GoW: ToDo Monitor

Update the main topic.
2) Unzip it (launch the .exe, choose a destination folder and click on “Extract”)

1 Like

It’s an SFX file created with winrar. So it’s an extractible file.
You just have to choose in which folder to decompress it (even if you don’t have an zip software).
Then in this folder you just have to run “GowToDoVx.x.EXE” to launch it.

After the first launch, this software ask to choose the game folder, click update databse and choose the right folder

Really a great soft :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Downloaded it yesterday and finally got all my data in today.

Really useful once you get the hang of what it’s trying to do.

I would recommend not bothering with this until you’re at least level 300 or more - it still makes me feel lower than the target level and I’m at 390.

You’re entering in a lot of data by hand in order to work out what’s left (you’ve got most Mystics but still need a lot of souls and a lot of Arcanes). Below level 300, you need too much of everything to worry about this app.

Small tip.
As all who already tried this app kow, it can take some time to fill in all data.
You can save some of this time by adjusting the config file.
I I remember correctly, all troops are set to mythic with level 1.
Lets say that majority of your troops are legendary with level 10 or 15.
If you edit config file (find and replace function) to set all troops to the closest average level you have it will save some time.

2 Likes

You have a :thumbsup: from me @turintuor. Nice work.

I can confirm that there is a Soul error in your ConfigGoW.xml file at line:

<SoulCommon …… v1=”4635” ……/> It should read:
<SoulCommon …… v1=”4365” ……/> Just a typo

Reverse Cumulative
My levels: 1,2,3 = 4365, 4355, 4340
Your Levels: 1,2,3 = 4635, 4355, 4340

The difference between the values is 270. So, 270 x 27 Commons = 7290 Souls. Which is the difference between:

Your 181 Troops = 1012545 Souls
My 181 Troops = 1005255 Souls

Will PM you. But, I don’t know French.

The To Do app is great for pointing out just how many Major Traitstones you have that you’ll never use… :stuck_out_tongue:

SoulCommon …… v1=”4635” ……
Should read:
SoulCommon …… v1=”4365” …… Typo only.

Not included in the previous post due to the forum program not liking the start line and end line symbols from the xml file.

Thanks. I should have double-check these lines :sweat_smile:
I will update the .exe, create a new link and update the main topic.

I understand now. My WinRar is a french version. So everyone have a french .exe. That’s right?

2 Likes

That’s right

And it’s done.
I also install the english version of WinRar so normally the first .exe should be in english ;-).
EDIT: if you want to keep your configGoW.xml file, you can copy it in the new folder. But you will have to modify it manually like @Bludax said before:

1 Like

Great tool, thanks for sharing! It was a bit tedious to enter everything manually at the start, but it should be worth it.

Just a few setbacks I’d like to mention:

• There seems to be an issue with the Kingdom Level counter. After entering all my data, it was still telling me that I have 23 Kingdoms at 0 stars… I actually have 2 Kingdoms at 2 stars and 6 Kingdoms at 1 star. It gave me the correct info for Kingdoms that I actually have at 0 stars, but not for the other ones. Then, after selecting each Kingdom individually in the drop-down menu, it updated, but it’s still not accurate. Now, it tells me that I have 13 kingdoms at 0 stars, 9 at 1 star and 1 at 2 stars. I’m not sure what to change to make it work. :-/

For instance, here’s the discrepancy between the game and the tool for Stormheim:

• You can definitely tell it was built with top guilds in mind when you see the default rarity for every single troop is Mythic. For a normal player who doesn’t receive 10K gems and a million keys a day, this makes a ton more clicks than should be necessary (I have exactly one troop at Mythic, and it reached that only a few days ago, despite playing the game practically from day one ^^ - I have plenty of Legendary Arena troops, though).

It’d be nice to have the option to start with all troops set to their native rarity instead. This will be closer to the truth than “Mythic” for most players.

In any case, I appreciate the effort and I’ll try to get the best of it. Thanks again.

EDIT: Never mind, I had just forgotten a few Traits (Berserker Trait 1 in the example above). I triple-checked everything now and it’s all fine an dandy. =)

Thanks for your comments.

• yes, there is one issue with the Kingdom Level counter when “All Kingdoms” is selected. I received a PM yesterday about that and I was corrected it. There was also another issue about that: I forget to put the really first kingdom level, the one without any star (below 600pts). Also corrected.
  • maybe but not for this point. In fact, it was easier for me to force “Mythic” for the initial rarity: every troops can have a level 20 so I didn’t have to check the rarity to fix the mx level of the troop. But, I overestimate this difficulty and I add a new entry in the xml: InitialRarityMythic, if value=“true” then all the new troops will be mythic else base rarity. You should launch the application and save so that line appears.
  • there is also a BaseLevel entry where you can select the standard level of the new troops.
1 Like

Thanks, sounds good to me.

At any rate, now that I’m getting the hang of it, this tool is already helping me greatly. Thanks to it I was able to get a solid boost in Kingdom levels efficiently and without spending too many souls or traits. And just being able to check easily which kingdom is the closest to the next level is really cool. :slight_smile:

You’re welcomed ;-).

Is it okay now, do you have the good amount of kingdoms for each power level?

1 Like

The issue with kingdom levels has been there a while, yeah. From memory, if you use the drop-down menu and view the kingdoms individually it will update them correctly. Just for some reason it doesn’t update to your changes otherwise

Yes, there was a bug with the update when “All kingdoms” is selected. It was corrected in the last version ;-).

But apparently, LegendMaker had another issue: the initial numbers of kingdoms by power level weren’t correct.
And I just want to be sure that there is no issue with it ;-).

1 Like

Thank you, it’s all working fine now.

I think it was a combination of the “All Kingdoms” bug and the fact that I had forgotten a few traits when entering my data. After checking each kingdom individually from the drop-down menu and updating the few traits I had initially forgotten, I now have correct data for every kingdom.

Google Chrome tells me this file is malicious, and won’t complete the download.
I guess I don’t really need it after all.

I didn’t even know this was an available feature!

I can confirm this. Can you alter the file to be safer(?)

1 Like

I think it’s because the file is an .exe one… which means executable application and so Google Chrome must think that it can be dangerous for the PC users…
Else there is nothing malicious in these files.

No option to download it despite Google Chrome warning?
Else, I will upload a .zip file. But this file will contain an .exe file so GC can also block it…

1 Like