Gobtruffle balance

Beside the only reason you won was the submerged that came from either your dead hero/troop.

If you troops wasnt submerged the video would have been way shorter and was gonna be a loss.

And let me see, seen we’re talking about the big problem of player 1 week old having to fight gobtruffle over and over, Tidecaller hero (lvl 10, at lvl 20 for 50% mana start) with MC, alchemist, hellcat and gimlet can beat that np (even tho wont be a fast win, but we’re talking about new players fighting higher lvls ones anyway).

There’s defo way better combo’s but i had MC on my lvl 50 pc account, 20 lvls on hero are quite fast and the troops are epics at max, hopefully enough “new players” stuff.

PS: tidecaller ofc is supposed to be traited, or it is asking too much? a def to not be op need be beaten with common cards lvl 1 untraited?

That wouldn’t happen. Low level players fight people around their own level and it takes a while before before new players are able to unlock the underworld and obtain the delve troops.

Ik hehe, but acording to OP seem that’s the whole problem and even for them there’s a solution (if they really wanna do such fights).

1 Like

Okay listen, I used Obsidius and Aquaticus in 1st and 2nd position and I was only testing out Aquaticus with an elemental team in a random PVP as I just got her fully traited. Once again, an obvious deflection. It DOES NOT MATTER what team I had. It DOES NOT MATTER what I could have done differently. It DOES NOT MATTER what conditions there were before a 30+ turn RNG loop. It DOES NOT MATTER what I had for breakfast this morning. Stop CHANGING THE SUBJECT.

Stop trying to assume my intentions (as if that has any bearing on the underlying argument anyway) because the lot of you obviously have little to no intuition and couldn’t decipher a 4 letter word scramble. I do not normally record my games. I just could not believe my eyes when the enemy had almost a full 2 minutes of ongoing loops so I started recording and luckily (or maybe I should say statistically likely) it continued.

Just wait until there is a troop that starts with full Mana and converts to green. Then Gobtruffle will be an annoyance to all.

This isn’t anything new. Nobend Brothers/Princess Fizzbang/Queen Grapplepot does the same thing and use to be everywhere. There are plenty of other teams that do this Rope Dart/Quilin/Moon Rabbit and Yao Guai/Queen Titinia/Tai-Pan just 2 teams (there are more but I’m too lazy to go looking for them) that loop like this and are worse than this team. Both of those teams especially Rope Dart are far more common in PvP and since they have an empowered converter they are even harder to beat. I use Gobtruffle in PvP and freezing it hurts it badly.

You know what else gets old? The straw man that always assumes “this team is really frustrating to beat” means “I want to win 100%”, then turning that into ad-hominem.

Please explain how this message converts to: “I want to win 100% of the time, I’m a dumb loser and not like that super smart guy rojo who wins 3,000 matches in a row but never posts videos to prove he can beat Gobtruffle even 10 times in a row or any other basic accomplishment.”

I know you read it, because when I restated it later you marked it “offensive” until the forums automatically hid it because it ruined your fun of being offensive to other people.

I want gems to be a fast game. Rope Dart kicks my ass really quick. It’s a good powerful team. Gobtruffle is a piece of gum in the middle of the sidewalk. When I step in it I have to stop and deal with a mess. That makes it stick out as off-model.

Yes, I can avoid it. But let me ask you and rojo this: suppose I visit your house tomorrow morning and drop some gum on your porch. Are you just going to leave it there because you have the means to adapt and avoid it? Maybe you clean it up. I put it back. Do you still walk around it? Do you pick it up again? If this goes on for a couple of weeks, do you resign yourself to walking around gum for the rest of your life, or are you going to try to figure out who the Hell is doing this and kick their ass? When you do choose to kick my ass, be prepared for me to call you a whiny loser who can’t be bothered to learn how to deal with a piece of gum like a normal human being.

“Telling people not to complain is an act of power, a way of asserting that one’s position is more important than another one’s pain.”

3 Likes

Aside from ranked pvp and guild wars, a combo breaker should kick in breaking the goblin loop like it does for cascades.

Does the combo breaker even exist anymore?
I think it may apply to picking off 4 or 5 matches from the board but it seems to reset when a gem converter casts as in numerous occasions i have seen the rope dart team cascading without giving a single turn.

Wait, I don’t get it and maybe read your point wrong. Do you mean you don’t want a combo breaker in ranked PvP/GW? I don’t know if I agree with that but I get the argument enough I don’t want to start it.

(I just like to keep my “some people think this, some people keep that” ideas up to date.)

(Also I hate that, if combo breaker exists, it’s not a thing I can go find in the FAQ to understand how and where it works.)

This game is too hard for you. I get it. No one is going to visit my house tomorrow from this game especially not you. So bad analogy. Most people in this game lose not because of Hard Def. Most people lose battles because they are too lazy to find counters so that’s why they come here. I just wish people would spend a little less time in forums demanding changes and a little more time on the game figuring it out.

What part of the game needs to be harder and people need to learn and adapt needed to be flagged?

1 Like

Amazing how you’re able to make such grand generalizations about “everybody” based on absolutely no data. You must know so much, prophet.

1 Like

erm…i want to win all my battles…xD

2 Likes

The way i undertand this post, is that someone is asking, with video proof, the reasonable question:
« Should the AI be able to play 30+ turns in a row using only 2 troops »

Regardless of situation, result, context or outcome, i do hope the answer is « no, this is not a compeling situation »

7 Likes

What data you need? Go look at the complainers that live on forums throwing a fit that the game is too hard. If you don’t like to scout then whos fault is that? Scout or drop a couple bucks and get free scouting. One team does not beat all DEF and that’s a good thing. The Devs are trying to make it so you just don’t face one META team every single match but some want to face just one META I guess, I want harder not easier but I like a challenge. Some of us are fixtures in B1 wars while others are still figuring out how to score the most points. we are definitely playing 2 different games.

May I ask…
Is your objection to Gobtruffle focused on the powers of the troop itself, or on the cycling that allows the AI to basically stall you out like the triple or quad dwarven wall teams used to do so long ago?

Speaking just for myself, it is frustrating that I can put my phone down when the AI’s turn starts, and have my phone screen turn off with the AI still taking its turn.

8 Likes

Apparently you’re a lazy loser who’s ruining the game. You’re supposed to get really excited about losing, and the most fun part of the game’s the part where you play another game while waiting for Gobtruffle to finish in GoW.

3 Likes

Unfortunately it can’t, extra turns from spells break the combo breaker. You’d have to rearrange the gems on the board in a way that there isn’t any extra turn match possible with the next move, which just isn’t feasible once enough of one (or two) colors get spawned.

Every game, every sport, literally everything in life. There are going to be things that are hard and people that are better than you. If you dont want gobtruffle to go infinite than either freeze it or kill it. The troop is slow. It needs forest troll to fill and a bunch of greens for troll to double to get going. Convert greens away (since that seems to be the color they love giving converters to convert away) and watch troll fire duds. The ai is stupid and everyone in here is complaining about it. If you want to win at something every time then just fight a five year old, or play any game against that same 5 year old. Build a football team of adults vs that 5 year old and all his kindergarten friends. Have a reading contest against someone who is illiterate or that same 5 year old. Etc, etc, etc.
The game needs be harder, not easier. Too many people think they are “good” at this game and then come in here and complain about stepping in gum.

1 Like