Gnome-a-Palooza Changes

I propose that instead of having a 15 minute window with nerfed rewards, just make it a flat 15 or 20 palooza battles with full rewards. At least everyone knows exactly what they are getting.

1 Like

I am totally against it from player pov and even casual pov. If rewards are more or less flat then just do a loot box where we need all 4 verses to open it. If its flat then i dont really see a reason to do it at all.

At explore1 i can do around 75 (around 20 VK) battles while explore 12 its around 30 battle (around 7 Vk) If you make if flat then there is no reason to play it at all anymore since you would only get 3 VK per gnome storm. I personally dont think its worth to do 15-20 cpvp warlord 4 right enemies to just get 3 VK.

The current problem is not the nerf of the gnome storm it self but how its nerfed and how the nerf is communicated. Its the evil hardcore endgamer and the top endgamer who is at fault since they do more than 4.5 battle per min while the core of medium and newbs who are copying the end gamers and even asking them how they can do it so fast getting 3-4.5 battle per min.

And those are slower because they dont have the exact cards to copying the end gamers team
completely. so here is the point. Do you think the devs would be fine with

95-98% of the players (newbs and medium) able to do 3-4.5 BAttle per min but would go ham if 1% can do more than 4.5 and even only 0.0001 of that 1% can do 5 battle per min?

And as one of the best player if not the best player i will repeat it once more. Its not the fault of the top player but rather that IP2 are unable to say “Sorry we messed up greatly. We have to adjust because gnome storm generates to many gems which really hurts our economy.” Instead they say general nerf and even using a formula based on half baked information.

6 battle per min is a condition which is in fact doable but not in gnome storm. (But take not that its not constantly possible to do since it include many factors.)

2 Likes

“And as one of the best players if not the best player”, a modest statement indeed.

4 Likes

I got confused there…newbies can use sister superior, dust devil, +2 ironhawks as fast as end gamers. No need to be the best. It doesn’t need any tactics to win.

But hey, I agree that the announcement could’ve done better.

2 Likes

That would appearently seems like but under the assumption that a newb can execute the click as precisely as a end gamer which isnt the case. Thats why there are difference like fleg with 4.5bpm, tacet with 4.7 and me with 5 bpm.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

@bloodhime_oO maybe you should add some emojis in your messages to show self irony otherwise it looks pretty arrogant what you´re posting here. just my two cents

oO I mean what i say. I am one of the best ingame. (k not that its worth that much oO)
And there are records of that as well oO So there is no need for irony or whatsoever.

Only because you know how to swim doesnt make you a professional.
Only because you know the meta in chess doesnt mean you are a grand master.

You still have to use that knowledge in practical use.

This. You can take Dust Devil/ x3 ironhawks (if you have that many) to Wild Plains on Explore 1 & get 6/min a lot of the time.
You CANNOT use this team that fast during a GAP, because Soul Gnome is frequently above the 20 life/armor threshold needed for that team. You then have to start matching gems to fill dd (or an ironhawk, depending on the board), but even having to do it once slows you down below the 6/min level that the devs held up as an example.
And I really want to see a video showing the team that can do 6/min during a GAP.

2 Likes

i just stated that its not possible in gnome storm. You even quoted that part oO

Yes, I was agreeing with you, just expanding on WHY it’s not possible. It’s mentioned way above, but that’s a lot of posts to grind through.

2 Likes

oh k then all good :slight_smile: only your last sentence was confusing.

After some live tests, best one could do is 5-5.2/min tending to say 5.1/min is max

Nothing of those has to do anything with your comment that “a new player cant execute the button smashing as fast like an end gamer”. Thats just BS

1 Like

If that is what you believe then why do you think there is somthing like speed running in games.
They are all owning the same knowledge and yet there is a slight difference in time since they know how to fine tune. If you think all can just hit 5 bpm because they know the full meta and smashing buttons then why is everyone even complaining? All would have the same chance and the nerf would so speaking affects none because then the so called “1%” would be in reality everyone with the ironhawk set. And you can be sure that there are more than just 1% with ironhawk set

And dont reason with “not all have ironhawk” Those playing longer have better stuffs.

I must say although I had a load of fun killing gnomes the amount of full bands I have is down right disappointing. Perhaps I’m doing it incorrect but as a long time player who plays on a daily basis for the life of me I don’t know what I’m missing. I’ve played hundreds of explore ranging from level 11 to 3 and didn’t see much difference? I play at least 200 pvp with even worst results

Theres something strange in this GaP events. It devaluate everything. Why bother faction, events, etc., if you could do a wide range of spam meaningless battles and earn much more goodies

That’s… literally what this thread is about. Did you not read the first post?

4 Likes

Sorry, nope, dont have so much time to read it all

To lazy to read the very first post and knowing what the whole topic is about but lets just post a comment. Very epic oO