us a clear statement where you stand in this matter? As @Lyya said, thatā€™s the start.

7 Likes

We believe that collusion is not within the spirit of Guild Wars. If we get solid proof of collusion in future (on our side as well, not just data collected by players) there will be consequences, which at the very least will be the removal of rewards. The guilds in question will also possibly be demoted to a lower bracket.

(Sorry, looks like I didnā€™t make myself clear enough earlier.)

4 Likes

but you just said you got no way to detect it???

2 Likes

Even if you do nothing on it now, please show your attitude so that we the players hurt from this are respected.

1 Like

If the players can track the data, why cant you? If you didnt want to use the info sent to you by players in the first week, why would you not monitor the matchup yourselves the next week?

5 Likes

But this has been going on for a very long time now and aparently there is proof so i dont understand why the guilds in question should get off scott free? Hell i dont even know what guilds they are cuz i didnt see the uncensored postsā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard to detect, which is why we are looking closely into it. We donā€™t want to move without definitive proof which we are working on now for the future. Like with all accusations of cheating, you know that there are numerous things we look into behind the scenes that players do not have access too.

1 Like

What is happening now is the very essence of ā€œthereā€™s no rule that says a dog canā€™t play basketballā€. The situation was considered (inaccurately, in my opinion) to be so remote a possibility that there was not even a need to come up with an explicit rule against it. Since there was no rule against it, it doesnā€™t make sense to punish people for breaking a rule that didnā€™t exist.

Now, however, there is a rule. And thus there is plenty of justification for punishing players who break it.

11 Likes

@Grundulum is correct.

so you confirm from now, if 2 guild work together there will be sanctions since this is officially cheating?

3 Likes

The possibility of collusion was brought up from the very start of GW. It wasnā€™t remote, one guild approached another guild in order to collude, and the whole thing ended up being discussed in a long thread on the forums. This was over 5 months ago. So the rest of the post, i get, but the ā€œremoteness of the possibilityā€ is not something that holds

5 Likes

See above.

1 Like

Salty herself said ā€œIf we see it affecting results in any significant way we will implement some changes to punish this kind of behavior.ā€

If you say you will punish the behavior, that means you had a stance against it.

2 Likes

ok ty for the answer salty sorry i didinā€™t saw that part you probably edited it after i readed it :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t. D8

1 Like

And again if you have access to MORE data than we do as players and the data the players can see shows the results of the match-up between the two guilds why cant you see it?

2 Likes

i think what she try to say is since it was not announced before, team coallusion was not officially cheating so they couldnā€™t penalize if it was not a rule

1 Like

I get that and maybe the mistake lies with this

This is an issue that was brought up a long time ago and it seemed to me to be very possible. I disagreed with the stance the devs took at that time and am upset now that it has come to this.

I am truly at a loss with how i and my guild should handle this decision by the devs.

@Saltypatra i am sorry because i am on the side of the devs way more often then not but i feel like you guys really dropped the ball on this months agoā€¦

3 Likes