Gnome-a-Palooza Changes

You still fail to explain WHEN the reward sc alebacks happen. That’s what we’re asking. At what point exactly does this trigger? If you explained at what points these things would happen, you wouldn’t have the very people that made thousands of dollars’ worth of profits in Orbs of Power alone trying to metagame the new metrics.

1 Like

I was thinking about getting a cat, but this makes me reconsider…

8 Likes

What the fact? GAP is the only mode I am excited about. Please don’t touch it. Please concentrate on fixing daily ingot offers as fast as fixing GAP!

5 Likes

Some of those who joined the thread newly might have missed this info from a dev. The reduction in rewards are not the rewards that you care about. No reduction in the drop rates, we understand.

2 Likes

They just haven’t figured out a way yet.

Yet only 100 players now have the full band in their collection. How about fixing the ridiculously low drop rate for them in the vault. So the “economy” doesn’t just see constant nerfs with very little buffs?

21 Likes

Reading a bit between the lines, rewards will be scaled to one battle per minute, right? Meaning the server looks at the time between battles, if it’s less than 60 seconds you only get [seconds / 60] gnome rewards. I suspect that’s somewhat less than players are currently expecting when reading the announcement. It might go down better to correct expectations now than let the players find out in a few days.

Edit: Hold on, looking a bit more closely the server probably only takes the time between sending out the battle setup and receiving the battle results into account. That’s a bit of a bummer, all the time spent outside of battles doesn’t get accounted for, further reducing the payout for fast players. It also causes an interesting artifact, playing one slow battle for a minute gives roughly twice the rewards than playing six fast battles for a minute.

1 Like

I believe I posted in our guild 56 is the most we can do. So, 6 battles is a reality. But for explore 12, you can do 3 battles and probably do 36 to 40. Not really an issue if you have the teams and the internet speed.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if it looked at anything but actual battle duration and difference in team score potential. Which would lead to rewards getting nerfed harder than ‘‘intended’’ because loading times being a/the major limiting factor here is a thing they almost certainly ‘‘forgot’’ about.

12 Likes

Team score would be really nasty, especially if it gets applied on top (like a sixth of rewards due to speed, then a fourth of that due to team score). I really hope they don’t go that way, team score doesn’t represent team strength, just how much you’ve collected so far. We’ve already got a progress tax in PvP that punishes players for improving the parts of their roster they don’t play, no need to extend the controversy to Gnome-a-Palooza.

6 Likes

It can’t be any harder to just scale palooza rewards to gnome level, with 20 being the 1.0 multiplier. This way they can easily make explore 1 give only 1/2 the rewards, while for scaling up they could have used the same system as vault keys. This way, the tools were already there, it’s a system that players can understand, and it even offers a way to scale up without actually moving the needle for the economy.

But no, they have to do it in a way that’s many times more convoluted, completely opaque, much less fair, and much harder to program. Either that, or it’s really a blanket nerf as mentioned above.

7 Likes

Same here, so since that is less than 4 per minute (60 battles per palooza), surely we do not expect to be in the top 1% minority that can handle 6 battles per minute (90 battles per palooza).

Nothing to worry about then?
:face_with_monocle: :relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Hey, wanna buy this gold bar for a tenth of the market price? :smirk:

2 Likes

I used a rowanne/leprechaun team with leaf storm at level 1, most battles were cast lep, cast rowanne. I’m endgamer level. So am I in the 1%? That team can easily be created by an early player, but do I get penalised for being a higher level I wonder :thinking:

I only really cared about the vault keys, so I’m glad they aren’t affected. After the last GAP I spent 150 keys and didn’t get a single band gnome troop

4 Likes

depending on certain factors, most players should be able to do 46 battles on explore 1. 56 is the most we done. However, we have insane fast teams as well for harder settings. On explore 6 or 7, we can still hit the same amount, but not consistancy. so, we can do about 41 to 50 battles. For explore 12, we can still beat it in 12 to 20 secs with our teams, which is about 2 to 3 battles per minute. Easily 30 to 38 battles. It makes sense to scale rewards with difficulty.

While this hasn’t been said directly, the intention isn’t to hand out half of the rewards, the intention is to hand out very much less than half of the rewards, and not just for that 1% of players. I understand their position, I’d just wish they’d try to obfuscate it a little less, players are going to find out anyway.

I guess a fair and easy to understand solution would be to change Gnome-a-Palooza from a time counter to a battle counter. Gnomes show up during the next X battles, no matter when you do them, how long it takes you to fight them and which teams you use. It’s sort of a mixed bag, I’m not sure whether I would be happy or unhappy about it as player, which probably means it’s good.

4 Likes

Ok, so some data. I earned more VK from the last vk weekend than over the past year. I was at work for 12 hours and I managed I dunno 15 Gaps on day 1, I dunno the rest but I made about 375 VK over the timespan.

I cashed all of them in plus another 75, so 450.

I didn’t get all of the Gap gnomes, I got 1 HoR, 1 Sun and 1 Emperor from 450 keys.

Over the next xx campaigns, there’s going to be 22 total Tarot cards (not sure, something I read) that seem to have a drop rate of around 1% tops. So that with adding the new 4 gnomes = 26 troops/cards with a 1% chance to get and lol at what chance to get a specific card. I think HoR doesn’t count as a Tarot, so it’s 27, and there will be more HoR type troops.

Yet a sledgehammer to fun has been dropped.

An easier solution, maybe initially unpopular, but alter the third trait for Ironhawk and I’m pretty sure the playerbase would be less annoyed than now. I know we’d lose the animal that it is for E1, but maybe a really good 3rd trait would work, and we could go back to Rowanne and co and where Gap was after Thursday last time. I mean I’m thinking that no-one saw Ironhawks killing without moving the board…

Another solution, a 4/5 match must be made before Ironhawks 3rd trait kicks in. That would max battles to 4 absolute tops, give the AI a turn often and maybe average out at 3 a minute.

3 Likes

You greatly overestimate the usefulness of Ironhawk, it’s just slightly faster than a Rowanne team.

1 Like

Quick question is the 1 % based off of the steam achievement of crafting a palooza? This is all out of curiosity on my end where the 1% came from.

Gnomes for 15 battles rather than 15 minutes would ALSO be an easier solution,. But maybe we’re giving them too many ideas.

15 minutes where you can’t take your eyes off the screen was a really strange idea to begin with, but it fits well with the theory that the devs just hate players and want to make them suffer. It’s just that this time, the rewards were so good that players didn’t care about having to suffer for 15 minutes.

7 Likes