Gnome-a-Palooza Changes

This coincidence has been noted a lot; and I note that Salty’s “1% of players” doesn’t qualify of which players. Is it 1% of all players? of active players? of Gnome-a-Palooza players? We don’t know and it’s slippery.

3 Likes

the drop chance of VK in VK /EV is really low. One can play over 300 VK and still doesnt get a single drop

@Saltypatra , I’m not here to pile on about the nerf. Nerfs happen. But I did want to mention that I’m being throttled on explore 12. Obviously I can’t do harder. So how slow do you guys need? Should I go smoke a cigarette during battles? (Side note: I don’t do that anymore! :rofl:).

Maybe a better way to handle this would just be to limit the number of GOP you can spawn within x time? I don’t know. Or just say GOP gnomes drop nerfed loot, period, and be done. But if I am doing exp 12 and get throttled rewards? Doesn’t give me warm feels.

To be clear, I’m not angry. It’s way too new to get upset about it. Just want…to…knooooooow…hoooooooooow……sloooooooow…weeeeeeee……arrrrrrrree……expeeeeeeeected….toooooooooo….plaaaaaay. :rofl:

19 Likes

Even better would be for them to admit that they fucked up again (I mean, nothing ever gets released without being stuffed up, right?) and just cut rewards without somehow trying to blame the player base again for being “too fast” or “abusing a loophole” or some other excuse.

3 Likes

Palooza’s are basically pointless now. Its been nerfed to the point that it’s a waste of time to try and farm explore hoping for all 4 gnomes to appear to get verses, cause after 2 hours the only gnome during a Gnome Event i’ve been able to get is 1 normal Treasure Gnome.

Its a waste of time for such a little reward. This is just another feature that was great when first released but now it’s just another useless feature that you should just remove from the game.

And don’t give me the BS about how it’s breaking the game’s economy. The game has no economy. There is no ability to trade or sell troops/resources to other players, thus there is no economy. When the game’s “economy” is mentioned, what you mean to say is the amount of real money that was being spent by players in the Shop dropped enough that it actually affected the business model.

If I play a low level explores during a Palooza, I get rewards so nerfed that it’s not worth the time because my Battle Power is so much higher and I kill them so quickly. But if I play high level explores, apparently even though I play a lot less battles, I still kill them to quickly and then the gnomes end up running away more often so I still get reduced/nerfed rewards to the point that I should have just done on it a level 1 explore, cause at least then I could have been earning more toward the pity gnome keys for killing X amount of gnomes.

It honestly feels like the Devs are actively trying to destroy their own game and get rid of the entire playerbase.

6 Likes

Are souls, keys, glory and gold the only things they nerfed, or were chards and diamonds too? I paid $100 for 6 gnomapaloozas and some gems, but didn’t know they’d nerf it. I’d like to return them and have a refund.

2 Likes

Oof, that’s rough on purchasing the verses to then have it nerfed not long after. Hopefully you’ll get some sort of refund worked out.

3 Likes

This is manifestly untrue. GAP has increased gnome encounter rates by 40x relative to past vault weekends (1 gnome in 10 matches on average, as opposed to 40 gnomes in 10 matches with GAP). Even with the maximum fivefold nerf in gnome rewards, you are getting almost an order of magnitude more gnome drops while GAP is active, and certainly getting over an order of magnitude more vault keys.

Of course, if you are personally opposed to GAP, you are free to just ignore it and avoid crafting it entirely.

What you call “great when first released” was generating millions of souls and glory over the course of four days, eclipsing the rewards from months of regular gameplay, and it’s obvious that this could not continue uncurtailed and that a nerf would be forthcoming.

What many on this forum, and indeed this thread in particular, have focused on is the recent nerf, but relative to past vault weekends, it’s clear that GAP had and has been a marked improvement overall.

The devs aren’t faultless, of course, and the release of GAP was accompanied by a whole slew of bugs and problems. There are certainly reasonable complaints to be made there, but the current state of GAP is not one such.

15 Likes

Ouch, condolences there.

Sadly, Shards are hard nerfed in the Gap, and Diamonds seem to give 1, rather than 2?

I would suggest, just get keys in Gap, then use them in the vault on ‘hard’ to get resources at existing rates.

3 Likes

They nerfed almost everything except vk drops. That’s not what I paid for.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the same person that LOL’d at me earlier in the thread when I said 6 bpm during a GAP is impossible?

Anyway, my best today was 68 battles and the best I’ve seen with proof is Tacet at 71 (still less than 5 bpm) Imo devs should investigate anyone doing 6 bpm (90 battles during a GAP) because they must be cheating in some way or another skipping animations somehow.

2 Likes

My sister is a real estate agent. There is something in real estate called appraisal fraud.

Appraisal fraud is the intentional inflation of the appraised value of a home.

When they sold that to you for x amount. They appraised it based on the system they use to assign value to in game items.

Removing or lowering the value of that purchase after or soon after would be illegal if they didn’t hide behind a TOS and governments that are as lazy and incompetent as IP2.

Sorry you got scammed. Many of us on here have.

My example is that Mythic fodder troop for delves. First week playing I get that thinking its a legit mythic. Nope. I didn’t learn then and that is my fault.

Edit: It may not be illegal today, but its unethical and they should be embarrassed. They do not care though, propaganda minister Salty will eventually respond to this with some incoherent cut and paste response.

6 Likes

I thought it would be illegal too, but it’s certainly unethical. If they don’t refund me at least then I was definitely scammed.

2 Likes

You do realize that the 1.0% figure refers to that being 1.0% of all the people who have ever played Gems of War on that particular platform? And because a substantial number of them don’t play anymore – many of whom probably haven’t played in years – the number of people who have achieved “The Rolling Gnomes” when divided into the active player base is probably a lot higher than 1%?

It’s not the entire player base. It’s probably not even close. But without any real idea of what the current player base is, we have no way to discern if that 1% really means 1% or 10% or 90%.

2 Likes

If the criteria is “Complete a lvl 1 explore battle in under 50 seconds”, then it’s at LEAST 90%…

Yeah I was misremembering the animation speed. It seems bizarre to me that all four gnomes have to have animation to “crash” into the battle.

Some others have theorized that it also depends on your connection to the servers (which are hosted on Amazon), because 2-4 seconds is spent loading the battles.

Interestingly, Tacet was using Greed+Dust Devil, and for me (and probably him), there is some merit to that – it’s a HEFTY amount of gold you’re getting over time (610 more gold for me per battle), but Sister Superior is slightly faster, because she doesn’t explode a gem at the beginning of the match like Greed does (which can result in 4 matches and cascades, and even once has resulted in enemy getting first turn).

I personally earned about 300k-400k glory during the last vault weekend, mostly because it was neverending GAPs on Thursday, and it lasted four days, although it was nerfed the next day, I still had tons and tons of GAPs.

I believe i have attacked you in the past for 6bpm as well. After testing it out the gnome sequence is more than 2s (instead of 1s) Therefore you are right that in gnome storm 6bpm is not reachable in average.
→ I apologize for the last post of mine. It was just furious that you claim 4.5 bpm is the max which isnt the case.

Gold 41938
Gem 6
Soul 32607
Glory 4820
VK 22
EVK 5
Battle 73

Here is my explore 1. 5bpm is however doable since thats nto my best one (done it roughly at 1am oO)

2 Likes

I don’t get how ONLY ONE% of the entire player base, who gave up their time and put in the effort to do better in the event last time causes a nerf for 100% of the entire player base. Did you not stop to think that the reason that ONE% did so much better than expected was because of YOUR screw up having Verse Gnomes dropping so much during a GAP that they did so well? This is like using a nuke to blow up an entire country just to destroy 1 factory, it’s ridiculous. It’s not like that 1% had an unfair advantage, they had to use the troops YOU gave them, just like everyone else did. You’re punishing everyone for your mistake!!! After grinding for 6 hours and only getting 7 gnomes the entire time, none of which were Verse Gnomes, it has killed the event for me.

12 Likes

Gold 119721
Gem 23
Soul 45068
Glory 10418
VK 7
EVK 0
Battle 28

Thats explore 12 oO

3 Likes