Goodbye after almost four years

I wish you the best. It was great having you here. I remember upon visiting the forums close to 2 years ago, your posts were always helpful and inciteful to the game as a whole. It’s sad to lose another longtime contributor to the forums, but you’ve definitely had a huge impact on this community. I imagine you will continue to do so in the future with others you meet as well.

Imagine it’s 2018 and you don’t get a goodbye shout-out from one of the friendliest people on these forums.

7 Likes

take care and good luck Sir

The forum will not be the same without your wise comments and your sense of humour.
Good luck.

1 Like

Good riddance! erm… i mean ill miss you a little bit…probably … <3

I will miss your posts and opinions. a Good luck for all and I hope that this is only a goodbye

It was great having you around for all these years. Best of luck with your future endeavors!

Best wishes @Jainus now i wonder how
Many long time player we need to lost before the devs change their approach

This lost is worst since it was someone really vocal in the threads and always had good inputs.

6 Likes

I can relate to much of what you’ve said. I too am finding that this game is not what it once was and am ready to leave if doom tower is more of the same (which it looks like it will be). Gating Troops behind daily energy systems is a terrible idea and is what I think is a final straw.

I have enjoyed our troop discussions and game balance ideas, so best wishes for your future. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

small%20farewell

8 Likes

Close to a month ago, I see this is going to happen to many of us. So i also make a feature post asking for less matches at least, but it was not good understanded and i need to reply many times in it.

Also agree with the 2 post you sign up. I´m also a more than 4 years player, not always so active and only 2 years more like a forum habitual.

I agree with mostly of your replies here and enjoy your personal humour here. You be one of the first i meet here in the forums and all I watch or read of you was always very instructive and polite. Also you always try to keep the peace and respect here, so difficult in the last years. Really sad to see you leaving. Enjoy your time. Life is the best decision.

I make lot of changes to continue playing, but in my case not only affect to me, as a guild leader it affects to all the guild. Bored and tired to see every week people leaving I quit trophies in minimums to make people stay, but in many cases is not enough. The game is completely different, everything goes in a gem shop and in escalated difficulty, this is not so fun as it was. We know the answer to this, said many times already and we don’t need to say it again.

I wish you the best, maybe soon I go also but I try to stay, I don’t know really why.

Sorry for my bad English all the times, everyone knows is not my native language.
Good luck :hugs::smiley::older_man:

10 Likes

I am also in the same way and direction for apparent different reasons:

Right now I am playing less for one of the reasons I am thinking of leaving the game:

Here are my other reasons:
a) Other around me are getting Mythical characters and I was not
b) No fair competition is no competition indeed - when I do not have the same characters to chalenge them that they have it creates unfair battleground for monetary reasons for them (developers)
c) A side shoot to b, is that there are alot of unfair and overpowered foursome characters which are legendary to start that I do not have that make it unfair again from the start.
d) I have other things to do and committ to and takes away too much of my time.

I have not left you, but soon will when the time is right for me to step away.

I do not know how long I joined after the game was created, but if I had to guess no more than one year after it was first created.

Well, thats life in general. Some is getting lucky, others not so lucky.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to see you go @Jainus
I will miss your dry wit and the carefully thoughtout posts you always made. I didn’t always agree with everything you posted but you always had good arguments to support your views and you presented them very well…

see you later

Hope the best for you bud :frowning:

Does this recent change alter your decision?

2 Likes

Thanks, but nope… I haven’t needed more gold or trophies for years…

7 Likes

Coming back to edit a leaving thread which shouldn’t really be here in the first place…

Apparently the same rules don’t apply to everyone…

There, I said it, someone had to.

I made an exception with this thread, but I have also amended the Community Guidelines in the past to allow these threads under certain conditions. Also, Jainus has been an active and well respected member of our community for many years, so I felt strongly about leaving this thread up. Yes, it is an exception, but it is one I felt like it was important to make.

I did make an edit because I was quite hurt. If Jainus would like to put his comment back in I will leave it in the thread. In retrospect, it wasn’t the fairest thing for me to do, but I am also human. I typically have great emotional regulation, which helps with community management, but I was already feeling vulnerable. Them’s the breaks. :frowning:

2 Likes