Good job now the meta is more Goblins

I feel like something funky has been happening with the match making for me this week. I’ve seen a lot of goblin teams, and so few players over level 250.

I haven’t seen many legendary or mythic goblins, just epic or lower goblins.

1 Like

Just so you know, Kerberos is a not as good a counter to Celestia as you think. I say this, because I was sure Kerberos would be the counter, but the 25% chance, plus the mana denial that Celestia causes when looping makes it really frustrating. Over an hour, I managed to eat one Celestia with The Great Maw, and cast Kerberos 6 times all missing the devour.

All the status effects you would use on her get cleansed. Right now I’m thinking I might try and AOE Trueshot team against her.

seeing lots of gob’s like you. and yes most are epic maybe a legendary. not sure where all the mythic gob teams went. used to see a lot more all mythic or close to it

i use gobs to attack, but my defenses are usually a little different…

My guess is that many of the lower level to mid-tier players got around to dismantling their TS teams and are going with goblins since they are easily acquired troops. Once a 1.09 star setup gets established we’ll see a shift.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

I’m going to go hard for maw’s third trait and skull generators.

I think @Emos is probably spot on here. Before true shot people were told goblins were the vastly superior “cheap” to build team so they did. Then true shot came along and that was the superior “cheap” to build team. Now since True Shot got a solid nerf they are just putting back up their previous team.

Sometimes it is easy for peeps to forget that many low level players only have one or two PvP viable teams. The investment into leveling and traiting the true shot teams probably consumed much of their resources over the last couple of months (arbitrary time slice since I don’t remember when the trait update dropped). With those teams being left largely non-functional they are fielding all they have left. Some are probably even feeling burned enough they are going to wait a bit before jumping on the next bandwagon.

-Razlath

1 Like

Any random split damage troop will take the barrier off Celestia. What you follow up with is your choice.

I keep seeing a nasty gobbie team today with a Hobgoblin in first position with 32 attack!!! Lost twice to it while finding a team to deal with that power but my board control team chewed though them.

3 Likes

Hey I just thought of an idea! That yellow / green dancer troupe would be a great foil against Celeste comma because it hits every troop so it will pop her barrier and it’s damaged will still stay high because of her hi armor that only gets damaged after her barrier is down.

2 Likes

I tried a goblin based team to attack to see when the ai was going through and something i noticed right away was that the buff was small. +4 life and +5 attack is really small especially when people talk about huge goblins with high attack loads of health and massive armour but to me the team buff was nothing more than a soothsayer buff on all the troops and he does a better job of it. Next thing i noticed was that i just sat there for awhile just using my skill chains and even though i was progressing i felt it took too long to use everything and win. Heck to the guys using a knights line-up you might be onto something. Their turns were alot shorter but it seemed more effective as the ai managed to with less turns mind you get me to one goblin at 2 health. 3 of my goblins died and you might say well that is just bad game-play or it was luck but i know that if i had my hero with crescendo hitting about 12 or so damage i could have won after casting it once. Those at higher levels might be experiencing goblin defenses but as a low level player doing the pvp things are alot different. In my honest opinion goblins are too slow to fight as their turn takes forever as well as with the knight team having less turns overall much less effective. Also the knight team had no counters to goblins.

I’ve seen way more less goblins as the time goes. What about you guys? Perhabs it popularity decrease after so many new comps were constructed with the new hero class system.

Before 1.09 I saw Gobbies and Trueshots pretty much all the time. Now Centaurs and Wardens are few and far between and those pesky gobbies have made a comeback. But I would guess that they’re popping up about every 5th or 6th fight. They have come back to back 3 times when do revenges though.

I think people are using them more again as they learn how to implement the new troops from the two new kingdoms.

I still see a lot of Goblins, particularly getting my PvP rank up at the start of the week. Lots of Level 200-400 players are still running Gobbo defence teams sadly (for my boredom).

I changed mines! :smiley:

Yep I’m seeing a lot of goblins still… About 1/3 to 1/2 of invades… :frowning:

1 Like

Same here, 1/3 - 1/2

Some here, around 40-50% goblins in PVP invades… Fairly boring…

I think you guys are just really unlucky, I feel like I barely see’em once or twice every 10-ish games.

1 Like

I think you’re just really lucky when it comes to avoiding goblins. It’s been like this for me since the introduction of 1.0.9

I just fought 6 battles in the subway on my way to work. 3 were goblin teams, 2 were dragon teams (same player twice in a row), and one was built around Paladin and boosting his armor…