Gnome-a-Palooza Changes

It’s Fair,but why not give exactly information,like the difference of the rewards according the level of exploration?
And now the spawn rate of mana surge gnomes will be normal on during the Event?( Not when GAP it’s activated)
Another question…how will be the drop rate VK and EVK now? normal or nerfed according the lvl of what you playing too?

2 Likes

“We admit that we f***ed up the release of GaP, and it would look bad if we took away those rewards due to our own mistake…”

“… but seriously, we need those rewards back, pronto :grimacing:

10 Likes

Could you please tell us what you don’t class as easy and what you don’t class as quick please.
We play by the rules you set like good adventurers we are ; only to be victims of efficiency. Appears to be border line discrimination to those who are high mid to end gamers the way I see which is sad.

4 Likes

Predictions so far:

1.) Any battle that takes less than 60 seconds, reducing rewards to [seconds taken] / 60.
2.) Any battle against an opponent with a lower team score than yours, reducing rewards to [their team score] / [your team score].

Lower of both payouts, possibly even with both reductions getting applied in sequence.

2 Likes

Personally speaking the 15min is good. Its your call to do 15 min non stop battle or just 15battle in that time. Dev problems are apparently the rewards. Personally i would say that everything was fine after the first nerf. A further nerf would actually harm the game since they will be having a certain value were they decide if something should be nerfed or not. But the risk of using such value is always problematic since you can have a case where you win 1 sec before that value and getting a massive nerf while winning 1 sec after that value gives you normal rewards.

If we would limit 15 battles per gnome storm then you can just make it a loot box which just drops the resource without playing it at all. Or so speaking it would become another vault key oO (in your case 15 vk to be precise oO)

5 Likes

Seeing all this posts and comments,just make think a bit,sounds so bad when they accuses some old players like me for example, it’s like calling us the reason of the NERF,we playing all this time by your rules, I’m personally get offended,I have literally more than one year ( counting hours of gameplay) played this game,it’s one year all dedicated to Gems,and now they saying we break economy of the game!?
I live in Brazil,here it’s everything literally the double of the price , because your game sells on dollars,this it’s not your fault @Saltypatra or of any Dev, but all I have in this game it’s pure effort,it’s not my fault too if your dev team don’t have any way to test things before they launch,and if you need a person(s) to do it I’m looking for a second ( or main) job,maybe your team need a South America member!( Just to don’t lose my sense of humor!)

6 Likes

Maybe simpler. They allow only 2-3 battles per min which is the equivalent of 20-30s. Everything under that value is regarded as easy and you get nerfed oO

Just tell us

• how fast is too fast
  • how good is too good
  • how easy is too easy

• I’ve an idea: Just tell us how we all should play the game the way that it fits into your economy.

This desaster could have easily been avoided if you would have playtested what you’re programming.

23 Likes

Sorry, slightly faster? What are you smoking?

Especially when doing things 1000’s of times, it all adds up.

Even if Ironhawk was only 1 second faster (which it isn’t but for arguments sake), you’re looking at 1000 seconds saved after 1000 battles, which amounts to 16.6 minutes. How many battles can you do in 16 minutes? Well according to their 6/minute limit, that’s another 100 battles basically. Now considering Rowanne can be SEVERAL seconds slower, you can freely multiply the above number (no greens, enemy 4+ matches, etc). Nothing to sneeze at especially since many of us still have these stupid classes to level out where the system was made with sadism in mind (over 5000 battles for one class to reach 100).

Please, do not touch the Ironhawk trait, it was the only good part about the troop and it’s also borderline seen as how the most optimal setup (not even for class leveling but just farming) only works in ONE kingdom.

That said, back on topic:

The fact that they thought grinding in this game, which already takes an immense amount of time (note: YEARS) was somehow “too good” suddenly, just shows how detached and/or greedy they are.

4 Likes

Or even more easy:
Hard cap the number of fights instead the amount of time.

2 Likes

Friend of mine wondered if they’d sell the verses again. Doubt he’ll buy any if he gets punished for playing efficiently, though. And the statements being so vague doesn’t help…

3 Likes

They could do that but i am against hard cap. Then they can just make something similar to VK or just a gacha where you get the resource since it wouldnt even encourage me to play it.

I don’t like this, too. But I also don’t like what they do.

It’s always a bad idea giving people something just to take it away later. Try this with your child and you’ll see…

1 Like

This
edit: I expected Ironhawk to get nerfed long long time ago. 3x Ironhawk already seemed too fast of team in the first vault event after its launch. This seems just way hard way to do changes, way too late in the game

Gamewise speaking people profit from the current state than a hard cap. Since you can just wait for x time and get the full benefit. The question is just what values are devs using

1 Like

That’s speculation at this time. We don’t know nothing about what they did. We just only know bla bla marketing speech.

Just done a palooza to see for myself. Even at exp 12 with a zuul team (not very fast at all) . The rewards are slashed. They are definitely rounded down too.
I obviously don’t know what the rewards should’ve been from a Gnome drop.
It’s definitely scaling though, exp1 was small rewards. Exp 12 was larger but still reduced.
Exp5 (phoenica) was in between the two.
I think the bigger factor is the team score difference than the time taken.

But it’s still only gold, souls, ingots, shards that are hit hardest and they can be farmed specifically when needed and better. The nerf is not going to change the game.

5 Likes

It’s all about context. In this context, 25% is only slightly faster. You won’t get more than 25% percent out of Ironhawk, all factors considered.

It doesn’t change the ratio. This is about rewards per time spent, adding up it entirely irrelevant. They don’t care that you can farm a million traitstones by playing as many years as you like without pause, they do care whether you can farm 10 or 100 traitstones each hour.

They won’t, there’s no reason to. Ironhawk would have to make a significant difference, like allowing you to farm 4 times as fast instead of just 25% faster.

Did you get any vault keys? Based on their rounding algorithm I wouldn’t entirely be surprised if those accidentally get rounded down to 0.

I got one key, yup. Was surprised at that being outside the weekend.
Chaos shards and diamonds are the worst to see, diamonds are often one - treasure Gnome gives 2 usually I think.
Chaos Shards and ingots were frequently in the low numbers.
Jewels still looked fairly high but very low sample size of course.
Lowest Glory I think was at 38 in exp1.

2 Likes