Gold drop in PVP is less since 2.2 patch

It only has a limited pool of players to pull from. It only picks opponents who are “active”, and prefers players who haven’t been attacked recently. We don’t know the exact numbers, and they could have tweaked them at any time, but players are only considered active if they’ve invaded someone in the past couple hours. It probably just picks three people at random, and just orders them by team power, rather than actually looking for a “low” “medium” and “high” option separately.

Actually there was a post by Sirrian sometime back that they do have three different ways of looking for an opponent. But that indeed doesn’t necessarily match low/medium/high always.
Let me try to find that post.

Edit: Sofar I can’t find it and I was back to the end of October already. As it’s worktime I do have to work too so perhaps I can find the link later today/tonight.

i dont know where that post is but the 3 teams matchmaking was:

• your acc level + your pvp tier
  • your acc level + your pvp ranking
  • your average attack team score over time

in an unknown order

I’ve noticed increase in PvP gold, simply because defending team score are higher then what I’m facing. Wider gap in team score provides for bigger payout.

I need an explanation if you know.
Here I play a team to farmer gold, with 2 troops having the merchant trait. But I am surprised the total of this team: 9605 points.

There is however a rare troop and an ultra-rare … why is the score so high …?

all team scores were adjusted in 2.2 update to include guild statues bonuses

It’s based on the current rarity of your troop, and the amount of traits you have (and the troops levels) so if they’re all Mythic with 3/3 traits, then you’ll have a higher score.

1 Like

Nuts… I’ve been meaning to look into that. I guess I’ll have to dig out the Team Power formula we worked out back when it was introduced and update it. Thanks for reminding me.

EDIT: Oops, double post. Sorry! ><

1 Like

Thanks, I understand better.
What is a bit frustrating is that the more we advance in upgrading our troops, the less we will earn gold.

it was in another topic but i believe YOUR account level was somehow added in the gold gained equation
or at least the acc level brackets (the furthest roll at lv500) is where ppl report gold reward dropping

so its even more sad as you just keep playign the reward will drop… :cry:

Eh, this is probably what you’re thinking of. And considering that I remember it, I should have looked at it again before I posted. I blame exhaustion. I’ll transcribe the contents of the image for the benefit of easier searching in the future:

One of your opponents will be chosen based on your average ATTACK team rating over time. Defend team rating does not factor into the matchmaking.

The other 2 opponents are chosen based on:
a) A combination of your PvP Ranking & Level
b) A combination of your PvP Tier & Level (I think… not 100% certain on that one, so I’d need to check)

Again, though, those probably aren’t individually linked to the 1, 2, and 3 trophy options. It probably picks 3 opponents, one for each method, and sorts them by team power.

I wonder if there’s something broken in the function that returns your average attack team rating, and that it’s factoring in defend team rating as well – or only defend team rating. It wouldn’t be the first time they got attack and defend teams mixed up. I remember defense teams getting reset to either Team #1, or the last attack team used, or something like that. I wonder if the slot people have their defense teams in is a contributing factor. Might explain why some people say changing their defense team affects their invade options, and others say it makes no difference.

Yeah that was the one.

And you are right I think, it definitely will select three opponents based on these three rules then order them by team score so there’s no guarantee option A is always the easy option (as an example).

What it comes down to, regardless of what the formula is, is higher level players who are in top guilds are getting considerably less gold post patch. My guild requires at minimum 500k per week, and it’s now harder for me to make that due to a change in a formula.
@Sirrian Please adjust the gold payout so it’s roughly the same as it was pre-patch.

I’ve noticed no change in my gold intake…

2 Likes

And I noticed an increase.

I’m actually getting more gold, the hardest fight option is usually valued up to 50% higher than before. I’ve switched my defense team to all Undead, to help out a bit with fragging the hag. This caused my defense power rating to increase quite a bit, which may be the reason for tougher invasion opponents. Hard to tell though, there might be some other patch related formula changes at work too.

I’ve noticed an increase in the minimum payout, an increase in the maximum payout, and an overall decrease in the amount a specific score team will pay out, however, a team of say, 7500-8500 points is actually much more likely to be significantly weaker than me now in terms of skill points, where prepatch they could either be significantly weaker or nearly on-par. That is, in fact, the only instance where you should see a per-battle gold drop, a high end player with guild bonuses fighting another high end player without any guild bonuses, where prepatch they were considered “on par” with your skill bonus level and are now (correctly) considered below.

Average gold payout over time has not been significantly changed with regard to matchmaking, and in fact, having 25-50% stat boost troops randomly in the mix (where the extra boost does not have any affect on the team score at all and therefore you get the same rewards for beating a team with mega-boosted troops) is much more likely to lower your over-time gains if it becomes widespread in usage, as it can make games take longer.

1 Like

Me either. Level 1100 in the #34 guild.